Provide positive strategic direction and leadership in a challenging environment. Promote and increase, safety, quality, delivery and efficiency through 5S, Lean manufacturing and Statistical process control to better serve, internal/external customers and the shareholders.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree, Management and Organizational Leadership (MMOL) - Warner Pacific College, Portland, OR – May 2012 Bachelor of Business Administration, (BBA) - Warner Pacific College, Portland, OR – May, 2010
CornerstoneOnline N.P.O. – A non-profit organization with three sites and a total of 75,000 square feet of facilities to manage. Approximately $10M is gross funds are raised each year. We have a fluctuating staff of 50-65 employees
Director of Facilities 11/17 – Present
First year reduced operating budget by 7% $500,000.00 operations budget
Work with 11 different departments and 3 sites to meet needs.
Manage facilities team for multiple sites
Handle all outside vendor relationships
Works with Safety and security team
Wastebuilt Environmental – Private Equity owned, specializes in fabrication and construction of all types of waste containers, i.e. compactors, balers, dumpsters, and hazardous waste containment with $10M sales.
Plant Manager 10/16 – 11/17
● P&L responsibility of 35,000 sqft facility on 5 acre property.
● 4 direct reports and 60 indirect reports.
● Implemented S.O.P. Visual management, total quality management and shared accountability programs.
Moved operating profit margin from 9.5% to 18.5% in less than a year
One Job after implementing new process exceeded 38% profit.
M.P.P. – Privately held paint, construction and restoration company, annual sales of $5M. Superintendent - Project Manager 3/16-9/16
● Managed largest project in Metzger history, 1.2mil dollar commercial project completed ahead of schedule and under budget. This project made up 25% of gross annual sales with a 20% net/net profit.
● Responsible for inventory management.
● Material and Labor analysis of each project.
● Schedule labor, inspect work, ensure quality, liaise with customer.
● Manage and develop a mixed number of subcontractors to the Metzger way.
- Work with city inspectors on commercial jobs, total job ownership.
RFSC - Privately held shutter and blind manufacturer. 40,000 square feet facility and annual sales of $10M. Sold business and closed doors
General Manager (10/14-3/16) P/L responsibility for all functions of the manufacturing and sales with 5 direct reports & 75 employees.
● Implemented S.O.P., Visual Management, Total quality management and shared accountability programs. Through lean manufacturing practices.
● Led and trained supervision on Lean manufacturing practices.
● Through waste removal and efficiency improvement increased margin by 7.5%
Norgren - Publicly held global tier 1 automotive manufacturing facility.
Production Manager (7/2013-10/2014) Responsible for manufacturing management of over $50M in annual sales to automotive customers. Drive change and led culture from privately owned to publicly owned operation.
● Converted 17 assembly lines to U-shape cells, gained 17,000 square feet.
● Implemented shared accountability, and lean manufacturing processes.
● Provide mentorship, coaching and development for 5 direct reports and seven departments to strengthen bench.
Microchip - Publicly held global influencer in the semiconductor industry. Senior Supervisor – 7/12-7/13
Responsible for multiple departments with 3 junior supervisors and 9 leads.
● Coach supervisors on performance improvement.
● Lead manufacturing initiatives with engineers and supervisors.
● Help write and adapt employee manual with senior team.
● Report production output, maintenance, inventory and quality concerns to upper management daily.
Toyo Tanso - Japanese held graphite composites CNC & processing facility. With 220 employees and 60,000 square feet and $55M annually in sales.
Continuous Improvement Manager 3/10-8/12 (CMI) Responsible for site improvement initiatives across all departments.
● Increased operating footprint by 10% or 6,000 square feet.
● Reduced average processing time by 7% or 2.8 hours per part.
● Opened 3 new positions as a labor savings result.
P.C.C Structurals (XRI) industries 3/01- 10/09
A fortune 200 aerospace company specializing in casting aircraft parts for both the commercial sector and the military. This was a low mix high output facility dealing with specialty work for items for the F-22 raptor, Boeing 777 and some space shuttle casts. Titanium being the main metal used in most casts.
Technical floor lead (2001-2003) Oversee process of casts through the NDT process and assist technicians when having problems processing parts.
Floor supervisor (2003-2006) Manage 3 direct reports and 18 employees, oversee process and throughput for each shift.
oManage schedules of product with staff
oComplete quarterly 1 on 1’s with staff.
oCoach mentor and help train new employees
oPartake in interview and hiring process
oInitiate discharge of employees when necessary.
Backend coordinator 2006-2009
oManage entire backend of casting process in the NDT department
oManage systems and people to meet daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual production goals.
oImplement lean systems and practices to achieve goals
oLead Kaizen events
oDevelop new techniques on processing castings in the NDT department.
U. S. Army - E4 corporal (1/86-1/90) – Graduated from the US Army’s Airborne school, Air Assault school and Jungle school. I completed cold weather training in Italy along with French Commando training in Germany. I finished my military career on the All Army Wrestling team.