Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L5N 1R2 · 647-***-****
email@example.com · linkedin.com/in/tiffaniquebernard OBJECTIVE
A highly motivated and skilled Human Resources and Event Management Professional with over 4 years of experience in various industries such as Business Process Outsourcing, Hospitality, Finance and Private/Public Sectors. Business enthusiast who is open to collaborating with an organization that needs her expertise and in return offering an opportunity for career advancement.
2018 - 2019
POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE - HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT HUMBER COLLEGE- LAKESHORE CAMPUS
• Member of Human Resources Professional Association. 2012 – 2015
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - GENERAL MANAGEMENT STUDIES
UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES – MONA CAMPUS
• Member of the Rotaract Club, Valley Foundation.
2010 – 2012
ASSOCIATE DEGREE – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
MONTEGO BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
• Member of the Rotaract Club.
DIPLOMA IN SCIENCE & BUSINESS STUDIES
MOUNT ALVERNIA HIGH SCHOOL
• Member of the Student Council, Tourism and Spanish Club. BUSINESS & TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Staff Recruitment and Retention
• Orientation and Onboarding
• Learning and Organizational Development
• Event Management
• Sales and Creative Marketing
• Customer Service
• Organization and Time Management
• Budgeting and Negotiation
• Public Speaking
• Team Building and Collaboration
• Project Management
• Office Administration
• Employee Relations
• Payroll Analytics
• Analytics and Research
• Content & Presentation Development
• Microsoft Office Suite (2007 – O365)
• Cisco WebEx Video Conferencing
• Human Resources Information Software (HRIS)
• Learning Management System (LMS)
• Valedictorian for Toronto Community Housing Summer Internship. (2019)
• Certification of Completion for Toronto Community Housing Summer Internship. (2019)
• Certification of Participation for PLASP Summer Internship. (2019)
• Unique Vacations Wedding Planner for the month of September. (2017)
• Student Stewardship Award for Rex Nettleford Hall of Residence UWI. (2015)
• Cluster Representative for the Rex Nettleford Hall of Residence UWI. (2015)
• Outstanding Leadership for Extra Circular Activities- Montego Bay Community College. (2012) DETAILED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
OCTOBER 2019 – PRESENT
• Full cycle recruitment including posting ads, screening resumes, phone interviews and in-person interviews.
• Organize and schedule appointments.
• Onboard and conduct orientation for new hires.
• Create and update records and databases daily.
• Provide weekly summary stats to management and provide decision support.
• Provide ongoing support for team members, organize team events to ensure a high level of retention and engagement.
• Provide administrative support to management when needed. AUGUST 2018 – OCTOBER 2019
SNAP FINANCIAL GROUP
• Data-entry including use of PBS software
• Clerical duties; photocopying, scanning.
JUNE 2019 – AUGUST 2019
LEARNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT INTERN
TORONTO COMMUNITY HOUSING
• Administered training logistics and corporate learning requests into the Learning Management System.
• Created, disseminated and analyzed surveys to General Orientation attendees to solicit their feedback on areas of improvement in training.
• Conducted a research analysis into the industry's best practices for training Asset Management staff.
• Created and updated work back plans and critical paths for workshops and other initiatives.
• Led the Take Our Kids to Work Initiative by analyzing, developing and redesigning content.
• Acted as Group Coordinator for Knowledge Exchange Meetup Events; planned, organized and facilitated professional development workshops for fifty Youth tenants.
• Member of Diversity and Inclusion Team.
VOLUNTEER SERVICES/HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN
PLASP CHILD CARE SERVICES
• Led the recruitment and selection process of forty Volunteers and Students on Placement.
• Created schedules and managed logistic planning of group interviews.
• Revamped and redesigned training manuals and other materials for General Orientation. 3
• Organized, planned and provided supported with workshops and seminars.
• Participated in various departmental meetings regards to students on placement program.
• Created job descriptions for various students on placement programs based on tasks and responsibilities.
• Assisted with registration/administration of the Apprenticeship program. AUGUST 2017 – JULY 2018
• Inputted data exceptions and changes into Human Resource or Payroll system for external clients in accordance with statutory and contractual obligations.
• Processed overpayment requests.
• Loaded payroll files into payroll system, reconciles, and corrects errors as needed until payroll meets guidelines established by the client.
• Prepared and audited payroll tax reconciliations to balance for client payments, reporting, quarter-end, and year-end processing.
• Researched, responded or made corrections if necessary, to complex inquiries related to payroll taxes, deductions and wage withholding.
• Functioned as escalation point for complex related inquiries (Tier 3) from employees and third parties via case management system from employees and vendor inquiries. JANUARY 2017 – JULY 2018
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER/ENTREPRENEUR
VIRTUOUS PLANNING AND DESIGN
• Revamped, redesigned and rebranded family business that was established in 2003.
• Researched concepts for upcoming events and special projects, marketing ideas, event design and trends.
• Responsible for planning and coordinating all event details for weddings, birthdays, fundraisers, business meetings and other special events.
• Organized and coordinated weddings from a group size of 20 to 200 people.
• Organized and hosted bi-annual Spoken Word Poetry events.
• Conducted consultation services for clients to assist with event planning, menu creation, budget tracking and other details.
• Provided customer service to potential and existing clients relating to their event.
• Created event contracts, invoices and internal BEOs.
• Liaised closely with a broad range of individuals and vendors to meet event goals.
• Conducted follow up surveys and social media recommendations. JANUARY 2016 – JANUARY 2017
PRE-TRAVEL WEDDING PLANNER
UNIQUE VACATIONS LIMITED- AFFILIATE OF SANDALS AND BEACHES RESORTS
• Conducted consultation sessions with over 300 clients of Sandals and Beaches Resorts. Wedding groups ranged from 2 persons to 250 persons.
• Ensured that clients are meeting legal requirements for destination wedding planning.
• Created event proposals, invoices and internal BEOs.
• Established an event tracker spreadsheet to monitor tasks, pending requests and deadlines.
• Negotiated and managed agreements with local and international vendors to meet client’s needs. 4
• Worked closely with resort team to outline event objectives, details and special requests for a proper execution.
• Provided excellent sales and customer service regarding general destination wedding travel and planning.
• Communicated the details and perks of group bookings to ensure awareness.
• Identified and monitored issues to minimize further complications.
• Established and maintained rapport with guests to solicit feedback and encourage referrals.
• Attended internal and external workshops and tradeshows to build rapport with other planners in the industry.
REFERENCES – AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.