Versatile and integrity-rooted professional, with a Master’s degree and a continuous willingness to learn. Equipped with a diverse combination of skills, knowledge and perspective, in addition to a strong track record of academic excellence. Organized and analytical resource, eager to take on new challenges alongside like-minded professionals.
• Continuous Learning
• Analytical Decision Making
• Research & Study
• Verbal & Written Correspondence
• Counselling & Client Care
• Communications Theory
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Community Involvement
• Attention to Detail
Education & Academic Achievements
Master of Arts (MA) in Communication and Culture Graduated Oct 2018 York University, Keele Campus
Explored the theoretical and social implications of communication and culture, in relation to the world’s prevailing societal, political and economic issues. Delved into three distinct areas of focus: Media & Culture; Politics & Policy; and Technology in Practice. Notably earned the York University Graduate Fellowship award for overall academic excellence. Notable Courses: Information and Technology Media, Culture and Society Canadian Democracy in the North American Context Human Rights and Global Economy Computers, Information and Society Key Learning Outcomes
• Communication and Culture – An Interdisciplinary Approach: Delved into the three main focal points of the program, resulting in a strong grasp of the critical, theoretical and practical aspects of communication and culture.
• Research Methodologies: Gained experience with a wide range of research methods and approaches, including research design
(qualitative and quantitative), survey research, content analysis, textual analysis, discourse analysis, historiography, legal and documentary research, ethnographic techniques, cultural studies approaches, and others. Completed substantial research and met high-level expectations for projects including:
• Master’s Research Paper: Explored the growing implications and historic impact of surveillance in society, including recent widening of the imbalance of power between the average citizen and institutions (government and corporate) on the subject of surveillance (‘veillance’ power gap), as driven by the advent of social media and other digital technologies.
• Public Service Broadcasting in the Digital Age: Created and presented a compelling argumentative essay on the importance of public service broadcasters (PSBs) in a digital era. Delved into the historic value of PSBs and their inherent importance to democracy in the current media climate.
• Actors’ Work in Intercultural Exchange: Gained and expressed a nuanced understanding of intercultural exchange, through an exploration of the cultural influence of theatre actors and their involvement in spreading social and artistic ideas across political borders. Presented case studies and a history of political progression, reflecting the reality of artistic appropriation.
• Nuit Blanche Controversy: Explored the social conflict and controversy stemming from the 2015 Nuit Blanche event in Toronto, with notable attention to an unauthorized performance entitled “FREE BRAINWASH!” presented by Istvan Kantor, the de facto leader of the Neoist art movement.
Honours Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Communication Studies (Summa cum Laude) Graduation 2016 York University, Keele Campus
Completed an intensive double major consisting of research and practical learning on the subjects of:
• Political Science: Earned a comprehensive understanding of critical issues facing the world and the political context in which they exist while acquiring in-demand analytical and communications skills.
• Communication Studies: Exploration of how people gather, share, and use information, bringing together elements of the social sciences and the humanities, with central focus on the study of humans' communicative capacities. Laurence Price 647-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Earned notable academic awards, including:
• Invitee to the Dean’s Circle of Student Scholars
• Political Science Certificate of Achievement
• Golden Key International Honours Society
• York University Chancellor Bennet Undergraduate Scholarship for Liberal Arts Competent Communicator Certificate 2015
Earned a certificate acknowledging growth as a communicator, after completing coursework, attending workshops and delivering numerous speeches on various subjects.
General Arts Certificate 2013
Seneca College – Toronto, ON
Completed a one-year certificate program providing general education and the opportunity to explore and earn credit towards other college programs.
Relevant & Noteworthy Experience
Co-Facilitator, Toronto Shyness and Social Anxiety Support Group 2016 – Present The 519 – Toronto, ON
• Support the Facilitator in conducting group sessions for attendees facing varying levels of social anxiety. Retain the trust and confidence of the Facilitator to ensure all attendees receive genuine advice and guidance.
• Provide inclusive and genuine counselling to individuals, reflecting a strong aptitude for active listening and communication on sensitive subjects. Maintain a constructive and knowledgeable approach to all one-on-one engagement.
• Conduct group presentations and activities alongside the Facilitator, to share knowledge and insight in a manner suited to a diverse audience. Apply skills earned and practiced from a Toastmasters certificate program.
• Maintain an open minded and inclusive style of co-facilitation, acknowledging each attendee as a unique and important part of the group and society as a whole.
Volunteer Fundraiser 2015 – 2016
Heart and Stroke Foundation – Toronto, ON
• Invested time and energy into collecting funds to support this organization’s charitable cause. Participated in numerous fulfilling and memorable events.
Volunteer 2015 & 2016
Epilepsy Ontario – Toronto, ON
• Contributed to the setup of a central resource library for this organization, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure the success of this new online epilepsy resource.
Administrative Assistant / Data Entry Specialist 2010 – 2012 ESBE Scientific – Toronto, ON
• Supported the operations of this laboratory equipment supplier through multi-faceted administrative contributions. Demonstrated a commitment to accuracy, timeliness and reliability in all duties.
• Managed and input data into internal systems, reflecting strong attention to detail and an efficient approach to interpreting information.
• Demonstrated professionalism and an organized mindset when supporting other team members in an office environment.
• Performed additional administrative duties including (but not limited to) filing, database management, information analysis, and other duties as assigned.
Microsoft Office Suite