949-***-**** (C) firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
• Award-winning Project Manager with strong technical, cost analysis and problem-solving skills. Proven track record of completing the following types of projects: education, industrial, commercial, restaurant, multi-family, aerospace, government, office, military, solar, big box and public works. Highly skilled in delivering projects on schedule and within budget that meet safety as well as environmental standards. Received Construction Directors Award of Excellence. Proficient in Microsoft Project, Timberline, Expedition, Prolog, Word, Excel and Outlook. Core Knowledge & Skill Areas:
Staff Management Project/Program Management Consulting
Multiple DSA Experiences Design/Build Contract Negotiation
Cost Management Estimating Bidding
CBRE HEERY, Seattle, WA 2018- Present
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager on multiple King County Municipal Facility Projects (JOC) that included design management, estimating and permitting. Also, SPM on Interbay Transit Hub Project including site demolition, design of new 8 bay Transit Hub for new Expedia campus, permitting, bidding and contracting. Construction is underway. Managed two CBRE TI Projects. CFW INC., Oxnard, CA 2016-2018
Implementation Program Manager assisting two school districts with the management of their bond construction programs totaling $668 Million. Co-managed as Owner’s Representative making recommendations on Design Management, DSA Permitting and local permitting, Pre-Qualification and Selection of Consultants and Lease/Lease Back Contractors and managing the associated Contracts, Change Orders, Schedule and Construction of four projects.
• Gained good understanding of local bond funding and matching State Aid Programs. LUMINORA CORPORATION, Newport Beach, CA 2008-2016
Started new business at the request of national solar organization to provide consulting services for construction of a 0.8 Mega Watt solar facility. Aided with design development as well as selection of local Engineers. Managed the bid process and assisted with subcontract negotiations and execution. Subsequently consulted on the development of two utility scale solar projects with similar scopes of work. Also, consulted with CM Organization to clean up 70+ latent Change Orders and managed TI work, Corporate Office Remodel and Cooler Addition for various organizations.
• A Senior Manager able to assume many different roles to assist organizations to succeed. CHEVRON ENERGY SOLUTIONS (CES), Brea, CA 2009-2011 Senior Project Manager
Manage 4-6 Project Managers at CES. Responsibilities included projects with total value of $94 Million. CES did Design/Build Solar, Renewable Projects and DSM (Demand Side Management). The team closed out approximately $60 Million in PV Projects for Los Angeles Community College District which was basically 5 + Mega Watts of PV and an Infrastructure Project at Los Angeles City College. MARLENE HICKLE Page Two
• Managed several projects including heavy legal contract negotiations and oversaw delivery on time, in budget and with high customer satisfaction despite many other challenges. PARSONS, San Diego, CA 2006-2007
Served as Construction Manager on the first two projects for the San Diego Community College District Proposition “S” Bond Program, collaborating with the district to develop the construction standards that would be used throughout the Proposition “S” and “N” projects with a combined value of more than $1.5 Billion. Participated on a team of various organizations working together to develop the LEED Program
(Green Building). Co-managed the General Contractor Pre-Qualification Program and aided with the Citizens Oversight Committee meetings. Instituted budgets for the fixtures, furniture and equipment work.
• Successfully renovated existing parking structure into classrooms and administration facility. ROEL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Irvine, CA 2004
Led major site work project with large shoring walls and extensive export for general contractor for an owner, the City of Calabasas, the complete design team, the tenant, and multiple subcontractors/vendors.
• Played key role in saving project from collapse due to unforeseen abandoned oil well which was not identified during the owner due diligence process. Collaborated with state agency to locate and re-abandon well located under building.
THE HASKELL COMPANY, Jacksonville, FL 1999-2003
Oversaw design/build construction operations on four education projects, including Pre-K, K-5, Middle School and High School/University Center. Project Manager on two turnkey projects, including financing, design, permitting, construction and furnishings. Aided with design coordination, estimating and negotiating contracts with owners/school districts and bidding project/negotiating subcontract agreements. Directed self-perform crews that performed all concrete work and fabricated all steel for tilt- up concrete buildings.
• Constructed a Pre-K and K-5 school using generators and cell phones until the utilities could be built and extending some of the infrastructure seven miles from existing facilities. SUMMIT CONTRACTORS, INC., Jacksonville, FL 1995-1999 Project Manager
Directed six multi-family projects ranging from tax credit to high end complexes with a total of 886 units in four states. Performed estimating, permitting, subcontracting, scheduling, material procurement, project coordination, quality assurance and project close-out.
• Recognized undesirable soil conditions and advised management not to enter into contract in case where owner required company to accept responsibility. The contract was modified. MCDONALD’S CORPORATION, Irvine, TX 1993-1995
Owner’s representative for company on 13 new McDonald’s restaurants. Performed site investigations, estimating and collaborating with Real Estate Division to establish development costs and feasibility. Coordinated with municipal agencies and bid project to general contractors, evaluated bids, negotiated and awarded contracts. Supervised general contractor as well as subcontractors, vendors, and franchisee hired organizations. Oversaw schedule, quality assurance and project turnover.
• Received Construction Directors Award of Excellence for cultivating positive working relationships internally and with franchisees.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Seattle University, Seattle, WA Effective Negotiating, I & II, Supervisors Training OSHA 30 Hour, First Aid, CPR, AED Ongoing CBRE Training
Class B General Contractors License – State of California Building Contractors License – State of Florida