e: firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/wweiskircher
• Recruiting • Strategic Leadership • Performance Management
• Employee Relations • Benefits Administration • Organizational Development • Succession Planning • Payroll • Onboarding and Retention
Director of Human Resources 2008 – 2019
Louis Plung & Company, LLP Pittsburgh, PA
• Recruited candidates to fill current vacancies and to build a pipeline for future needs. Saved the firm thousands of dollars in professional recruiting fees by identifying creative methods for sourcing candidates and cultivating high-potential employees for future senior leadership. Recruited candidates for many of our clients.
• Execution of day to day tactical and strategic operational tasks to deliver an exceptional employee experience. Anticipated human resource needs, diagnosed issues and identified and implemented solutions. Performed in person-interviews, regulatory and legal compliance, coordination of employee training and development initiatives, updated job levels and development opportunities by position, and managed HRIS/ATS tools.
• Mediated and resolved complex employee issues and mitigated conflict by improving transparency and communication on organizational policies and procedures and maintaining open communication practices. Facilitated employee relation matters, including decision making support and leadership to resolve employee problems; counseled employees and supervisors concerning performance and disciplinary matters; and provided recommendations.
• Managed and coordinated adequate technical and professional skills training for the firm, identifying needs/skills gaps and collaborating with department supervisors to support manager training and performance coaching.
• Collaborated regularly with executive team to implement and recommend policies, programs, and solutions to support an engaged, productive, and proactive work environment.
• Directly supervised, developed and evaluated five employees to provide training guidance and feedback, priority management, writing and proofreading assistance, and development opportunities.
• Built and maintained a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, performance feedback, team building, and succession planning, including serving as a champion of change as a member of the executive committee to drive and adopt new approaches, ideas, and technologies.
• Administered benefit programs for all the firm’s benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, leaves of absence, 401K, and COBRA. Communicated annual benefits open enrollment to employees, completed employee healthcare census, professional liability census, and entered new deductions into payroll.
• Facilitated annual performance and compensation management processes including consultation with partners and managers on performance observations, proposed salary increases, and promotions.
Director of Human Resources 2006 – 2008
Massaro Construction Group Pittsburgh, PA
• Responsible for talent management initiatives; conducting interviews, reference and background verification, offer negotiation, and onboarding and training.
• Managed compensation and benefits, and point of contact for all inquiries by corporate/field employees on human resource related matters. Evaluated and implemented competitive compensation and benefit strategies to attract and retain a high performing workforce and continually assessed competitiveness of offerings.
• Drafted communications to educate employees on policies and procedures, new benefit offerings, training and development initiatives, performance appraisal process, and employee events.
• Managed employee relations, complaints and/or grievances, terminations, exit interviews and legal compliance.
Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM)
St. Francis University, Dixon University Center, Harrisburg, PA
B.A. Business Administration, concentration in Marketing, Otterbein University, Westerville, OH
B.A. Psychology, Departmental Honors, Otterbein University
Association: Current Member of Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Teams), LinkedIn Recruiter, ADP Workforce Now, Google Apps, Checkpoint Learning, CCH ProSystem fx® Practice Management and Adobe programs.