I have completed my Bachelors in Civil Engineering from NED University in December 2013. I am writing to express my strong interest in working as a construction professional. I have worked as a Junior Contracts Engineer at National Engineering Services of Pakistan
(NESPAK) (Pvt) Ltd from August 2017 to April 2019 and have an experience of Construction Contracts (Pre & Post) Management and preparation of related documents. I have also worked as a Planning and Co-ordination engineer at Haris & Co. Engineers from January, 2014 till July, 2017 and have an experience of quantity estimation of civil works, Bid preparation for procurement of civil works, preparation of Bids and cost evaluation, project planning and scheduling. I have work experience in RCC structures including pile foundations, bridges and high rise buildings.
I am enclosing my Curriculum Vitae, which will provide you more information about my qualifications and experience on how I might be an asset to your firm. Looking forward to hearing from you.
B.E. (Civil Engg.)
Page 2 of 6
I am willing to work with a progressive organization continuing my career as a construction professional, using my working knowledge and benefitting the company by providing quality work performance.
I have experience in construction contracts management and preparation of related documents. I also have in hand experience of quantity estimation of civil works, Bid preparation for procurement of civil works, preparation of Bids and cost evaluation, project planning and scheduling. I have work experience in RCC structures including pile foundations, bridges and high rise buildings.
TOTAL WORK EXPERIENCE 5+ YEARS
Preparation of construction related bidding documents including conditions of Contract, bill of quantities, and technical specifications in compliance with PEC/SPPRA, FIDIC & PEC.
Preparation of Pre-qualification documents of various in compliance with PEC/SPPRA, FIDIC & PEC.
Preparation of evaluation reports (technical) based on criteria set in pre-qualification requirement.
Preparation of bid evaluation reports (financial) following bidders’ submissions and comparison with respect to engineer estimates.
Preparation of engineer estimates to be presented to the Employer.
Coordination with various sections and generating departmental memos.
Preparation of consultancy agreements.
Reviewing measurements/quantity takeoff as done by support staff (Quantity surveyor)
Preparation of notices for inviting Tenders and Pre-qualification of Contractors.
Preparation of Letter of Award, Contract Agreement and Notice to Commence. CAREER:
NESPAK (PVT) LTD 1 year 8 months
Page 3 of 6
LIST OF PROJECTS:
1. KARACHI FISH HARBOUR AUTHORITY
Rehabilitation and Renovation of Karachi Fish Harbor – External Services (Part -1) Package “A”
– Civil Works
2. KARACHI SHIPYARD AND ENGINEERING WORKS (KS & EW)
- Project 313
- Package – III: Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Luffing Cranes 3. LITE DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT COMPANY
Improvement / Rehabilitation of three main Roads including Construction of Drain Channel in Landhi Industrial Area, Landhi Town, Karachi.
4. KARACHI CIRCULAR RAILWAY
- Revival of Karachi Circular Railway (KCR)
- Construction of Boundary Fencing Along Existing Alignment of Karachi Circular Railway 5. GULSHAN –E- BENAZIR TOWNSHIP SCHEME
Package – I: Sewerage System and Boundary Wall
Preparation of Variation Orders for ongoing projects.
Correspondence of letters related to Engineer Instructions required to allow variations in the project as per contract.
Preparation of Appropriation Request in continuation to variation orders.
Reviewing Rate Analyses of extra/additional items as per contract.
Correspondence in resolving payment issues raised by the contractor as per contract.
Preparing Completion and Performance Certificates for smaller projects.
Preparation of Taking over Certificates and Defect Liability Certificates.
Correspondence in Amendments to the contract (Consultancy Agreements and Contract Documents)
Preparation of responses to different contractual queries and issues from client & contractors under supervision of General Manager Contracts. LIST OF PROJECTS:
6. BUS RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM (BRTS)“ORANGE LINE”INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE-I: FROM TOWN MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION (TMA) ORANGI TOWN TO BACHA KHAN FLYOVER AT BANARAS
7. BUS RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM (BRTS)“ORANGE LINE”INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE-II: FROM BACHA KHAN FLYOVER AT BANARAS TO
JINNAH UNIVERSITY FOR WOMEN
8. PAKISTAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
Expansion & Renovation of Bacha Khan International Airport, Peshawar 9. CONSTRUCTION OF SIALKOT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Page 4 of 6
Reviewing & Analyzing Drawings & Specifications and making technical queries if any.
Preparation of shop drawings and construction methodologies.
Preparation of working pattern and approach before start of project and calculating all kinds of resources required for execution.
Collection and preparation of Weekly and Monthly Progress reports from all projects in hand, highlighting the issues and coordinating with higher management to resolve them.
Coordination with project managers and site engineers. Planning & Cost Engineer
Haris & co. Engineers & Contractors, Karachi (JV with Total Construction)
Analyzing tender documents and making financial and technical queries.
Going through Conditions of Contract thoroughly in the light of FIDIC.
Preparation of financial and technical bid proposal for Tenders including Rate Analysis, Proposed Work Schedule, Mobilization Plan, Construction Methodology, List of Proposed Equipment and Manpower, Organization chart, Estimated Payment Schedule
& List of Subcontractors.
Preparation of cost estimates and bill of quantities.
Collection of market rates for different items to use in tender through coordination with procurement department.
Creating proposals using value engineering if applicable.
Preparation and verification of Interim Payment Certificates. (Running Bills as per site)
Giving support to site staff by maintaining Project schedule on Microsoft Project, attending meetings, coordinating with architect, project management team/ consultants and client when needed.
Preparation of pile methodology and pile load test reports. Coordination Engineer
Page 5 of 6
LIST OF PROJECTS:
1) CONSTRUCTION OF NEW SURGICAL ONCOLOGY COMPLEX AT JPMC, KARACHI The project includes construction of new surgical oncology complex including a ground + 5 stories building of 220,000 Sft Area. The project cost is PKR 1.5 Billion under the consultancy of NESPAK and AAA Partnership.
2) CONSTRUCTION OF WAREHOUSE AND OFFICE BUILDING FOR TAPAL TEA PVT. LTD. The project comprises of a warehouse and office building at Korangi Industrial Area Karachi under the consultancy of Consult-tech International. 3) SHORING, PILING & PILE TESTING WORKS FOR CHAPAL SKYMARK The project comprised of casting n of 155 nos. tangent piles, 235 nos. working piles and 2 Nos. static pile load tests of 1260 tons each at Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed road, Karachi under the consultancy of TOP Engineering.
4) CONSTRUCTION OF COTTON GODOWNS FOR FRIENDSHIP TEXTILE MILLS The project comprised of construction of 21 Nos. Cotton go downs at Northern Bypass, Karachi under the consultancy of AA Associates.
5) CONSTRUCTION OF INSTITUTE AND REGIONAL OFFICE BUILDING FOR AL-HUDA INTERNATIONAL
The project comprised of construction institute and regional office buildings for Al-Huda International at D.H.A., Karachi under the consultancy of AA Associates. 6) CONSTRUCTION OF UTILITY BUILDING AND OTHER WORKS AT SPECTRUM PACKAGING PVT. LTD.
The project comprised a ground + 3 utility building and extension of a floor at existing building with storage facilities under the consultancy of Fida Hussain Architects. 7) CONSTRUCTION OF MULTI-STORY BUILDINGS AT PLOT NO. GC-1, BLOCK-V, CLIFTON, KARACHI The project comprised of construction of multi-story residential buildings including 5 Towers of ground+17 storeys, the project including piling works and construction of all buildings with civil and ID works.
8) CONSTRUCTION OF MULTI-STORY BUILDING AT PLOT NO. CL-2, CIVIL LINES, KARACHI The project comprised of construction of multi-story residential building (ground+17), the project is currently in progress at Civil Lines Quarters, Karachi under the consultancy of Abdul Razzak Associates.
9) CONSTRUCTION OF WAREHOUSE AT ATCO LABORATIES, S.I.T.E, KARACHI The project comprises of a warehouse and office building at Site Area Karachi under the consultancy of Abdullah Associates & AAA Partnership. 10) RETROFFITING WORKS AT AVARI HOTEL, KARACHI
The project comprises of a Seismic Retrofitting works at Avari Hotel, Karachi under the consultancy of Mushtaq & Bilal and AAA Partnership. Page 6 of 6
11) THE INDUS HOSPITAL (CORE & SHELL), KARACHI
The project comprises of Grey structure of Hospital Block (G+12) at The Indus Hospital, Karachi under the consultancy of AAA Partnership and Costveyors. The project cost is around PKR 2 Billion and total covered area is around 890,000 sft. 12) GRID STATIONS TP-1000 K Electric, KARACHI
The project comprises of 4 Grid stations at various locations under the supervision of Siemens, Pakistan being the main contractors and K Electric being the client. The project cost is around PKR 350 Million.
SOFTWARE & COMPUTER SKILLS
Competent in using MS office, MS project, Primavera & Auto Cad. WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
Preparation of perfect bidding documents by Institute of Tender Management
EPC Contract Documents by Emaar
Preparation of Feasibility Report (In house training)
SSPRA and PPRA (In house training)
Degree Institution Year of Passing
NED University Of Engineering and
DA Degree College for Women, Phase
O Level The City School 2007