Resume of S. N. Tripathi
Name: Sachchida Nand Tripathi
Date of Birth: July 24, 1971
Marital Status: Married
Room No.: 314, Faculty Building
Department of Civil Engineering
Primary Email: email@example.com; Alternate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Residence:
House No.: 450, Type IV
Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur
Present Designation: Professor, Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur Positions held
August 2018 onwards Higher Administrative Grade Professor (HAG) Professor, Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur, India June 2018–May 2021 Head, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur, Kanpur, India
Dec 2015 Visiting Professor, School of Civil Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
Nov 2014-Oct 2017 Coordinator, Centre for Environmental Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
Nov 2014-Oct 2016 Adjunct Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
June-July 2014 Visiting Professor, School of Civil Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
May-July 2012 Professor, Laboratoire de Physique etChimie de Environnement, University of Orleans, France.
April 2012-July 2018 Professor, Department of Civil Engineering and Centre for Environmental Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
Aug 2009-July 2010 Senior Fellow, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA.
Jan 2008-Mar 2012 Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering and Centre for Environmental Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
May-July 2006 Visiting Associate Professor, Centre for Climate System Research, The University of Tokyo, Japan.
June 2004 Visiting Researcher, NOAA Aeronomy Laboratory, Boulder, USA. 2
July 2003-Dec 2007 Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
Jan 2002-July 2003 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics, Department of Physics, University of Oxford, UK. Dec 2000-Dec 2001 Visiting Scientist, Environmental Assessment Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India.
Academic Background: Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering), University of Reading, UK (2000) M.Tech. (Environmental Engineering), NIT-Allahabad (1994) B.Tech. (Civil Engineering), IIT-BHU (1992)
Total Citation: >6478, H-Index -41; Google Scholar; Google Scholar: Sachchida Tripathi Total Citation: >4504, H-Index -36; ISI Web of Knowledge: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/J-4840-2016 Total Citation: >4921, H-index -36; Scopus: AUID # 219******** Thesis Supervision
(a) PH.D supervised
Sr.No. Name Year Title/Current Position
10. Manish Joshi 2018 Formation and evolution characteristics of nuclei mode particles in dense atmospheric and confined aerosol environments.
Current position: Scientific Officer ‘E’, BARC, Mumbai 9. Shamjad P.M. 2017 Impact of carbonaceous aerosol absorption and mixing state on direct radiative forcing in Kanpur-India.
Current position: Postdoctoral Fellow, Clean Combustion Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
8. Chandan Sarangi 2017 Understanding aerosol- surface- cloud- rainfall interactions within Indian summer monsoon region.
Current position: Postdoctoral Fellow, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Washington, USA,
7. Abhishek Chakraborty 2016 Fog and organic aerosols interactions: processing, sources, and composition.
Current position: Assistant Professor, Centre for
Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay, Mumbai
6. Deepika Bhattu 2016 Effect of aerosol size, chemical composition, mixing state and volatility on cloud condensation nuclei activity in the ambient atmosphere.
Current position: Postdoctoral Fellow, Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland
5. Chiranjib Chaudhari 2015 Characteristics of historical climate change over Indo- Gangetic basic: Observational analysis and numerical modeling.
Current position: Postdoctoral Researcher, Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario, Canada
4. Daya Shankar Kaul 2014 Understanding the formation of organic aerosol in urban environment during foggy and nonfoggy episodes.
Current position: Assistant Professor, SoT, PDP University, Gujarat
3. J. Jaidevi 2012 Effects of fine particulate matter on human health and climate. Current position: Assistant Professor, IITRAM, Ahmedabad 2. Sumit Kumar Mishra 2011 Numerical estimation of optical properties of pure and polluted mineral dust particle.
Current Position: Scientist, Radio and Atmospheric Sciences Division, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi
1. Sagnik Dey 2008 Aerosol radiative effects in Kanpur in the Indo-Gangetic basin, northern India.
Current position: Associate Professor, Department of Centre for Atmospheric Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology- Delhi
(b) Ongoing PH.D students
Sr.No Name Title
11. Anubhav Dwivedi Aerosol nucleation in mixing chamber under various flow conditions 10. Kunal Ghosh Effect of charge on microphysical processes in atmosphere (Modeling and experiment)
9. Navaneeth M.
Understanding the mixing state of black carbon aerosols in Indo - Gangetic Plain (IGP)
8. Anil Kumar Mandariya Understanding the growth of organic aerosol (OA) 7. Manish Kumar Study of aerosol deposition in piping system during severe nuclear accident and its validation with ASTEC
6. Gaurav Mishra Experimental and modeling study on hygroscopicity of nuclear aerosols 5. Sidyant Kumar Study of shock wave and droplet interaction 4. Suneeti Mishra Aerosol size distribution and chemical analysis in Indian cities 3. Vipul Lalchandani Chemical characterization of particulate matter, and understanding organic aerosol sources and evolution at downwind location of Delhi during winter season
2. Ashutosh Shukla Source apportionment using UMR and PMF and network analysis 1. Mithun Krishnan K.V. Seasonal and annual variations of surface energy fluxes, parameters and it’s modeling using weather research forecast models over Indo- Gangetic basin
(c) M.Tech thesis supervised
Sr.No. Name Year Title/Current Position
30. Shubham Naresh 2019 Spatial and temporal variability in ionic and metal composition 4
of PM2.5, across five sites of Gangetic plain; seasonality in secondary inorganic aerosol and preliminary
Current position: Research Scholar, under my guidance in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur
29. Himadri Sekhar
2019 Inter and Intra seasonality in carbonaceous species (EC, OC) of PM2.5 aerosol over five sites of Indo-Gangetic plain, preliminary source apportionment and case study on multi-day regional SOAformation during winter at Faridabad.
Current position: Research Scholar, under my guidance in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur
28. Saad Ahmed 2018 Application of microwave radiometer in nowcasting of convective activity.
27. Mithun Krishnan
2017 Seasonal dynamics of surface energy balance over a semi-natural grass land in central Indo-Gangetic Basin.
Current position: Pursuing PhD under my guidance in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur
26. Geet George 2017 Characterisation of cloud vertical structure (CVS) and cloud radiative forcing (CRF) over Kanpur.
Current position: PhD Student, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Germany
25. Bhuvana Joshi 2016 Real time size resolved analysis of organics in Kanpur city: A comparative study between fog and no-fog periods.
Current position: Assistant Professor - Civil Engineering, Govt. Engineering College, Banswara, Rajasthan
24. Kuntamukkala Pavan
2016 Black carbon aerosol microphysical properties variation and electron microscopy study of PM205 in Kanpur.
Current Position: Software Engineer at Tech Mahindra
2015 Understanding urban micrometeorology and its impact on the heat island of greater Kanpur.
Current Position: PhD student, Yale University, USA. 22. Kundan Kumar 2015 Aerosol Direct Radiative forcing over Indo-Gangetic basin during pre-mansoon season using WRF-CHEM.
Current Position: Assistant Executive Engineer, Office of the Panchayat Raj Superintendent Engineer, Panchayat Raj Circle Adilabad, Tilangana
21. Vipul Lalchandani 2014 The need for site-, season- and instrument-specific calibrations of aphoto-reference method for determining aerosol Black Carbonconcentrations and examining color signal of Organic carbon particles.
Current Position: Pursuing PhD under my guidance in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur, Kanpur
20. Amit Sharma 2014 Assessing health impact of Particulate Matter using Weather Research Forecasting-Chem model over IG Basin.
Current Position: Ahmedabad
19. Anubhav Dwivedi 2013 Investigation of activation kinetics of laboratory generated and 5
Current Position: pursuing PhD under my guidance in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Kanpur
18. Rosalin Dalai 2013 Role of aerosol type and mixing state on CCN activity Current Position: Indian Institute of Technology-Bhubaneswar 17. Shamjad P.M. 2011 Hygroscopicity, mixing state and enhanced absorption of aerosols
Current Position: Clean Combustion Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
16. Priya Choudhry 2011 Validation of MODIS-retrieved AOD over Indo-Gangetic Plain.
Current Position: Group Engineer at SNC-Lavalin Atkins, Bengaluru, Karnataka
15. Monika Srivastava 2011 Aircraft-based CCN Closure Current Position: BBD University, Lucknow
14. Pawan Kumar Bharti 2010 A study of inter and intra variation seasonal of surface Cloud Condensation Nuclei and chemical closure in Kanpur Current Position: SIDBI, Ludhiana
13. Vishnu Patidar 2009 First surface, spatial and vertical measurements of Cloud Condensation Nuclei (CCN) over Indian CTCZ region. Current Position: Environmental Engineer
12. Jariwala Chinmay G. 2009 An observational and laboratory study on the effects of Cloud Condensation Nuclei and black carbon aerosol on fog persistence.
Current Position: Environmental Engineer, Dar AL-Handasah, Pune
11. Vivek Pratap Singh 2008 An experimental investigation of the effects of environmental and fog condensation nuclei parameters on rate of fog dissipation.
Current Position: Engineer, Manali
10. Sanjay Prakash
2008 A study of ambient ultra fine aerosols using SMPS. Current Position: Sr. Process Design Engineer
at SS GAS LAB ASIA PVT LTD, New Delhi
9. Anirban Roy 2008 Measurement and simulation of particulate aerosols. Current Position: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, USA 8. Anilkumar D. Vanga 2007 A numerical study of new particle formation in cirrus cloud. Current Position: Engineer, Jones Lang LaSalle, Mumbai 7. Sudip Chakraborty 2006 Long term changes in surface and columnar water vapor over North India.
Current Position: Research Scholar, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Defense & Space, Pasadena, CA
6. Abani Patnaik 2006 Climatology of cloud and aerosol over the Indian subcontinent and adjoining oceans.
Current Position: Offshore Structural Engineer, L&T, Mumbai 5. Roma Srivastava 2006 Study of trace gas concentration over Kanpur region. Current Position: Lecturer, Hindustan College of Engineering, Agra
4. Parul Sharma 2006 Study of aerosol chemical composition over Kanpur region. Current Position: Sr Director (HTEM) at Fraud and Identity, Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions, Milpitas, California
3. Tanveer Ahmed 2005 Charging of radioactive aerosols containment wall ofpressurized water reactor.
Current Position: Data Scientist, Enterprise Intelligent Automation Practice, Tata Consultancy Services - North America 2. Nagesh Chinnam 2005 Analysis of ambient particles by high volume sampler and PM10.
1. Shyam Kishor 2005 Investigation into seasonal and diurnal formation ofatmospheric nitrate.
(d) Dual Degree B. Tech-M.Tech thesis supervised
Sr.No. Name Year Title/Current Position
5. Bharath Kumar 2015 Source Apportionment of Sub Micron Aerosol Over Kanpur. Current position: Business Analyst, ZS Associates, Gurgaon 4. KarnVohra 2015 A chamber study to understand aerosol deposition phenomena.
Current position:PhD Scholar in Environmental Health Sciences at University of Birmingham, UK
3. Alabhya Mishra 2014 Electrical properties of Titan and Earth Atmospheres. Current position: Associate at BlackRock
2. ArunYadav 2013 An evaluation of WRF-Chem model over the Indian Domain Current position: Flipkart, Bangalore
1. AkhileshRawal 2012 Study of ion-aerosol near-cloud mechanism to explain cosmic ray-cloud-climate conundrum
Current position:Consultant at Boston Consulting Group
(e) B. Tech- project supervised
Sr.No. Name Year Title
5. Praveen/Naveen 2007 A study of effects of black carbon on cloud microphysical properties using a two-dimensional cloud model
4. Nikhil/Gaurav 2006 Retrieval of aerosol organic carbon obtained due to biomass burning from various locations of the world.
3. Shiwesh/Sameer 2005 Parameterization of collision efficiency between of electrically charged aerosol particles and cloud of droplets. 2. Ashwyn/Sandip 2005 Numerical investigation of atmospheric fogs. 1. Abhishek/Chandel 2004 Comparison of satellite derived aerosol parameters withground measured data over Gangetic Basin. Field of Specialization:Atmospheric Science
I conduct laboratory experiments of aerosols to quantify their spectral absorption, hygroscopic and microphysical properties. We also formulate various modeling tools to improve process-level understanding (e.g. role of mixing state, brown carbon) of these properties including new particle formation.
In addition, I am conducting comprehensive analyses to improve our understanding of physical and optical properties of aerosols over the Indo-Gangetic Basin. This involves aerosol-related data from various platforms including long-term ground based and satellite, as well as intensive short- term campaign. Our ultimate goal is to accurately represent aerosol effects in the regional climate-chemistry models that are used to estimate the climate and health impacts of aerosols over the Indo-Gangetic 7
Basin. I am also interested in the development of new techniques for measurement of aerosol absorption.
UP Ratna Award, Government of Uttar Pradesh (2018)
Distinguished Alumnus Award, Banaras Hindu University (2015)
Elected Fellow, The National Academy of Sciences, India (2015)
Rajeeva and Sangeeta Lahri Chair Professor (2015-2018)
Elected Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering (2015)
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences (2014)
Sir M. Visvesaraya Research Fellowship for excellence in teaching and Research (2009-2012)
NASA Senior Fellowship (2009-2010)
NASI-SCOPUS Young Scientist Award for highest citation in Earth Sciences(2009)
All India Council of Technical Education, Young Teacher Career Award (2003) Service to Community
45. Member, Expert Committee of Climate Change Programme (CCP) under Strategic Programmes, Large Initiatives and Coordinated Action Enabler (SPLICE) for implementation of two national missions on climate change under Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC) viz (a) National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem
(NMSHE) and (b) National Mission on Strategic knowledge for Climate Change
(NMSKCC), Department of Science and Technology, 2019 44. Member, Committee to examine technological and regulatory issues relating to retrofitting of (i) older/petrol/diesel vehicles; (ii) older DG Sets less than 800 kW, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, 2019.
43. Member, Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), 2019.
42. Member, National Nodal Faculty, National Knowledge Network Partner for NCAP, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, 2019. 41. Member, National Clean Air Program (NCAP), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, 2019.
40. Member, Advisory Committee, International Conference on “Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerabilities and Adaptation: Emphasis on India and Neighbourhood, CCIVA 2019, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, February 26 - March 2, 2019. 39. Member, Cloud Seeding Committee, Uttar Pradesh Government, 2018. 38. Member, Technical Expert Committee (TEC) for Petcoke and Alternative fuels, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, 2018.
37. Member, International Advisory Committee, International Aerosol Conference, 2018. 36. Member, National Advisory and Technical Programme Committee, International Conference on Aerosol Climate Change Connection (AC3), Bose Institute, Darjeeling, April 25-27, 2017.
35. Member, Technical Programme Committee, Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association (IASTA), conference on Aerosols and Climate Change: Insights and Challenges, PRL, Ahmadabad, December 6-8, 2016.
34. Member, Advisory Council of Mahamana Malaviya Research Centre for Ganga, River, Development & Water Resource Management, Government of India. 33. Expert member, Committee on Environment and Climate Change to review Central Sector Scheme and Centrally Sponsored Scheme, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India.
32. Expert Member, Environmental Domain, MHRD’s IMPRINT programme 2016 to till date. 31. Expert Member, MoWR’s, Indian National Climate Change Committee, 2015 to till date 31. 30. Member, Institute International Relations Committee, 2015-2016. 29. Session Convener, Indo-German Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, Potsdam, Germany, May, 2014.
28. Session Chair, “Aerosol Characterization: Chemical” in 8th Asian Aerosol Conference, Australian Technology Part, Sydney, Australia, December 3, 2013. 27. Session Convener, Fifth Indo-American Frontiers of Science Symposium, Indo–U.S. Science and Technology Forum-U.S. National Academy of Sciences, Agra, India - April 7-10, 2013.
26. Member, National Advisory Committee, Cloud-Aerosol Interactions and Precipitation Enhancement Experiment, Ministry of Earth Sciences, 2013-till date. 25. Evaluator, ‘Atmospheric Brown Clouds’ project administered by United Nation Environment Program, Bangkok, Thailand from November 5, 2012 to January 30, 2013. 24. Alternate Member, Nanotechnologies Sectional Committee, MTD 33, 2011. 23. Member, High Level Working Group, Aerosol and Cloud Nucleation, India Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences. 22. Member, National Fire Facility at Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur. 21. Member, Geophysical Research Letter Editor Search Committee. 20. Member, National Steering Committee, Cloud, Aerosol and Precipitation Enhancement Experiment, Largest Project Ever Taken by Ministry of Earth Sciences 19. Expert Member, DST Fast Track Scientist Committee. 18. Member, Publications Committee, American Geophysical Union, 2008-2010. 17. Member, Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology. 16. Member, Executive Committee, Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association. 15. Member, Science Team, Mars Orbiter Mission, ISRO Planex Programme. 14. Convener, Session on Climate effects of the atmospheric particle system: aerosols and clouds, Asia Oceania GeoScience Meeting, Bangkok, 2007.
13. Participated in Indo-US Frontier of Science and Technology Meeting held in New Delhi, India. October 2006.
12. Reviewer for DST and CSIR project proposals submitted for funding. 9
11. Participated in campaigns of national importance organized by ISRO; Land Campaign II over North India and Integrated Aerosol, Gases and Radiation Budget (ICARB) that covered land, sea and air segment.
10. Center for Advanced Studies Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
9. Member, Steering Committee, ISRO Space Borne Lidar Project. 8. Member, Steering Committee (Cloud Studies), CTCZ experiment Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
7. Member, Indian Association for Aerosol, Science and Technology. 6. Member, American Geophysical Union.
5. Reviewer for Journal of Geophysical Research, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Atmospheric Sciences, Atmospheric Environment, Geophysical Research Letters, Atmospheric Research, Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics. Current Science, Aerosol Science and Technology, Tellus B, Space Science Review, Journal of Applied Meteorology, United Nations Environment Programme, Planetary and Space Science, Advances in Space Research.
4. Executed four projects of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), DST and AICTE; three projects, sponsored by DST and ISRO are ongoing. Total research funding till date: 500 Lakhs.
3. Panelist, Workshop on Nanoparticles: Science and Technology, organized by Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay under the auspices of Indo-US Forum. 2. Member, Technical committee, Asian Aerosol Conference, Mumbai, December, 2005. 1. Convener, Technical (Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association- IASTA Aerosol, Clouds and Indian Monsoon International Conference), November 2004, Kanpur. Other Recognitions
Associate Editor, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, 2018.
Expert member, Committee on “Aerosol, Radiation and Trace Gases”, NARL, Gadanki, 2018.
National Coordinator, DST’s National Network Programme on Climate Change and Aerosol, 2018-2021.
Member, Research Council of CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, 2017-2020.
Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Aerosol Science, 2016-2019.
Member, Advisory Board of Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts - A Royal Society of Chemistry Publication, 2016-2018.
Academic Editor (member of the Editorial Board) of PLOS ONE (2014) Publications
154. Bhat, G.S., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Spatial and temporal variability in energy and water vapor fluxes observed at seven sites on the Indian subcontinent during 2017, Quarterly Journal of Meteorological Society, accepted for publication
153. Ghosh, K., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Particle formation from vapors emitted from glowing wires: Theory and experiments, Aerosol Science & Technology, accepted for publication. 152. Zheng, T., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Gaussian Process regression model for dynamically calibrating and surveilling a wireless low-cost particulate matter sensor network in Delhi, Atmospheric Measurement and Techniques, 12(9), 5161–5181, DOI: 10.5194/amt-12-5161-2019. 151. Brauer, M., S.K. Guttikunda, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Examination of monitoring approaches for ambient air pollution: A case study for India, Atmospheric Environment, 216, 116940, DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2019.116940.
150. Turner, A, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Interaction of convective organisation with monsoon precipitation, atmosphere, surface and sea: The 2016 INCOMPASS field campaign in India, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 1-25, DOI: 10.1002/qj.3633. 149. Choudhury, G., Bhishma Tyagi, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Aerosol-orography-precipitation - A critical assessment, Atmospheric Environment, 214, 116831, DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2019.116831.
148. Brattich, E., E. Serranocastillo, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Measurements of aerosols and charged particles on the BEXUS18 stratospheric balloon, Annales Geophysicae, 37, 389-403, DOI: 10.5194/angeo-37-389-2019.
147. Dwivedi, A.K., A. Khan, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Aerosol depositional characteristics in piping assembly under varying flow conditions, Progress in Nuclear Energy, 116, 148-157, DOI: 10.1016/j.pnucene.2019.04.007.
146. Thamban, N.M., B. Joshi, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Evolution of aerosol size and composition in the Indo-Gangetic plain: Size-resolved analysis of high-resolution aerosol mass spectra, ACS Earth and Space Chemistry, 3, 823-832, DOI: 10.1021/acsearthspacechem.8b00207. 145. Mishra, G., A.K. Mandariya, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Hygroscopic growth of CsI and CsOH particles in context of nuclear reactor accident research, Journal of Aerosol Science, 132, 60-69, DOI:DOI:10.1016/j.jaerosci.2019.03.008.
144. Mandariya, A.K., T. Gupta and S.N. Tripathi, 2019, Effect of aqueous-phase processing on the formation and evolution of Organic Aerosol (OA) under different stages of fog life cycles, Atmospheric Environment, 206, 60-71, DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2019.02.047. 143. Zhang, S.Y.,S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Intensive allochthonous inputs along the Ganges River and their effect on microbial community composition and dynamics, Environmental Microbiology, 21(1), 182-196, DOI: 10.1111/1462-2920.14439.
142. Weagle, C.L., G. Snider, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Global sources of fine particulate matter: Interpretation of PM2.5 chemical composition observed by SPARTAN using a global chemical transport model, Environmental Science & Technology, 52 (20), 116**-*****, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.8b01658.
141. Sarangi, C., V. P. Kanawade, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Aerosol-induced intensiﬁcation of cooling effect of clouds during Indian summer monsoon, Nature Communication, 9, 3754, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-06015-5.
140. Zheng, T., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Field evaluation of low-cost particulate matter sensors in high and low concentration environments, Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 11(8), 4823–4846, DOI: 10.5194/amt-11-4823-2018.
139. Chakraborty, T., C. Sarangi, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2019, Biases in model-simulated surface energy fluxes during the Indian monsoon onset period, Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 170(2), 323-348, DOI: 10.1007/s10546-018-0395-x.
138. Trent, M, R. Dreibelbis, A. Bir, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Access to household water quality information leads to safer water: A cluster randomized controlled trial in India, Environmental Science & Technology, 52(9), 5319-5329, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.8b00035. 137. Sarangi, C., S. N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Aerosol and urban land use effect on rainfall around cities in Indo-Gangetic Basin from observations and cloud resolving model simulations, Journal of Geophysical Research – Atmospheres, 123, 3645-3667, DOI: 10.1002/2017JD028004. 136. George, G, C. Sarangi, S.N. Tripathi, T. Chakraborty and A. Turner, 2018, Vertical structure and radiative forcing of monsoon clouds over Kanpur during the 2016 INCOMPASS field campaign, Journal of Geophysical Research – Atmospheres, 123, 2152-2174, DOI: 10.1002/2017JD027759. 135. Chakraborty, A., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Realtime chemical characterization of post monsoon organic aerosols in a polluted urban city: sources, composition, and comparison with other seasons, Environmental Pollution, 232, 310-321, DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2017.09.079. 134. Shamjad, P.M., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, Absorbing refractive index and direct radiative forcing of atmospheric brown carbon over Gangetic Plain, ACS Earth and Space Chemistry, 2(1), 31-37, DOI: 10.1021/acsearthspacechem.7b00074. 133. Holben, B.N., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2018, An overview of mesoscale aerosol processes, comparison and validation studies from DRAGON networks, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 18, 655-671, DOI: 10.5194/acp-18-655-2018.
132. Mhawish, A., T. Banerjee, D.M. Broday, A. Misra and S.N. Tripathi, 2017, Evaluation of MODIS collection 6 aerosol retrieval algorithms over Indo-Gangetic Plain: Implications of aerosols types and mass loading, Remote Sensing of Environment, 201, 297-313., DOI: 10.1016/j.rse.2017.09.016. 131. Thamban, N. M., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, Internally mixed black carbon in the Indo-Gangetic Plain and its effect on absorption enhancement, Atmospheric Research, 197, 211-223, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosres.2017.07.007.
130. Lal, S., S. Venkataramani, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, Loss of crop yields in India due to surface ozone: An estimation based on a network of observations, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24(26), 209**-*****, DOI: 10.1007/s11356-017-9729-3. 129. Mishra, S.K., N. Saha, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, Morphology, mineralogy and mixing of individual atmospheric particles over Kanpur (IGP): Relevance of homogeneous equivalent sphere approximation inradiative models, MAPAN-Journal of Metrology Society of India, 32(3), 229-241, DOI: 10.1007/s12647-017-0215-7.
128. Satish, R., P. Shamjad, N. Thamban, S.N. Tripathi and N. Rastogi, 2017, Temporal characteristics of brown carbon over the central Indo-Gangetic Plain, Environmental Science & Technology, 51(12), 6765–6772, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.7b00734.
127. Chowdhury, S., S. Dey, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, “Traffic intervention” policy fails to mitigate air pollution in megacity Delhi, Environmental Science and Policy, 74, 8-13, DOI: 10.1016/j.envsci.2017.04.018.
126. Sarangi, C., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, Investigation of aerosol-cloud-rainfall association over Indian Summer Monsoon region, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 17, 5185–5204, DOI: 10.5194/acp-17-5185-2017.
125. Dimri, A.P., S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, Cloudbursts in Indian Himalayas: A review, Earth Science Reviews, 168, 1-23, DOI: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2017.03.006. 124. Yu, H., L. Dai, Y. Zhao, V.P. Kanawade, S.N. Tripathi et al., 2017, Laboratory observations of temperature and humidity dependencies of nucleation and growth rates of sub-3 nm particles, Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, 122(3), 1919-1929, DOI: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2017.03.006.