To hold a position where my certification, experience, and partnership will be instrumental to a company’s strategic vision and goals while supporting and cultivating a dynamic and dedicated workforce to exceed customer expectations. PROFSSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Human Resource Generalist March 2019 to September 2019
• Full cycle recruiting utilizing Newton ATS and Paycor.
• Establishing and partnering with vendors for temporary staffing.
• Created new Safety presentation for all employees.
• Revised Onboarding presentation for utilization in Paycor LMS system.
• Established Safety Prescription Eye Wear Program.
• Patterning with Benefits Vendor for 2020 benefits renewal
• Employee relations with regards to onboarding, benefits, 401K, Life Insurance
• Manage employee engagement programs and event planning. SCHERZINGER PEST CONTROL October 2015 to February 2019 Human Resource Manager
• Reported to the Vice President of Operations for approximately 90 employees across all business lines and 3 branch offices.
• Recruitment and On-boarding – Work with hiring managers, Vice President and others to identify and onboard top talent
• Key Point of contact for the first month to ensure employee experience through on-boarding and beyond is a positive one.
• Supported President and Vice President with high-level employee relations issues
• Managed more junior employee relations issues directly and provide coaching to managers as needed to solidify the hiring process
• Partnered with Corporate Council to ensure risk is mitigated
• Offered guidance and counseling to employees concerning work-related issues and resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner
• Ensured all new employees fulfilled training requirements including the set- up and delivery of ad-hoc training (i.e. Harassment Avoidance, Supervisor Training, Employee Relations
• Created and conducted development of corporate initiatives locally and at remote offices; tailor material as required.
• Project Lead for Paycor Integration
d.e. foxx & ASSOCIATES, INC. March 2014 to October 2015 Corporate Human Resources- Human Resource Generalist
• Reported to the Director of Human Resources for approximately 1500 employees, across all brands.
• Performed difficult staffing issues, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, employee separations and administering disciplinary procedures.
• Served as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping solve work related issues
• Managed multiple areas of Human resources effectively, including Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Employee Relations, Conducting Investigations, Reviewing and Approving Terminations and Employee Counseling’s.
• Advised Managers on organizational policies such as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, workplace violence, ADA compliance and recommend needed changes.
• Represented organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
AHRESTY WILMINGTON CORPORATION January 2013 to March 2014 Human Resource Administrator II/Generalist
• Reported to the CFO, interpreted policies and provided coaching and resources for 640 employees.
• Trained all new hires on Policy and Procedures. Review of Standards of Conduct, Employee Handbook, Compliance and Business Ethics Policy.
• Completed employee relations investigations, made recommendations for appropriate disciplinary action taken; up to and including termination.
• Lead Project Team with CareWorks to transition all FMLA and Leave claims and utilized their services as Corporate Administrator.
• Conducted Plant Safety Orientation. Reviewing safety videos and policies with all new employees and visiting advisors. Topics included contamination of aluminum and potential hazards of explosions, lock out tag out procedure, workplace violence, and substance abuse policy.
• Assisted with Plant Safety Audit to ensure compliance with applicable laws and OSHA requirements
• Represented company in all Unemployment Claims, filing appeals as necessary. In all appeals filed, judgments have been favorable for the company.
• Scheduled and partner with local facility, PESSO, to administer monthly random drug screens.
• Utilized ADP Enterprise System as a Portal Administrator
• Kept abreast of legislation affecting human resources; monitored company policies to ensure compliance.
IRON MOUNTAIN 2004 to 2012
Human Resources Generalist/Human Resource Administrator (2007 – 2012) Responsible for the Ohio Valley from 2007- 2011. In 2011 took over the Michigan Market in Canton, MI
• Provided HR support to a territory of 300+ employees on a variety of functional areas of human resources including but not limited to recruitment and employment, personnel records maintenance, policy and procedure administration, performance management, wage and salary administration, training, and special projects
• Participated in recruitment and on-boarding activities, including applicant tracking, interviewing, pre-employment screening, and new hire orientation
• Developed strong working relationships with the management team to assist in identification and planning of on-going human resource needs.
• Interpreted policies and provide coaching and resources to employees and supervisors with respect to career development, compensation, staffing initiatives, performance management, disciplinary actions, and employee relations in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach.
• Provided local support for benefits by facilitating Open Enrollment, acting as primary liaison between Corporate Benefits and employees, and offering assistance and answering benefits questions for employees
• Assisted with payroll processing and assisting management in the resolution of pay related issues
• Administered FMLA and STD
• Managed Worker’s Compensation claims
• Attended unemployment hearings on the Company’s behalf
• Monitored and reviewed the performance appraisal process and continually developed as necessary, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely and consistent manner
• Implemented Injury Review Board to identify trends and reduce work related injuries
Customer Service Supervisor (2004-2007)
• Responsibility included two markets and two departments; customer service and data entry. Supervised 10-15 people in the Cincinnati and Columbus area.
• Hiring and Training of New Employees
• Quality and Productivity Standards
• Employee Coaching and Mentoring
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
• PHR Certification Obtained in April 2012
• SHRM-CP Certification Obtained in January 2015
SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Proficient in Oracle HRMS, HR Smart, ATS and ADP Enterprise and e- time payroll systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications-Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Ability to act with tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations and be entrusted with confidential information
• Nominated for Mountaineering Award by fellow Customer Service Manger
• Completed Employee Relations Leadership Workshop- Union Avoidance
• Completed Wage and Hour Training for exempts and non-exempts employee
• Lead Training in Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment Awareness
• Created 12-week Leadership training for Supervisors