****, *** ******, ***. *, Montreal, H1T 3M2, QC
A successful Actuary and Statistician who adopts well to demanding and fast-paced work environments. Well-organized and highly motivated, able to identify needs, gathering, describing, and analyzing data. Skilled in forecasting and developing results. CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• Languages: Persian (Farsi), English, French.
• Valuations, Forecasting, Pricing, Reserving, Captive Consulting, Asset Liability Modeling.
• Hardworking with excellent interpersonal communications: punctual, teamwork, positive, flexible.
• Extensive experience working with public in educational institutes and working with youths in an academic setting.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
• Statistical Software (SPSS, R, S-PLUS, MATHEMATICA, MINITAB, PYTHON, VISUAL BASIC, C++, SAS).
• Internet, Social Media, Shiny, Salesforce, and Navi Plan. EDUCATION
• Doctorate in Actuary and Financial Mathematics (Statistics) 2011 - 2016 Malaya University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Master in Statistical Insurance (Actuary) 2007 - 2010 Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
• Bachelor in Statistics 2001 - 2005
Islamic Azad University - Central Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran ROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
• Member of SSC - Statistical Society of Canada 2018
• Member of ASSQ - Association des Statisticiennes et des Statisticiens du Quebec 2018
• Member of ADVOCIS - The Financial Advisors Association of Canada 2016 CERTIFICATIONS
• Mutual Funds - Canadian Investment Funds Course 2018 l’Autorite des Marches Financiers, Montreal, Quebec
• Insurance of Persons - LLQP 2017
l’Autorite des Marches Financiers, Montreal, Quebec
• AVS of a Sales Representative 2017
Feng Yee College, Montreal, Quebec
• Senior Financial advisor 2019 - Present
Experior Financial Group, Montreal, Quebec
• Actuarial, Insurance Analyst 2018 - 2019
Willis Towers Watson, Montreal, Quebec
• Financial Security Advisor 2017 - 2018
Sun Life Financial, Montreal, Quebec
• Statistics and Mathematics Tutor 2016 - 2016
Education House 2 International Academy, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Statistician 2007 - 2010
Shayesteh Nirou Services Co., Tehran, Iran
• Statistician 2005 - 2007
Iran Poultry Industries Cooperative Co., Tehran, Iran PUBLICATIONS
• Maghsoudi, M., and Abu Bakar, S.A. (2017). In search of Best Fitted Composite Model to the ALAE Data Set with Transformed Gamma and Inverse Transformed Gamma Families. American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1842, 020007; doi: 10.1063/1.4982837.
• Maghsoudi, M., Abu Bakar, S.A., and Hamzah, N.A. (2014). Composite Weibull- Inverse Transformed Gamma Distribution and its Actuarial Application. AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol. 1605, p. 1007.
• Abu Bakar, S.A., Hamzah, N.A., Maghsoudi, M., and Nadarajah, S. (2014). Modelling Loss Data Using Composite Models. Insurance, Mathematics and Economics.
• Zokaei, M., and Maghsoudi, M. (2011). Reconstruction of Frailty-Based Mortality Models by a generalization of Gompertz Distribution. Quarterly Journal of insurance research Center (IRC), Vol. 25, No. 4, 59-85.