Dr. Bhushan Khedkar
Diplomate National Board Of Examination ( Orthopaedic Surgery )
Fellow American Board Of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Fellow Endoscopic Spine Surgery ( South Korea )
Academic certifications :
Qualification School Year
Graduation ( MBBS ) Government Medical College, Akola ( Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences, Nashik )
2003 - 2009
DNB ( Orthopaedics ) National Board Of Examinations, Delhi 2011 - 2014 Fellowship In Spine
Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune 2014- 2015
Wooridul Spine Hospital, Seoul, South Korea 2015 - 2016 Fellow American
Board Of Minimally
American Board Of Minimally Invasive Spine
Current Professional Summary :
Working as a consultant endoscopic spine surgeon at Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune. His special expertise is laser assisted endoscopic spine surgery, navigation spine surgery, XMRI guided endoscopic spine surgery, microscopic spine surgery & total disc replacement surgery. His current responsibilities include conducting OPD, surgeries, academic activities and managing casualty.
Area of interest :
Paediatric Spine Surgery.
Spinal Trauma & Navigation surgery.
Infectious disorders of spine.
Degenerative spine disorders.
1. Orthopaedic Resident 2011-14
Swasthiyog Prathishthans Orhtopaedic & Trauma Hospital & Research centre, Miraj, Responsible for managing casualties and emergency trauma surgeries. Providing baseline orthopaedic care to the trauma victims. 2. Fellow Spine Surgery 2014- 15
Deenanath Mangeshkar Superspeciality Hospital & Research Center Pune, Operating and assisting surgeries, attending casualties of spine trauma victims. Organizing patient awareness and free treatment campaigns in Spine surgery. Research and academics in Spine surgery.
3. International Fellow Spine Surgery 2015-16
Woooridul Spine Hospital Seoul, South Korea
Attending OPD, wards and pain clinics.
Conducting conferences and working in practice labs. Operating and assisting in complex Spine surgeries. Active participation in Clinical research and publications. Design and implimentation of clinical research.
Patient recruitment in sample studies.
4. Consultant Spine Surgeon 2016-19
Ruby Hall Clinic, Sassoon Road Pune, Maharashtra.
Professional Affiliations :
1. Indian Medical Council
2. National Academy Of Medical Sciences-New Delhi. 3. Association Spine Surgeons Of India
4. North American Spine Society
5. Asian congress Of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Thesis :
Prospective evaluation of club foot management by ponseti technique. Manuscripts and chapters :
1. Percutaneous transpedicular lumbar Endoscopic discectomy- Technical report. Intl J Spine Surg. 2016, Sep 7.
2. Carbondioxide (CO2) Laser assisted Microscopic Spinal Surgery for ablation of High level Lumbar calcified disc osteophyte Complex - Case Report. IOSR Journal, 2017 Nov. 3. Study On Possibility Of Penetration Injury To Major Neck Vessels ( Jugular VeinStudy On Possibility Of Penetration Injury To Major Neck Vessels ( Jugular Vein & Carotid Artery ) During Cervical Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection: Comparative Study In Patients & Volunteers- in process of publication. 4. Multidetector CT Fluoroscopy Guided Percutaneous Sacroplasty for Treatment Of Sacral Insufficiency Fractures Short Term & Midterm Outcomes Of 30 Cases- in process of publication.
1. Faculty- The 4th Diadactic Course of endoscopic spine procedures, Jan 2016, Pohang Wooridul Hospital, South Korea.
2. Faculty- 5 th Diadactic Course of endoscopic spine procedures, Jan 2016, Pohang Wooridul Hospital, South Korea.
3. Steering Committee member- 5th World congress of minimally invasive spine surgery and techniques ( WCMISST 2016 ), June 2016.
4. Paper presentation- Transpedicular endoscopy- a case report, 15 th annual meeting of Korean minimally invasive spine surgery society, 5th Asian congress of MISS, 2016. 5. Paper presentation- Carbondioxide (CO2) laser assisted microscopic spinal surgery for ablation of high level lumbar calcified disc osteophyte complex - Case Report, WCMISST, June 2016.
6. Set up of virtual practice lab for endoscopic spine surgery at Pohang Wooridul Spine Hospital, South Korea.
Skillls mastered :
1. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Cervical Discectomy. 2. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Cervical Annuloplasty & Nucleoplasty. 3. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy. 4. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Cervical Decompression. 5. Percutaneous Radiofrequency Cervical Rhizotomy. 6. Percutaneous Radiofrequency Cervical Tumor Ablation. 7. Microscope Assisted Transcorporeal Cervical Anterior Foraminotomy. 8. Percutaneous Cervical Epidural Neurolysis.
9. Cervical Total Disc Replacement.
10. Microscopic Laser Assisted Anterior Cervical Discectomy Fusion. 11. Percutaneous Navigation Assisted Transarticular C1-2 fusion. 12. Navigation Assisted C1-2 pedicle screw fusion. 13. Percutaneous Navigation Assisted Odontoid Screw Fixation. 14. Navigation guided subaxial Cervical Pedicle Screw Fusion. 15. Navigation Assisted Cervical Corpectomy Fusion. 16. Navigation Assisted Occiputocervical Fusions.
17. Microscopic Posterior Cervical Muscle Preserving Laminectomy. 18. Microscopic Cervical Tumor Excision.
19. Fluoroscopy Guided Cervical Root Blocks.
20. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Thoracic Discectomy. 21. Percutaneous Radiofrequency Spinal Cord Detethering. 22. Percutaneous Navigation Assisted Dorsal Spine Corpectomy Fusions. 23. Percutaneous Radiofrequency Assisted Tumor Ablation. 24. Percutaneous Endoscopic Dorsal Spine Biopsy & Debridement. 25. XMRI Guided Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy. 26. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy. 27. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Lumbar Annuloplasty- Nucleoplasty. 28. Percutaneous Endoscopy Assisted Lumbar Biopsy & Debridement. 29. Percutaneous Navigation Assisted Lumbar Corpectomy Fusions. 30. Percutaneous Fluoroscopy Guided Kyphoplasty.
31. Percutaneous Fluoroscopy Guided Verebroplasty. 32. Percutaneous Laser Assisted Endoscopic Lumbar Decompression. 33. Microscopic Artificial Lumbar Ligamentoplasty. 34. Lumbar Total Disc Replacements.
35. Percutaneous Trans-sacral Epidural Neurolysis. 36. Percutaneous Radiofrequency Dorsal Root Rhizotomy. 37. Fluorocopy Guided Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Blocks. 38. Microscopic Tumor Excision.
39. Microscopic Tubular Retractor Assisted Discectomy. 40. Microscopic Muscle Preserving Lumbar Laminectomy Decompression. 41.Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
42. Posterior cervical foraminotomy.
43. Microscopic thoracic discectomy.
44. Microscurgery for spinal tumors.
45. Percutaneous spinal fixation.
46. Percutaneous spinal fusion.
47. Lumbar laminectomy decompression.
Personal information :
Age- 34 Y
Date Of Birth- 07-08-1984
Marrital Status- Married
Spouse Name- Dr Mansi Shukla
Spouse Qualification- MBBS, MS, DNB ( Ob/ Gyn )
Spouse working profile- Consultant Gynaecologist
Languages known- English, Hindi, Marathi, Korean.
Residential Address- Vinspa, Flat No- 304 A, Boat Club Road, Sangamwadi, Pune- 411001
Office Address- Department Of Spine Surgery ( Orthopaedics ), Ruby Hall Clinic, 40 Sassoon Road, Pune- 411001, Tel -020-********
Professional website- www.spinespecialistspune.com References :
Referee 1 Referee 2 Referee 3 Referee 4
Employer Educational Educational Educational
Dr. D J
Dr. Amol Rege Dr. Gun Choi
Position Chief Operating
Guide Guide Guide
Ruby Hall Clinic Orthopedic