LINHMY (AMY) BACH
+1-703-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Analyst with 4 years of experience in using Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheet, Java and Python programming language to convert data into actionable inputs. Utilized Oracle SQL, ERD Database and other toolsets for data analysis. EDUCATION
B.B.A Computer Information Systems, Graduated July 2019, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia Cumulative GPA: 3.14
Project Manager Assistant, The World Bank Group, Washington DC January 2019 - Present
• Develop and conduct appropriate statistical and qualitative analysis methods to research, evaluate, and utilize project resources.
• In conjunction with the project manager, perform analysis of project schedule, support the project's core activities in capturing and analyzing data.
• Assist the project manager in compiling, computing, and submitting information for reports and supporting activities.
• Coordinate at least five meetings on a weekly basis to inform internal and external stakeholders on the timeline of the project and action items.
• Deliver excellent communicative support via emails, phone calls, in person and online meetings to meet client expectations.
• Collaborate with project management team on identifying crucial tasks and ensuring deliverables meet project schedule.
Young Women In Technology (WITY) Intern, The World Bank Group, Washington DC June - August 2018
• Used Excel to assist with creating AWS Trusted Advisor reports on a weekly basis for 50 accounts.
• Collaborated with team members on automation process of getting AWS S3 resources such as buckets and objects.
• Gained hands on knowledge on AWS Services such as S3, EC2, Cloud Trail and Cloud Watch. Customer Support Specialist I, IT Helpdesk, James Madison University January 2017 - January 2019
• Identified and analyzed customer data to deliver high-quality computing support and service to enable the JMU community of applicants, students, alumni, faculty, staff and affiliates to continue to perform at the highest possible level.
• Provided excellent customer service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and service management best practices of JMU's recommended software, hardware and campus-wide applications and systems. CAMPUS LEADERSHIP
LINKers, Center for Global Engagement, James Madison University August 2016 – December 2018
• Served as peer orientation guide for international transfer students from all over the world.
• Coordinated the International Student Leadership Conference with a team of sixteen people.
• Facilitated group discussion and workshops about diversity.
• Acted as a mentor presenting helpful knowledge and reliable resources for campus life. LANGUAGE SKILLS
• Vietnamese (Native)
• English (Fluent)
• Mandarin Chinese (Speaking and Listening – Intermediate, Writing and Reading - Elementary)