FOOD SAFETY QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST POSITION
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Over 10 years of QA/QC and Regulatory Affairs experience. Performed products evaluations to ensure compliance to specifications parameters.
● Experience in monitoring the manufacturing processes to ensure adherence to procedures and requirements specified within recipes, SOPs, and the HACCP program resulting in quick, strong decisions during operations.
● Excellent in ensuring Quality Program meet all regulatory requirements.
● Good at reviewing, validating and maintaining quality programs (SOPS, GMPs)
● Experience working collaboratively with manufacturing departments to enforce food safety and quality assurance protocols for Safe Food Manufacturing
● Providing excellent guidance and direction on implementation on programs in place.
● Good eye for details and documentation skills for auditing.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Multi-tasking abilities and Program Implementation.
● Assisted in the development and implementation of Food safety and Quality related policies and standards operating procedures.
● Maintaining quality control systems including monitoring and documentation.
● Excellent team work player with analytical and problem solving skill
● Strong working knowledge of software operating systems, including MS Office, Windows 95, (Word, Outlook, Power Point)
● Ability to take initiative, able and willing to learn new skills and excels in fast paced and high-pressure environment
● Excellent communication skills with active listening, information gathering and decision-making SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Regulatory Affairs Officer
● Reviewed and Quality Management System policies and procedures and design history files for clarity, accuracy and compliance with NAFDAC and SON
● Ensured facility and product registrations, product recalls and investigations were documented and maintained appropriately to help ensure a constant state of inspection readiness.
● Provided regulatory guidance to product development teams and drove strategic regulatory implementation via proper design controls throughout the product development process
● Determined regional labeling requirements; reviewed and approved final labeling and packaging
● Reviewed customer complaints for safety issues; non-conformances and CAPAs for effectiveness
● Obtained and managed required state, federal and international regulation for Export
● Led initiative to improve employee training compliance, increasing training from 55% to>90% completion rate
● Performed QA of all regulatory documents before submission to NAFDAC
● Assist Manager in the creation of new policies and procedures for departmental operations. Developed and implemented system for incoming study communication
● Working with Quality Assurance team to create Food Safety team and plan in preparation for HACCP Quality Assurance Technician
● Assisting in the development and implementation of HACCP practices.
● Following and building on existing quality assurance policies, procedures, and guidelines, and ensuring all quality and safety standards are met.
● Primarily responsible for ensuring that the company’s Sanitation Program requirements are being met on a continuous basis through guidance, direction, auditing, training and following up with Sanitation contractors and Production operators at the facility.
● Verify certificate of analysis and arrange testing for incoming raw material, WIP and finished goods.
● Ensure daily GMP audit is conducted with FIFO.
● Complete periodic line checks to determine compliance with product specifications.
● Act as Internal Auditor and assist with quality training of production personnel.
● Verify and monitor pest control program. Created SOP's and training guides for projects involving multi- departmental coordination.
● Monitor and record process control parameters according to set specification. Quality Control Technician/ Laboratory Supervisor
● Improved Quality control procedures by building proper processes and this involves training, enhancing employee guides and resources and regularly discussing the new standards and expectations.
● Pioneered a good documentation in sampling of material to finished products
● Followed up on Corrective action of deviation and verification on products
● Ensured proper documentation and verification of compliance of process and products
● Spearheaded food handlers test as required by regulatory agencies
● Performed sensory evaluation on all finished products
● New Product Development from idea generation to product launch.
● Improved on-line GMP by ensuring employees adhered to the standards of producing quality food from PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), through labeling and final storage).
● Improved sanitation product control results process, storage, warehousing condition and handling processes.
Quality Assurance Technician October 2018 – Till Date Backerhaus Veit,
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Regulatory Affairs Officer 2014 – 2017
Oriental Food Industry. Nigeria
Quality Assurance Officer 2007 – 2014
Lisabi Mills Ltd. Nigeria
The Salvation Army Food Bank June 2018
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
GMP and HACCP Certification Program – Ontario College of Technology Dec 2018 - April 2019 Food Handlers Certificate Program – Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical School Toronto 2018 Higher National Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology Yaba College of Technology (Microbiology) 2000 National Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology, Yaba College of Technology 1995
● FSMS (PECB) Canada. Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer 29 August2 September 2016.
● FSSC 22000 Awareness, Implementation and Internal Auditors Course (SGS) 13th-15th July, 2016
● Developing and Implementing HACCP Plans (USDA) April-May 2014.
● General HSE (ISTI) HSE Competence course - September 2013.