Brian G Kendall, MS
Feeding Hills, MA 01030
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Positioning HR as a Business Partner for Excellence
Strategic and innovative Human Resources Professional who translates business vision into HR initiatives that improve performance, profitability, growth, and employee engagement. Empowering leader who supports companies and top executives with a unique perspective and appreciation that human capital is every organization’s greatest asset. Genuine influencer who thrives on tough challenges and translates visions and strategies into actionable, value-added goals.
Signature HR Qualifications
HR Best Practices
Employee Relations & Diversity
Staff Coaching & Mentoring
HR Policy, Process & Systems Design
Workforce Planning & Development
Employment Law & Compliance
Organizational Consensus Building
Disciplined and flexible approach that balances business goals with employee needs.
PhD Degree - Industrial/Organizational Psychology – Grand Canyon University – Current Dissertation: The Effects of Discursive Leadership on Employee Discretionary Effort
MS Degree – Industrial/Organizational Psychology – Springfield College – 2014
Positive Voice Centered Leadership, Job Satisfaction, and Safety Climate in the Workplace
Training Manual: Pattern Recognition and Stress Relief Case Study:
Employment Law: Title VII – Constructive Discharge
BA Degree – Psychology – Franklin Pierce University – 1999
Internship - Department of Professional Development – Behavioral Health Network – 2013
Rocky’s Ace Hardware Human Resources Director, Springfield, MA 2018 – 2019
• Supported 34 convenience hardware retail stores in seven states in all facets of the strategic creation and systemic implementation of all policy and procedure, compensation, reward and recognition, performance management, human capital management, and training and development.
• Developed organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives in line with a multi-year strategic plan.
• Implemented human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations. Transitioned organization over to a paperless document retention system.
• Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining departmental productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
• Developed human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
• Accomplished special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
• Supported management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
• Guided management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
• Complied with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Updated job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhanced department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
HP Hood, LLC Human Resources Manager, Agawam, MA 2016 – 2018
• Revamped all multi-site policies, procedures, and practices to align with business goals.
• Creation and facilitation of a 10-month Leadership Development Program for entire organization.
• Travel to other sites and other divisions to meet with management teams regarding OD initiatives.
• Work closely with Operations to strategically align HR practices with business goals.
• Understanding of the constraints and demands on leaders to achieve results within financial parameters.
• Leadership development and coaching at all levels.
• Oversee two Union locations as well as successfully negotiated two Collective Bargaining Agreements as first chair.
• Managing all HR Systems (Performance Management, Learning & Development, ATS, Kronos, Ultipro).
HP Hood, LLC, Human Resources Specialist, Suffield, CT 2015 – 2016
• Ability to influence, facilitate, and implement Human Resources change.
• Ensuring the business is legally compliant in all its employment activities.
• Facilitate and manage all health and wellness activities.
• Manage site human capital management and payroll systems.
• In charge of recruitment, selection, and onboarding activity for all permanent and temporary employees.
• Creation and facilitation of a 10-month, 50-hour multiple site Supervisor Education Series.
• Development and facilitation of leadership development planning.
• Ability to work at a fast paced and senior level.
• Human Resources Information Systems.
• Employee Retention and Employee Relations.
• Supporting all labor relations activities.
HP Hood, LLC, Production Supervisor, Agawam, MA 2008 – 2015
• Created and facilitated a 12-hr ‘Train the Trainer’ training.
• Created and conducted employee engagement and 360-degree feedback surveys which were used in a gap analysis in creating a personal development leadership initiative action plan.
• Negotiated the Receiving, Processing, Blow Mold, Laboratory, Warehouse, and Production departments together for the goal of continuously improving individual efforts toward achieving shared goals.
• Trained all new employees in standard operating procedures, safety, teamwork, HACCP, and SQF.
• Influenced high safety protocol, quality assurance, and created systems to track and increase productivity.
• Coached other supervisors in methods of presentation, influence, trustworthiness, and leadership competencies.
• Run daily meetings with different departments and show each department how their daily tasks are vital to the success of the entire company's day.
Southworth Paper Co., Production Supervisor, Agawam, MA 2000 - 2008
• Directly supervised shop floor in every phase of converting process.
• Training and facilitation in conflict resolution and supervisory skills.
• Managing employee movement between departments.
• Production of detailed daily reports and inventory control.
• Creating and executing continuous improvement program.
• Employee scheduling, attending daily production meetings.
• Acting as a conduit between fundamentally different departments.
• Worked collaboratively with various department and business leaders to improve systems and competencies.
Society for Human Resource Management 2013 – present
Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology 2012 – present