Mehmet Bedir, MSc
Competent professional with good knowledge in management of manufacturing processes, improvement of production lines and designing of new equipment according to the manufacturing requirements for 15 years. Extensive experience in design and manufacturing of machinery, sizing and selecting components and subsystems (pneumatics, bearings, gearboxes, sensors, motors, etc.) and generating technical specifications, fabrication drawings, installation and star-up operations. Improvement productivity in glass reinforced polyester composite processes, product development, and quality management of glass reinforced polyester pipes and fittings, management of piping systems for infrastructure projects. Management of HVAC systems including design, installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, cooling, and refrigeration systems. Design, installation, maintenance, and repair of residential and commercial gas lines
• I worked as a mechanical engineer for manufacturing and installation of a 50mmX4000mm (ThicknessXWidth) steel plate Cold Divide Shear Line (wighed 700 tonns) and Side Trimmer Machine for Erdemir/Erenco Steel Inc. I reviewed and updated/revised the fabrication drawings and managed the manufacturing of more than 1250 mechine parts. I also managed the QC & QA process of cold divide shear line.
• I worked as a technical manager for Granted Projects by Turkish National Research Institute (TUBITAK). I coordinated the drafting and fabrication of 5 specific machines for Flowtech Ltd.
• Designed and manufactured continous filament winding production lines and auxiliary machinary (drafting and fabrication of machine parts, conveyor systems, polyester storage tanks & mixing systems, polyester process pipings and special raw material feeding systems etc.) for fiberglass reinforced polyester (GRP/FRP) pipes and fittings. Started up three GRP/FRP production lines with the following capacities;
Minwinder Line: DN of Ø220-1200 mm, PN of 1-32 bars, SN of 250*-****-***** N/mm
Superwinder Line: DN of Ø300-2400 mm, PN of 1-32 bars, SN of 250*-****-***** N/mm
Ultrawinder Line: DN of Ø800-4200 mm, PN of 1-32 bars, SN of 250*-****-***** N/mm
• Improved the productivity in glass reinforced polyester composite processes, developed product, and ensured sustainable quality of glass reinforced polyester pipes and fittings,
• Completed residential and commercial HVAC contracts according to Tennessee codes including purchase and selecting of parts, equipment, fixtures and installation and started up as a subcontractor.
• Designed, installated, managed maintenance and repair of residential and commercial gas lines
• MSc in computational model for ground coupled space cooling system with an underground energy storage tank
• Led salespersons, tender-contract works, managed the piping systems for infrastructure projects, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and turnkey projects of Akbor Inc.
• Manufactured and planned piping system products for BNCP infrastructure which is the first and the biggest city development project throughout the history of Iraq and middle east.
• Manufactured and planned the GRP pipes and fittings for hydroelectric power plants of Kelag/Kelkos Group which is one of the leading energy service providers in Austria and Kosovo.
• Manufactured and planned the GRP pipes and fittings for Odemiş Beydag Irrigation Project pipes and fittings and implementation as a EPC project in Turkey.
General Manager March 2018 - 2019
FBM Tech LLC Nashville / TN
• Management of HVAC systems including design, installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, cooling, and refrigeration systems
• Purchase and selecting of HVAC units, parts, equipment, fixtures for residential and commercial contracts.
• Design, installation, maintenance, and repair of residential and commercial gas lines General Manager March 2007 - 2017
Akbor Pipe Industry and Trade Inc. Aksaray / Turkey – www.akbor.com.tr
• General management of plant and site application teams
• Manufacturing, quality assurance, control management, laboratory experiments and investigations focusing on manufacturing processes of glass reinforced polyester pipe and fitting products.
• Management of infrastructure site team and applications, EPC and turnkey contracts.
• Led a group of 7 engineers, 110 workers managed a budget of $50 million per year,
• Played a crucial role indeveloping GRP pipe manufacturing lines and related machines design, manufacturing and research with $25 million USD investment cost.
• Ensured the sustainability of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 management and quality systems. Technical Manager July 2013 - July 2016
Flowtech Machinery and Engineering Ltd Aksaray /Turkey - www.flowtechtr.com
• Design and manufacturing of machinery, sizing and selecting components and subsystems (pneumatics, bearings, gearboxes, sensors, motors, etc.) and generating technical specifications and fabrication drawings
• Managed and coordinated product development, cost saving and productivity improvement R&D projects in composite products and processes
• Collaborated closely with other R&D groups, operation, quality and sales departments, consulting firms, universities and customers.
Technical Manager May 2004 - Sep 2007
Erdemir Steel Plant Engineering and Investment Department Erdemir /Turkey - www.erdemirgrubu.com.tr
• Actively involved n the preparation of new investment projects
• Checking program compliance at the field stage in new investments
• Checking construction site and project follow up
• Determining the right investment method for the existing capital
• Carrying out analyzes and investigations
• Sharing situations that may be encountered as profit and loss with the investor. Affiliations
• TMMOB-The Union of Chambers of Turkish Engineers and Architects - Member
• Turkish Glass Reinforcement Ployester (GRP) Pipe Producers Union-Member Education
Msc - Mechanical Engineering (US/Accredited) Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey, 2004 Bsc - Mechanical Engineering (US/Accredited) Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey,1996 EPA Section 608 Certificate
TN General Mechanical Contractor (CMC) Application w/American Contractors/ Continuing. Language
English: Fluent Turkish: Native Kurdish: Native
Computer and Database Skills
• AutoCad, Solid Works
• MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, MS Project, Visual Basic)