University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT Aug 2017 – May 2019 Master of Science in Technology Management Concentrating in Manufacturing Management University of Pune, Pune, India Jun 2014 – Jun 2017 Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
Manufacturing: Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kanban, TPM, GD&T, Conformance to Operational Standards, Visual Control and Management, Warehouse Optimization, Inventory Management, Facilities and Layout Design, hands-on experience on sheet-metal operation, turning, milling, hobbing, welding, sheering, grinding, etc. Physical material testing, non-destructive and periodic destructive testing, process improvement. Quality Tools: Conformance to ISO9001:2008 Standards, DMAIC, 8D, PDCA, SMED, FMEA, Gage R&R, 5-Why, 5S, Cause and Effect Analysis, Statistical Quality Control and associated Data Analysis using MS Excel. Software Skills: Product Design using Ansys and Catia, Microsoft Office Suit. Certifications: Six Sigma Green Belt, Process Improvement, OSHA 30 Hours safety, Introduction to Injection Molding.
Manufacturing Engineer – Pegatron Corp, Elk Grove, CA, USA Aug 2019 to Present
• Contribution of Design of the Production Line for New Product Introduction (NPI) phase using Value Stream Mapping as tool and help to Qualify production line for new product introduction (NPI) phase.
• Testing, Validation and Maintenance of electro mechanical Jig’s and Fixtures on the grounds of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to avoid any down time in production.
• Evaluation of Process capability and Limitations of production line and determining possible bottlenecking and providing with corrective and preventive actions
• Developed manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI) line by designing and modifying existing equipment’s to achieve higher productivity using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software’s such as AutoCad and Catia.
• Assistance in production line change and new production line setup from one product to other product using Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) as a tool to reduce change over time.
• Set performance improvement goals/ targets and achieve them. Production Intern – Albea Groupe, Thomaston, CT, USA Jun 2018 to Aug 2018
• Successfully reduced process time of the injection moulding machine by 2.4 seconds using resource optimization.
• Successfully reduced Change Over Time of special purpose assembly machine for production optimization by using Kaizen and Single Minute Exchange of Dies as Techniques by differentiating between internal and external time factors in change over process.
• Conducted Time Study to improve operator productivity with the help of String Diagram optimizing System Capacity and Floor Design.
• Hands on experience on various Plastic Moulding techniques such as injection molding, blow molding, extrusion molding and thermoforming.
• Designed and Developed new training methods for operator on the grounds of Training Within Industry (TWI) and successfully increase productivity of new operators by 8%.
• Also performed other work related duties are assigned. Manufacturing Engineer – S D Engineers, Pune, MH, India Mar 2014 to Aug 2017
• Creation of manufacturing process for automobile press components.
• Inspection of parts with jigs and fixtures to check for tolerance limits, accuracy of holes and bends.
• Periodic inspection activities of machine dies and quality testing and measuring instruments.
• Process Improvement and resource optimization.
• Creation and review of SOP.
• Design of manufacturing floor layouts and Operational flowcharts for Strategic Resource Allocation.
• In-line Manufacturing Associate for manufacturing of mechanical components for automotive applications.
• Training of Operators.
• Fixture Maintenance.
University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
Training Within Industry ( TWI )
• Academic Project Research Report of TWI using Review Centric Research method.
• Future implementation of TWI as a training tool to improve productivity. University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
Warehouse Optimization Project for Aptar Group, Stratford, CT
• Addressing the on-going warehouse management challenges at Aptar using Fuzzy Data Analysis. University of Pune, Pune, MH, Indian
Complete Automation of sliding gate operation.
• Automate the sliding gate using rack and pinion mechanism.
• Powered by AC motor and design of reduction gear box to achieve desired speed. MSBTE, Mumbai, MH, India
Automated Gear Taster with Sinusoidal Wave Form Output
• Modified the Parkinson’s Gear tester to represent the output in sinusoidal waveform.