SDET / Automation Engineer
Northbrook, IL 60062
QA Automation Engineer with a Bachelor’s degree in security systems. Experienced in software development processes and optimal testing strategies. Open and transparent communicator with excellent multitasking skills, organized nature, and strong attention to detail. Expert in Java and Automation tools. Offering six years’ experience and expertise necessary to take on dynamic and complex software systems.
- Strong background in End-to-end Manual and Automation Testing of Client/Server and Web- based applications.
- Excellent understanding in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Expertise in understanding Business Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications and Design documentation and converting them into Test Scenarios.
- Solid experience in Smoke, Functional, Regression, API, Database testing.
- Good knowledge in Data Manipulation using SQL queries and conducting Backend testing by executing SQL queries and establishing a Database connection using JDBC.
- Extensively involved in creating, designing, developing and maintaining Behavior Driven Frameworks, Hybrid and both from scratch and existing using design patterns such as Page Object Model (POM), Singleton and Page Factory.
- Comfortable on creating, designing, developing and reviewing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Feature Files, Scenario Outlines and Test Reports.
- Solid experience in developing scenarios for writing Test Cases and designing, developing and executing Test Scripts for functions of the application using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Maven, TestNG and JUnit.
- Strong knowledge in Core Java and OOPS concepts.
- Great knowledge of Cucumber testing tool and ability to script feature files in Gherkin language (BDD) framework for UI, API and Database Testing.
- Hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems using Jenkins.
- Ability to automate test reports using Cucumber plugin HTML reports and reports attached to failed scenario screenshots.
- Extensive experience of Project Management Tools like Jira.
- Experienced in using file input streams to retrieve Data from Excel and Database using Apache POI.
- Expertise in handling dynamic elements, dropdowns, tables, iframes, pop-ups using XPath, CSS and other Selenium locators in HTML.
- Strong experience using IDEs like IntelliJ and Eclipse. TECHNICAL SKILLS
LANGUAGES - Java, SQL, HTML, Gherkin, XML
DATABASES - Oracle SQL
IDE - Eclipse, Intellij
PROJECT BUILDING TOOL - Maven
FRAMEWORKS - Cucumber BDD, DDD, Hybrid
BUILD TOOL - Maven
VERSION CONTROL - Git
BROWSERS - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE
DEFECT TRACKING TOOL - Jira
CI TOOL - Jenkins
OPERATING SYSTEMS - Windows, Mac OS
OTHER - MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Photoshop TESTING TOOLS - Selenium WebDriver, Postman, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, Rest-Assured
Client: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Chicago IL
Automation Test Engineer November 2017 – Present
- Implemented quality software best practices to develop Test Strategy, Test Case and Test Automation and actively participated in process improvements.
- Participated in project development meetings to provide Feedback on Quality Testing Issues from project creation to completion.
- Actively participated in Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Demo and Daily Stand-Up Meetings.
- Extensively involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Java with Cucumber and JUnit.
- Experience in writing feature files in Cucumber framework .
- Implemented a wide range of Functional Testing by various QA automation test frameworks like Behavior-Driven and Data-Driven to ensure the code reusability and code maintainability, which reduces the script development time .
- Set up jobs for Smoke and Regression Test using Continuous Integration tool, Jenkins.
- Involved in Back-end Testing to certify Data consistency on Front-end, by writing and executing SQL queries using JDBC.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization and applied Explicit and Implicit waits during testing in order to handle Synchronization issues.
- Used Actions Class to perform required mouse operations.
- Considerable experience in handling pop-ups, alerts, iframes, windows, dropdowns and so on using Selenium Web Driver.
- Experienced with XPath, CSS and other Selenium locators for locating web elements.
- Created reusable utility methods for testing framework.
- Tracked defect and enhancement requests as they entered into defect-tracking system using JIRA
- Experienced with Git/GitHub as a version control tool. Environments: Java, Oracle (SQL), HTML, Maven, Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, GitHub, JIRA, Agile Scrum
Client: Morningstar, Chicago IL
Automation Test Engineer January 2015 – October 2017
- Collaborated with developers and project managers to assess program capabilities, features and testing demands.
- Created automated solutions and played a strategic role within the Test Engineering Practice and with clients.
- Responsible for test automation development and translated business requirements/user stories into automated tests.
- Achieved a remarkable 90% automation over manual functions.
- Responsible for End-to-end testing through multiple applications, creating/updating/re- testing/closing bug tickets, and regularly updating test progress.
- Upgraded existing framework through Behavior-driven Development (BDD) to align with fluctuating market trends.
- Used Jenkins Continuous Integration tool for automatic build process and running regression tests.
- Identified bugs, logged them into Jira, monitored their progress and verified their fix.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting in tight timelines.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Integrated Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Maven and applied Gherkin language test case scenarios using Cucumber.
- Created Selenium automation scripts using Java and TestNG.
- Automated Database testing using JDBC, SQL and Cucumber.
- Manual API testing using Postman.
- Updated the framework with ability to read from excel sheets using Apache POI. Environment: Windows, IntelliJ IDE, Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Postman, SQL developer, Jira.
Client: United Airlines, Chicago IL
QA Automation Tester August 2013 – November 2014
- Involved in writing Test Cases and executing Manual Test Cases.
- Automated test cases using Java, Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed Regression tests prior to each release and produced automated HTML reports.
- Created Test Cases based on the Requirement Documents.
- Created many Test Cases such as Positive or Negative tests.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Creating and managing defects in JIRA with priority and detail information about the defect.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in all Scrum Ceremonies and tested each Sprint delivers.
Environments: Java, Maven, JIRA, Agile Scrum