Sreeja S, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Chinmayam, TC **/162 (c-62 1), Kizhakuvila Lane, Sri chitra nagar, Pangodu, Thirumala P.O., Trivandrum, Kerala - 695006
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. Ph.D. (Biochemistry) graduate from Annamalai University having experience in research
(7 years) and teaching (4 years) profession. Qualified TNSET-2016, State eligibility test for Lectureship in the subject Life Sciences conducted by Tamil Nadu Govt. INDIA. Have collaborative and interpersonal skills with proficiency in grasping new technical concepts quickly and utilizing them in an effective manner. My interest is to work in a challenging environment and will bring out best in me by working with experts in that field, preferably in life science research sector.
June 2016–Apr. 2019: Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Chemistry and Biosciences, Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, SASTRA Deemed University, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
- Handled U.G and P.G. classes (Theory and Practical; Guided 5 M.Sc., Projects)
July 2014-Dec. 2014: Medical writer in M.V.Hospital for Diabetes and Prof. M. Viswanathan Diabetes Research Centre, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
- Writing scientific documents for publications like journal manuscripts and abstracts and content for health-related magazines or news articles, documenting research activities and preparing data presentations for CME and medical conferences. Dec. 2009-Mar. 2011: Lecturer in the P.G. Dept of Biochemistry, Bharathi Women’s College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
- Handled theory and practical classes for UG students. Ph. D. :
“A comparative study on the effects of casein, egg albumin and soy protein on insulin resistance induced in rats fed fructose as the source of carbohydrate” under the guidance of
Dr. (Mrs.) C.V. Anuradha, Professor in Department of Biochemistry and SUMMARY
Experimental animal models and handling: Efficient in handling rodents and maintenance of mice and rats for more than 3 years. Tissue collection and minor surgical procedures.
Laboratory skills and techniques: Have hands-on experience in the techniques TLC, paper chromatography, immunological tests, immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, agarose gel electrophoresis, real time PCR and reverse transcriptase PCR. Have experience in performing microbiological techniques like media preparation, culture techniques and staining methods.
Bioinformatics: Have experience in Primer designing and performing homology search analysis.
Other skills: Good command of basic computer programs - MS-office and internet explorer. Knowledge of densitometry tools and statistical software like Image J software, Graphpad Prism and SPSS version 16.0.
1. Sreeja S, Yogalakshmi B, Geetha R, Radika MK, Bhavani K, Anuradha CV. Dietary proteins differentially influence adipokines and insulin sensitivity in high fructose-fed rats. Mediterranean Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2014; 7(2): 119-132. DOI:10.3233/MNM-140012.
2. Sreeja S, Geetha R, Priyadarshini E, Bhavani K, Anuradha CV. Substitution of soy protein for casein prevents oxidative modification and inflammatory response induced in rats fed high fructose diet. ISRN Inflammation. Volume 2014, Article ID 641096, 8 pages. 3. Yogalakshmi B, Sreeja S, Geetha R, Radika M.K, Anuradha CV. Grape seed proanthocyanidin rescues rats from steatosis - A comparative and combination study with metformin. Journal of Lipids. 2013. Volume 2013. Article ID 153897, 11 Pages. Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA Research Assistant :
(June 2011-May 2013)
An ICMR sponsored Adhoc project - “Differential effects of soyprotein, casein and egg albumin on insulin sensitivity: a study on adipocyte secretory profile and inflammatory pathways in fructose-fed insulin resistant rats” in Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA. M. Phil. :
Dissertation entitled ”Bioprotective efficacy of seed extracts of Swietenia mahagony on erythrocytes” under the guidance of Dr. (Mrs.) M. Revathi, Reader, Former H.O.D. in PG Dept of Biochemistry, Bharathi Womens College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA. LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
4. Geetha R, Yogalakshmi B, Sreeja S, Bhavani K, Anuradha CV. Troxerutin suppresses lipid abnormalities in the heart of high-fat–high-fructose diet-fed mice. Molecular Cellular Biochemistry. 2014; 387 (1-2): 123-34.
5. Yogalakshmi B, Bhuvaneswari S, Sreeja S, Anuradha CV. Grape seed proanthocyanidins and metformin act by different mechanisms to promote insulin signaling in rats fed high calorie diet. Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling. 2014; 8(1): 13-22. 6. Bhuvaneswari S, Yogalakshmi B, Sreeja S, Anuradha CV. Astaxanthin reduces hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress and nuclear factor-κB-mediated inflammation in high fructose and high fat diet-fed mice. Cell Stress Chaperones, 2014; 19(2): 183-91. 7. Priya Govindarajan, Ravichandran KS, Sundararajan S, Sreeja S, “Impact Of Modifiable And Non-Modifiable Risk Factors On The Prediction Of Stroke Disease.” International Conference on Trends in Electronics and Informatics (ICEI 2017). 2017; 985-989. 8. Kalpana Kalaivanan, Priyadarshini Emayavaramban, Sreeja S, Jagan Kalivarathan, Anuradha Carani Venkataraman. Scopoletin intervention in pancreatic endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by lipotoxicity. Cell stress chaperone. 2018. doi: 10.1007/s12192-018-0893-2.
- Recombinant DNA Techniques & Protein Over expression in Madras Biotech, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
- Bioinformatics in Anna University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Ph.D., (Biochemistry) from Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, INDIA in 2015.
M.Phil., (Biochemistry) from Bharathi Womens College (Affiliated to University of Madras), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA in 2010 with 60%.
M.Sc., (Biochemistry) from Meenakshi College for Women (Affiliated to University of Madras), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA in 2008 with 70%.
B.Sc., (Biochemistry) from Jaya College of Arts and Science (Affiliated to University of Madras), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA in 2006 with 80%. International:
1. Dietary proteins and their impact on lipid metabolism. Sreeja S and CV Anuradha. International Conference on phytochemicals in Health and Disease: Challenges and future Opportunities (ICPHD)-2013 organized by Dept of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
2. Differential effects of dietary proteins on insulin resistance. Sreeja S and CV Anuradha. ISARCON-2012 organized by Dept of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
3. Recuperative effects of Vitex negundo leaf extract against methimazole induced hypothyroidism in albino Wistar rats. Sreeja S and Dineshkumar. International conference on interdisciplinary interaction on non-communicable diseases (NCD-2017), organized by Dept of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, INDIA. 4. Participated in the International Conference on nutraceuticals – concepts & applications in diseases (ICNCAD-2018) organized by Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, 2018. National:
1. Divergent effects of dietary proteins on inflammatory signals in high fructose fed insulin resistant rats. Sreeja S and CV Anuradha. National conference on Dietary interventions and signaling cascades in health and diseases, organized by Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, 2014. 1. A two day National level Workshop on Forensic Science, conducted by Dept. of Chemistry and Bioscience, SRC, Sastra University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA (29th &30th March 2017)
1. Participated in UGC-Sponsored Academy-Industry Meet on Trends in Medical Biotechnology: Opportunities & Challenges (TMBT-2014) conducted by Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA 2. Participated in AYUSH, MoES & UGC sponsored National workshop on Academy-Industry meet to upgrade herbal medicine-2011 conducted by Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA 3. Participated in State Level Workshop on Research Methods and Academic Writing (2017) conducted by Department of English, Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, SASTRA University, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Member in the Society of Biological chemists (I), Annamalai Nagar chapter. WORKSHOP ATTENDED
1. Dr. C.V. Anuradha, Professor and Head, Dept. of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar– 608 002, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India. Mob:+91-948*******; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Dr. R. Sivakumar, Professor and Head, Dept. of Chemistry and Biosciences, Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, SASTRA University, Kumbakonam – 612 001, Tamil Nadu, India. Mob: +91-975*******; Email: email@example.com
3. Dr. N. Meenakshi, Associate Professor, P.G. Dept. of Biochemistry, Bharathi Womens College, Chennai-600108, Tamil Nadu, India.
Mob: +91-984*******; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent address :
W/O Arun Mahadevan,
Mangalathara House, Padaharam East, Thakazhy P.O. Alleppey District, Kerala - 688562
I hereby declare that all the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Place: Kerala, INDIA S. SREEJA
Date of Birth : 12/05/1986 :12-05-1986
Languages known : English, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam Passport No. : R0846425