Testing both physical and chemical property in steel production. For the past 10 years, I have been working in the QA Department SSAB, formally known as Ipsco, making plate and coil steel. Certified in Ultra-Sonic Testing and Total Quality Management and basic problem solving. WORK HISTORY
SSAB - Muscatine IA
• Tested for chemistry used in the production of low carbon steel used in both plate and coil using leco units for measurement of carbon, sulfur and nitrogen.
• Used OE for the tracking for other elements.
• Physical testing for yield, tensile strength and elongation with the use of a Satec; samples are prepared using a saw, Hass, lathe, and a use of a bridge port. Machine Operator
Butler Manufacturing- Galesburg IL
• Production of steel beams, using blue prints to punch holes in exact location.
• Welded material and sheering to length.
• Programed a computer to run off-line production. Manufacturing Technician
Intel- Chandler AZ
• Production in gases that are released on to a computer wafer causing a chemical reaction that produces a glass coating.
• Used three computer systems with remote control which controlled the robotics.
• Worked stream which kept track of the data and the station controller which controls the gases.
• Certificated in Watkins/Johnson and Nitrox.
BRETT E. UNDERWOOD
9535 N. 850th
Avenue, Cambridge, IL 61238
Northrop-Grumman - Chandler AZ
• Production of aerospace honeycomb composite fiberglass, aluminum and graphite.
• Responsible for inventory control for the reconstruction department with 98 percent accuracy.
• Assisted with Pre-Preg tower operator and robotics sheeter and chemical testing. Certified quality control and licensed forklift operator.
• Achievements: A letter of recognition from R/D group from Hexcel Corporation.
• Recruited to the Northrop Grumman when the plant was sold.