AUDRIE RAYMUND A. TORRES
Tel: +63-920-******* Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics andProcurement Expert
-Specializing in Logistics, Shipping and Manufacturing Industries-
A highly competitive servant-leader who is self-disciplined and results-oriented with extensive operations and logistics experience that demonstrates self-motivation, creativity and initiative to achieve both personal and career goals; Attuned to the diverse needs of the changing markets with practical experience also in sales and customer service, finance and human resource, purchasing and general management, collectively gained from domestic and multinational companies in the logistics, shipping and manufacturing industries.
Leadership • General Management • Logistics • Purchasing • Warehouse Management • International and Domestic Shipping • Domestic Forwarding • Sales • Inventory Management • Branch Operations • Truck Management • Office Administration • Contract Negotiation • Feasibility Studies
Highlights of Employment
A. Bais Industrial Management Corp./Central Azucarera de Bais, Inc. Makati City Oct 2008 – Present
Logistics and Purchasing Manager (Warehouse Manager – Oct. 2009 to April 2010)
-In-charge of importations, domestic forwarding and trucking
-Negotiate air and sea freight with international forwarders and domestic shipping lines
-Responsible for procurement of sugar machinery and heavy equipment and spare parts, chemicals and hardware items
-Administer office equipment, fixtures and vehicle repair and maintenance
Reduced international and domestic shipping costs by 37%
Reduced Customs processing from nine (9) days to five (5) days.
Conducted industrial engineering studies and recommended improvements in the mill sites particularly on truck turnaround, yard traffic management, inventory system, warehouse management and sugar buying procedure.
Instituted purchasing system that eliminated graft. Also presently handles office administration and co-generation.
Reason for leaving: No salary adjustment company-wide for six (6) years.
B. Peaksun Enterprises and Export Corp. Taytay City Jan – Jun 2008
Fleet Manager / Acting HR & Administration Manager
-In-charge of cement truck maintenance and repairs
-Responsible for truck management and deployment
-Handled HR function particularly on drivers and mechanics management
Improved fleet availability factor by 10% through strict preventive maintenance and behaviour-based skills improvement.
Reduced towing charges by 50%.
Reason for leaving: 12-hour, 6/7-day work week
C. Penta Maritime Corporation Muntinlupa City 2006 to 2007
Operations Manager / Consultant
-In-charge of ship maintenance and repairs
-Handled crewing, spares and supplies procurement, and ship and crew insurance
Reduced time-charter vessel off-hire incidence by 50% through strict and systematic preventive and corrective maintenance, provision of required tools and spares, and hiring of competent engineers.
Reason for leaving: Financial problem of company.
D. Icebox Logistics, Inc. Intramuros, Manila 2005 to 2006
-In-charge of sales, operations, human resources, accounting and office administration
Established the company as a major player in the reefer logistics and food industries.
Generated 50% increase in sales, and increased income by 40% in its 3rd year of operation.
Reason for leaving: Due to depressed freight rates for refrigerated cargoes and unfair market tactics of major players, the owner of the company closed the company after 3 years of operation.
E. Honda Philippines, Inc. Paranaque City 2001 to 2005
Shipping Manager/Sales Manager
-Directly responsible for warehousing, inventory management, and nationwide distribution of motorcycles, power products and spare parts.
• Introduced and implemented Third Party Logistics
• Improved delivery lead time from the plant to Visayas and Mindanao dealers by 50%
• Reduced shipping claims by 75%
• Awarded 1st place in company-wide Quality Circle contest
• Reason for leaving: The company relocated to Batangas, a 3-hour drive from Manila.
F. Aboitiz Transport Group Manila
Aboitiz Haulers, Inc. 1999 to 2000
Operations / Logistics Manager
-Responsible for the logistical and operational needs of the warehousing and forwarding business such as warehousing, documentation, vessel schedules, equipment, checkers, trucks, containers, inventory and claims.
• Improved delivery lead time from Manila to Visayas and Mindanao by 25%
• Implemented health & safety systems
• Awarded Best Idea for “outside-the-box” proposal on alternative use of containers
• Reason for leaving: The company changed its corporate strategy and sold the company to a competitor.
G. National Marine Corporation Manila 1996 to 1999
1. Assistant General Manager
- In-charge of sales, operations, accounting, office administration and ship management
• Led the setting up of branches in Cebu, Cagayan de Oro and Iligan. In-charge of Manila documentation, equipment control, ship operations and marketing, and Cebu and Cagayan de Oro branches’ operations.
2. Operations Manager
• Formed the company in record two (2) months. Responsible for the operational needs of Manila particularly in vessel operations, equipment control and documentation. Commenced ISO9000 accreditation.
• Reason for leaving: Change in management
Education & Professional Development
Asian Institute of Management
Basic Management Program (with Superior Performance Award)
University of the Philippines - Diliman
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Effective Leadership Skills Total Quality Management
Vessel Management & Repairs Project Management
Supervision Customer Service