***** ********* ***** #*, **** Desert 92260
I am a successful Chef with over Two decades of front of the house and back of the house passion. From Bus Boy to Executive Sous Chef, Server to Banquets and Catering, San Diego Chargers Training Camp to the Palazzo in Vegas, to a flourished career with Kimpton Hotels! I aim to please, bringing a multitude of cooking techniques to your table with a smile. I pride myself on concurring the problematic, and developing solutions to enhance all of my client’s needs. Education
• Graduate, Grossmont High School. Diploma 1999
• General Education, Grossmont College. 1999-2000
• Technical Training\College Credits, United States Air Force. 2000-2007
• Culinary Degree, San Diego Culinary Institute. 2010-2011 Experience
• Dec 1, 2018 – Feb 8, 2020(Rowan, Palm Springs)
Executive Sous Chef\Banquet & Catering Chef
In charge of maintaining 4 F&B outlets throughout the Rowan Property. Absorbed dual roles wile contributing to profit increase through BC&C, grasping cliental to retain property revenue with tastings and standing banquets. Maintained administrative operations for over 40 persons. Detailed P&L statements with upper management on a constant basis to determine where to add or cut, whether it be food cost or labor.
• Jul 21, 2018 – Dec 1, 2018(Rowan, Palm Springs)
Took over the Banquet and Catering Program, implementing 37 new menu’s which contributed to profit and clientele increase. Did ordering and receiving for multiple outlets along with scheduling for 4 different outlets for the property.
• March 1, 2011 – Jul 20, 2018
Sous Chef\Banquet & Catering Chef(Solamar, San Diego) In charge of the entire banquet and catering program as well as maintained JSix(Restaurant) on a day to day basis. Retained repeat business for 5 years during Comic-con’s through stellar food quality and exceptional service. Maintained food & Labor Cost running adjacent with budget. Menu creation throughout the year based off
} Resume: James Nellis
} Page 2 [Type your phone number]
availability and sustainability. Office administration(invoices, scheduling, counseling, new hire, termination, payroll, ordering, receiving……)
• Dec 20, 2007 – Mar 1, 2010(Grand Lux Café, Las Vegas) Sauté\Pasta\Oven Chef
Followed all menu specifications to the ”T”, while putting out the highest quality food in a timely fashion. Service included up to 1,400 covers in one day. Certified Trainer for all stations. Also ran the breakfast line and Buffet bar.
• Sep 27, 2001 – Oct 27, 2007(United States Air Force) Honorable Service spread out through the country and overseas as a Petroleum Linguist for the 99th Supply Squadron. Retired as a Senior Airman with Decorated Medals.
• Feb 1, 1999 – Sep 10, 2001(Chevy’s Fresh Mex Restaurant, San Diego) Catering\Prep Cook
Oversaw the preparation, cooking, transporting and set up for all food to the San Diego Chargers training camp. Rotating several menu’s held to the highest standards benefitting over 300 persons each day.
• 2016 Manager of the Year Jsix\Solamar
• 2016 Manager of the Quarter Jsix\Solamar
• 2013 Employee of the Year Jsix\Solamar
• 2013 Employee of the Quarter Jsix\Solamar
• 2013 Employee of the Month Jsix\Solamar
• 2013 Coach to ACF Culinary team resulting in 3 Gold Medals, 2 Silver Medals(Las Vegas)
• 2011-2012 Member of ACF Culinary team receiving Silver Medal(Cincinnati)
• 2006 American Petroleum Award USAF
• 2005-2006 Drake Trophy, Best Fuel Flight in the Air Combat Command