Raymond E. Chavez
Franklin, TN -- 505-***-**** -- email@example.com
Healthcare M&A and Real Estate Executive
Proven leader with the ability to leverage the company’s strengths and resources to improve operating profits. Strategic thinker and expert negotiator who is highly skilled and experienced in M&A and real estate transactions. Strong working knowledge of key strategic healthcare areas including valuation, regulatory, law and general accounting and finance. Proven ability to identify key M&A deal issues and resolve them in an honest direct and efficient manner. Complimentary experience in operations property management and procurement. 5 Years experience 5-star in restaurant service. Diversicare Healthcare Services, Inc.
• Responsible for all aspects of purchasing and environment of care/asset management / for 72 LTC/ALF centers with $500+ million annual revenue.
• Member of Board of Directors for a national long-term healthcare group purchasing organization representing a $1.9 billion annual aggregate volume.
• Researched and initiated multiple opportunities that resulted in over $1.0 million in annual savings in the areas of ancillary vendor management, bulk purchases, product conversions, rental management and process improvement.
• Assisted with all phases of acquisition and divestiture initiatives for the company as directed by the CEO, CFO and Vice President of Acquisitions resulting in 40+ acquisitions and 16 divestitures valued at over $400 million.
• Assisted with market assessment, valuation and negotiating strategies for all target transactions.
• Directly involved with the formulation letters of intent, due diligence, purchase agreements, and operations transfer agreements.
• Fostered relationships between the company’s senior management team and personal contacts including institutional brokers, REITs, operators and lenders within the healthcare space. Sun Healthcare Group, Inc., Albuquerque, NM
• Co-leader on the acquisition and divestiture of 58 facilities in 9 states over a four year period from 2013 to 2016 including fee simple purchase and lease.
• Provide institutional insight and guidance to executives relating to the $275 million merger of Sun Healthcare and Genesis Healthcare (fall, 2012).
• Managed the relationship aspect of the business on behalf of the company to include REITs, lenders, brokers, and investors.
Vice President - Purchasing & Property Management (promoted 9/2017) 2016 - 2019 Senior Director - Acquisitions 2012 - 2016
Director, Real Estate 2000 – 2012
Raymond E. Chavez Page ! 2 of ! 2
• Managed the lease compliance and documentation aspect of the real estate portfolio associated with 200+ healthcare facilities and 100+ commercial offices with locations in 41 states generating $1.9 billion in annual service revenues for the company.
• Led a $21 million HUD 223-a7 refinance transaction, resulting in $0.3 million in annual savings.
• Participated heavily in negotiations for 18 master leases that resulted in the 2010 spinoff of Sun’s real estate portfolio to create a new publicly traded healthcare REIT.
• Successfully refinanced $22 million in mortgage maturities on 4 owned healthcare facilities.
• Led the negotiation for lease amendments with two major REIT landlords that resulted in over $40 million in landlord commitments for capital investments to certain leased centers.
• Key support for executive management on various strategic and tactical corporate objectives.
• In conjunction with fiscal year 1999 bankruptcy filing, was responsible for negotiating the disposition of over 75 healthcare centers.
• Led a negotiation relating to an option transaction involving the acquisition of 9 healthcare facilities located in New Hampshire valued at more than $30 million. State of New Mexico – Office of Cultural Affairs
• Managed the financial aspects of capital monies (state of NM, Federal/HUD) for the construction of a
$55+ million state museum and cultural center.
• Developed and maintained an annual operating budget of over $1.5 million EDUCATION
New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, NM
• MBA – 2002 (honors)
• BBA – 1997 (honors)
• Dean’s List 1996-1998
• National Business Honor Society (“Delta Mu Delta”)
• Scholarship recipient
Williamson County Fire Department/Rescue Squad
• 2019 Volunteer recruit cadet in training
Senior Financial Analyst 1999 – 2000