Hazel Hyunji Kim
email@example.com — 347-***-****
Programming Languages: Java(Most Fluent), Python(Most Interested), R, HTML, CSS Skills: Problem Solving, Deep Learning, Multithreading, Data Tidying/Visualization, Web Scraping, Web Dev, Git Visa Status: F-1 Student Visa, applying for OPT for STEM Major (Available to work without visa sponsor for 3 years)
Kalamazoo College Graduating Nov 2019, Kalamazoo, MI B.A. in Computer Science and Political Science (Major GPA: 3.3)
• Kalamazoo College Founder’s Scholar (with four-year merit-based scholarship)
• Teaching Assistant at Computer Science Department (Sep 2018 - present)
- Assisted labs for Data Structures and Algorithms in Java.
- Mentored cumulatively 30 students’ scientiﬁc computing projects using Python to implement MatPlotLib, K-Means Clustering, Random Walks, and more.
• Top 8.3 % in Korea College Scholastic Ability Test Mathematics Type B (Math I, Math II, Integral Calculus & Statistics, Geometry & Vectors)
Software Engineering Intern
Artiﬁcial Intelligence Research Jul 2019 – Aug 2019, Seoul, Korea
• Tested web application server for anticipating trial results based on historical Supreme Court cases.
• Built and trained multi-layer neural network models by implementing gradient descent using PyTorch to minimize the errors resulted from the data bias.
Software Engineering Intern
VisTracks Jul 2018 – Aug 2018, Chicago, IL
• Debugged and developed the iOS mobile application for drivers to get notiﬁed appropriate driving regulations depending on their locations.
• Translated Java Android mobile application code to Apple Swift language in Xcode.
• Enhanced sorting algorithms to load the user’s location faster.
• Developed application features to collect and store the users' input data from frontend to the backend. Data Analyst Intern
Seoul Metropolitan Government Jul 2017 – Aug 2017, Seoul, Korea
• Simulated expected patterns of Seoul's Culture Night event participants through statistical approaches such as Bernoulli and Poisson Processes, and Markov Chains.
• Suggested better strategies to advertise the events by drafting the outcome analysis on R Studio.
Software Engineering with Deep Learning (2019)
• Identiﬁed the aspects of AI domain that make it fundamentally different from traditional software application. Parallel Algorithms Using Supercomputer Zigwe (2019)
• Compared the discrete and fast Fourier transform algorithms with and without parallel computing.
• Used high-performance, 52-multiprocessor supercomputer “Zigwe” to implement MPI and OpenMP in C++. BLAST Java Programming (2017)
• Implemented bioinformatic program to detect biologically signiﬁcant DNA sequence similarities within a large stream of DNA data.
Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)
• Young Generation with Outstanding Career Development (Chicago, 2019)
• Young Generation with Outstanding Career Experience (New York, 2018) Personal Website: hazelhkim.github.io