Denise M. Mayhew
**** ************* *****, **** ***, McLean, VA 22102
• Patent Prosecution Paralegal, Perkins Coie LLP (July 2009 - Present)
• Patent Prosecution Paralegal, Proskauer LLP (March 2006 - July 2009)
• Patent Prosecution Paralegal, Heller Ehrman LLP (January 2001 - March 2006)
• Patent Prosecution Paralegal, Foley & Lardner LLP (August 1993 - December 2000) Responsibilities:
• Prepare and file various patent applications and related documents electronically via USPTO EFS-Web including: Provisional, Non-Provisional, Continuation, Divisional, CIP, National Phase, Re-examination, and Reissue.
• Prepare and file PCT applications and related documents electronically via ePCT.
• Prepare and file various patent prosecution documents electronically via USPTO EFS-Web including: response to Missing Parts, Restriction Requirement, Office Action, research patent families for IDS submission, Assignment Recordation, Notice of Appeal, Appeal Brief, Terminal Disclaimer, Issue Fee, and Certificates of Correction.
• Analyze all incoming communications related to US and foreign patent prosecution; prepare response for attorney signature; and discern the pertinent information and enter required information into the docketing database.
• Maintain patent docket, including the daily docketing of incoming and outgoing correspondence from the USPTO, WIPO, as well as foreign patent offices while proactively monitoring the docket to ensure that all deadlines are met, and collaborate with IP docketing team.
• Coordinate and communicate with clients, and organize and maintain electronic client files
• Perform thorough case review prior to payment of Issue Fee to ensure all formal requirements are met, any priority claim(s) properly acknowledged, and claims are free of any obvious issues.
• Work with and advise foreign counsel in connection with prosecution and maintenance of patent applications outside of the United States.
• Effectively utilize IP docketing software, USPTO online resources (PAIR, EFS-Web, EPAS), and WIPO (Portal, ePCT, Lex, PATENTSCOPE) and other patent-related websites.
• Independently manage high volume and efficiently prioritize competing demands. Experience & Qualifications:
• 26 years of US and foreign patent prosecution experience.
• Assisted with the startup of three patent prosecution practices. Experience & Qualifications (continued):
Proficient knowledge and usage of document management system (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Foundation IP).
Paralegal Certificate - University of Maryland, College Park, MD (1985-1987) High School Diploma – LaReine High School, Suitland, MD (1980-1984) References:
John Isacson (Partner)
Pepper Hamilton LLP
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 202-***-**** Afzal Chowdhury (Scientific Advisor)
Perkins Coie LLP
Email: email@example.com; Phone: 202-***-**** Tammy Loving Sherman (Senior Consultant)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 304-***-****