I am a dedicated individual looking for the ability to grow and contribute in a rewarding profession. The diversity in my work experience has given me a great skill set to help me accomplish any tasks that I will be given. Two semesters of research, two semesters of undergraduate thesis work, and one semester interning has given me the drive to succeed. Growing up on a farm has instilled a rigorous work ethic that sets me apart from other applicants. I have always gone above and beyond what is asked of me by taking initiative and exceeding the expectations of the tasks given to me. Thank you for your time and consideration during this interview process.
Bachelor of Science/ Earth Science
Ohio State University- Columbus, OH
EHS and Raw Materials Regulatory Coordinator, March 2019 to June 2019 Pace Analytical (contract position- 40 hrs per week) (Sherwin Williams – Cleveland, OH)
• Data Entry/Input information from vendor SDSs into a hazard communication database
• Review global chemical regulations and determine their application for various products
• Search for Safety Data Sheets of raw materials
• Fill in missing or incorrect information in the SDSs
• Contact superiors regarding wrong information I have found within the database to help ensure correctness of data
Science Intern, 08/2018 to 12/2018 (16 hrs per week) Reef Systems Coral Farm Inc. – New Albany, OH
• Ensured that water chemistry such as alkalinity, calcium, specific gravity, and temperature were adequate in each aquarium system.
• Performed daily calcium and alkalinity titrations.
• Created protocols for future interns to use.
• Rid systems of pests such as Hydroids (type of colonial jellyfish) and Aiptasia (type of live rock anemone).
• Kept tanks clean from cross contamination.
• Helped assists customers with problems they were having in their tanks at home.
• Cleared tanks of different types of algae such as bubble, hair, Coralline, and feather.
• Completed weekly water changes to ensure that no spikes in nitrite, nitrates, or ammonia occurred.
• Organized corals in an efficient and safe manner. Cashier Sales Associate, 11/2016 to 01/2017 (18 hrs per week) Kohls – Sandusky, OH
• Learned fast and efficiently in the seasonal setting. Interacted with customers and resolved customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Ensured compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
• Entered all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases were accurately recorded.
• Ensured that the cash drawer was in compliance with overage and shortage standards and handled
all assigned change funds and cash receipts.
• Performed sales transactions in a timely fashion.
• Collaborated with team members in customer service, check out, stock control and overall store
• Welcomed and greeted customers and offered friendly, knowledgeable assistance.
Small Appliance Sales Person, 05/2016 to 01/2017 (30-45 hrs per week) ABC Warehouse – Sandusky, OH
• Doubled as an office administrator and small appliance sales person.
• Analyzed departmental documents for appropriate distribution and filing.
• Responded to customer requests via telephone and email.
• Copied, logged and scanned supporting documentation.
• Entered details such as payments, account information and call logs into the computer system.
• Managed stock, conducted daily inventories, and operated cash register.
• Ran credit approvals, scheduled delivery times, transferred calls, accepted credit card payments.
Member, American Association of Petroleum Geologists, 2018