Michael G. Baptist
To obtain an exciting and challenging position in Telecom Engineering/Network support with a well- established company.
Level3/Centurylink: Fed Gov Pre Sales/Solution’s/Network Engineer (SE) – May 2015 – Sept 2019 Technical sales engineer between Federal Civilian customers and CTL engineers and solution architects particularly pertaining to complex sales of VoIP solutions and IP/VPN networks and Cloud services including Azure, AWS and Google, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS. Provide engineering diagrams and parts list for CTL products and services. Also utilize CTL’s business tools for pricing and appropriate CPE and services solutions. Respond to customer RFI’s, RFP’s requesting Internet connectivity, xWDM, SONET, Ethernet products and traditional data communication products such as EVPL, EPL, DIA MPLS/IP VPN Private Line and Optical fiber products. Work with sales to translate the needs of the Federal customer into products and solutions to best meet the requirements and propose winning responses. Actionet / SAIC/ Contracting Germantown, MD 10/22/2008 – 05/17/2015 Sr. Telecommunications Consultant for DOE (Dept of Energy) Headquarters Provides technical consultation as a subject matter expert for telecommunications network services and supports the activities of the DOE Operations Support Team in the provision of telecommunications services to DOE HQ’s and Field Sites. This support includes consultation on telecommunications services and features, cost studies, project management and special assignments as requested by the DOE Telecommunications Manager and Field Sites. Key role in the DOE Transition from FTS2001 to Networx contract. Approved Networx Designated Agency Representative (DAR) for Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink Level 3 and Sprint. I have DOE security access.
Segovia IP Herndon, VA 05/22/2006 --- 10/20/2008
Global Network Operations Satellite Specialist
Responsible for monitoring, support, health and status of entire Segovia broadband and satellite networks. Includes all facets of IP,VoIP and RF satellite hardware and services within network infrastructure as well as customer remotes providing level 1 thru 3 support. Responsible for new commissioning and activations; troubleshooting and resolution of network outages. Internal and external technical and management escalation; documentation and QC/QA of all interactions, problem reports and network events. iDirect products. Remedy ticking system. Loral Skynet Rockville, MD 2/2/2004 --- 05/20/2006 Lead Global Network Operations Satellite Controller Responsible for shift staff within international network operations center. Performance of monitoring and controlling of Systems, Networks, and Circuits to customers worldwide using online tools such as Naviscore, HP Openview, Solarwinds, IMS, NMS, over our Terrestrial, Fiber and Satellite infrastructure. Also work with all iDirect products. Northrop Grumman (Consultant)
United States Postal Service Headquarters Washington, DC 4/30/2003 - 9/21/2003 Telecommunications/Network specialist
Telecom/Network Specialist in support of over 4,500 end users. Responsible for installations and relocations in support of phone and network / LAN connectivity. Administration and accounting of products/cables and material, needed for support. Distribution, monitoring and tracking of pagers. Responsible for acquiring DSL/high speed Communications for multiple VP’s home services and at headquarters inner offices. All telephone billing that is billed to the headquarters location goes through me for confirmation and accounting adjustments. Responsible for all communication cable management in building. Hekimian Labs / Spirent Communications Rockville, MD 11/01/2000 - 11/01/2002 Network Engineer
Responsible for writing and engineering detailed Installation Specifications for Southwestern Bell, GTE, Quest, and Sprint. Hekimian installed Digital Remote Access Units (DTAU’s, Mini-eDTAU’s, BRTU’s, Coppermax, ect.) for circuit testing and monitoring for these phone companies. I worked remotely out of my home in Kansas City. Sprint World Headquarters Overland Park, Kansas 7/1/1999 - 7/1/2000 Data Switch Engineer
Responsible for writing detailed Installation Specifications for Sprint Data Switch Engineering IP Backbone Services including Sprintlink, Sprint Dial Networks, Web Hosting, Pub-IP, AOL, and other miscellaneous services such as Global One.
• Engineering specifications include Cisco Routers, models 2507, 2511, 7000, 7505, 7513, Catalyst 5000, Gigabit Switch Routers, models 12008, 12012, 12016 with OC48 capacity, Kentrox IDSU
(T3/E3) Datasmart T1 DSU, DL3900 IMUXs, Optical patch panels, Lannet Hubs, and Sun Servers.
• Communications facilities engineered - DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48 and OC192
• Interfaced with installers, installation management, design engineers project managers, material supply and expeditors, implementation management configuration engineers and accounting department.
• Experienced with Sprint’s internal computer systems such as PACS, NCS, Peoplesoft, and Project Tracker.
Boeing Commercial Airplane Company Wichita, Kansas 1/5/1995 – 6/1/1999 Manufacturing Engineer
Investigate, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications. Provide appropriate plan for shop fabrication through the use of production shop requirements and various support software.
Sprint Corporation Gardner, Kansas 1/5/1994 – 1/1/1995 Network Computing Analyst
Central interface between network clients and support groups. Responsibilities included resolving, reporting and tracking problems that involved on-line applications or network connectivity utilizing SNA and TCP/IP architectures. Pro-active surveillance of network components and applications using Netview, Netview6OOO, and UNIX tools. Boeing Computer Services Wichita, Kansas 1/1/1986 – 1/1/1994 Network Computing Support Analyst
Provided troubleshooting and resolved communication problems. Worked with 3270 devices, PCs, peripherals and mainframe equipment. Installed and configured PCs and peripherals, IBM terminals, LANs, (Token Ring, Ethernet), AppleTalk, modems, multiplexers, protocol converters. Experience and Equipment
• 1981-1982 Wichita State University Wichita, Kansas
• Senior standing 120+ hrs - Music Scholarship
• 1979-1980 Hutchinson Community College
• Hutchinson, KS Music Scholarship
• Two 6 week sessions towards MCSE certification. 230 hours Boeing computing related classes.
• Received my Certification for completing my CCNA bootcamp. 12-01-05
• Hardware / Software Experience / Cloud Services with AWS, Azure and Google
• Bridges, channel extension equipment, All series of Cisco routers, CSUs/DSUs, ASR, VMVPN, BGP and dial-in facilities-data center work, Network Services,- Firewalls, Load balancers, F5 Switches
• M&C Proprietary devices. Ethernet, fiber optics, TCP/IP, MPLS, PSTN, SIP Trunking, T1.5 –
• OC192, GSR’s, DWDM, CWDM, IPv4 IPv6, CS-2100, TDM Lines VOIP, Telecom Trunks,
• Hubs, IBM SNA devices, LANs, WANs, multiplexers, PCs, protocol converters, Risc 6000, Sun,
• CATIA, Apollo workstations, terminal/print servers, Token Ring, X-stations, laptops, ACF2,
• AppleTalk, CICS, HP Openview,, Hyperterminal, Dynalink, FTP, Solarwinds, PuTTY, Telnet,
• TFTP. Satellite Modems –iDirect, iMonitor, iBulder, iSight, Comstream, Fairchild, Anacom and
• Datacom, BGAN Terminals and VSATS. BRTU’s, DTAU’s, Mini-eDTAU’s, Coppermax, Type
• 1 blocks, CODCN. BDFB’s, Pinnacle.
• Security Clearance – Public Trust
• Personal Reference available upon request