Decisive Engineering Manager highly effective at operating in dynamic, high-pressure environments. Successfully handle multiple simultaneous responsibilities while exceeding objectives and satisfying tough clients. Seasoned Engineering Manager adept at seamlessly integrating project technical aspects and making information relatable to non-technical personnel. Experienced leader. Clear communicator, decision maker and problem solver. Manufacturing Engineer with over 14 years of diversified design, manufacturing and operations management skill set experience in a high and low volume production environment. Extensive background in Manufacturing engineering. Aggressive at identifying and resolving inefficient procedures and processes. Energetic Engineer enthusiastic about developing a deeper understanding of engineering design and leadership. Natural leader and networker with hardworking, resourceful and competitive nature. Proficient in lean and continuous improvement processes for optimizing manufacturing operations. Capable of leading projects and teams dedicated to reducing costs, increasing efficiency and improving quality. ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Developed the strategic framework for Manufacturing and led the team in delivering on productivity savings and complexity reduction in excess of 7% annually over 3 years. Identified key metrics to drive continuous improvement. Improved on time delivery from 64% in October 2012 to 91% January 2015. Led cross functional teams to develop process improvement plans including redesigning the repair process through operations and level 1, 2 and, 3 documentation for IPC-610 /J-STD-001. ISO 9001:2008 & AS9100, Rev C. certification. Managed and instituted thorough safety procedures resulting in a Lost-time-injury of 0.17% in safety performance. Managed 3 supervisors 5 Engineers and 31+ direct employees in two-shift production operation. WORK EXPERIENCE
NORTH ATLANTIC INDUSTRIES – Bohemia, NY
Manufacturing Engineering Manager 3/2012 - Present
• Management of Manufacturing Engineering, Machine Shop, Production Floor and Facilities.
• Established processes, improving On-Time Delivery performance from 64% to 97% and achieving $5M monthly shipping goal.
• Fabricate method sheets to support Electronic Box Build/CCA assemblies, ruggedization process of Cleaning, Staking, Underfilling and Conformal coating. Create, apply work instructions and provide technical direction / training for the factory floor
• Continuous review and “make/buy” analysis of sustaining product.
• Manage High mix electronic Box Build Assembly for military and government systems.
• Initiate production NPI team; reduced NPI time by 37% and improved pilot production run into shipment quality level within 2 months.
• Manage the execution of the MRP plan to ensure cost, quality and schedule requirements.
• Direct a technical team to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate solutions for manufacturing problems encountered in manufacturing methods, facilities, and processes. Participant of site corrective action board as a key member in customer escape and non-conformance investigations.
• Implemented a safety program that celebrated 3 years without a lost time accident March 2015
• Established an employee capability matrix and provided cross functional training.
• Manage ISO9001 compliant inspections as needed.
FREDDIE MAC/DRYIS CONSULTING - McLean, VA
Information Security Process Analyst 8/2011 – 3/2012 Joseph Tuccio
BETATRONIX, LLC – Hauppauge, New York
Director of Operations 6/2009 - 3/2011
• Provided management of Manufacturing Department, Procurement Department, Testing Department, and Building Maintenance. Interfaced with Customers, Business Development, and Engineering on all new products.
• Set up and held multiple Kaizen events to remove waste out of process. Increasing EBIT 600K in year 2010.
• Implemented quick change tooling to reduce product cycle time and build quality and repeatability into the process and products.
• Improved In house fabrication technology by the utilization of a Digital Master and Laser Trimmer.
• Developed excel analytics to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Interfaced with customers to support design change into the travelers and drawings.
• Implemented a Certified Operators Program to include all training and support to reduce production labor cost. B/E AEROSPACE, INC - Holbrook, New York
Operations Manager 3/2001 – 06/2009
• Provided management of the LED Lighting Production and Test Departments achieving 100% ISO 9001 compliance.
• Collaborated with engineering to ensure capital expenditures and labor were adequately allocated and cost effective to support new product launches. Provided test procedures, fixtures, and training support for suppliers and production team.
• Established two Greenbelt exercises to reduce cost and to improve efficiencies/processes within the return/repair department. Managed and employed these LSS methods (Lean Manufacturing, & Six Sigma) to improve and maintain productivity and quality improvement processes resulting in a $1.5 million annual savings. SYMBOL TECHNOLOGIES, INC – Holtsville, New York
Manufacturing Engineer 10/1999 – 3/2001
• Interface with all disciplines of engineering to ensure the implementation of continuous improvement strategies.
• Developed final assembly test procedures and assembly instructions.
• Designed new cell layouts to support new products in a Continuous Flow Manufacturing environment. EDUCATION
Long Island University, Brookville, NY - MBA Business studies, C.W. Post Campus College of Management The State of New York, Albany, NY - BS Manufacturing Engineering, Minor Physics Island Drafting and Technical Institute; Amityville, New York – Certificate Mechanical Drafting & Auto CAD American Flyers, Ronkonkoma, New York - Licenses: Commercial Pilot, Instrument Pilot, Ground Instructor Airplane REFERENCES will be furnished upon request