Phone: 315-***-****; Email: email@example.com
Quality-oriented individual with over 20 years experience in quality, manufacturing, continuous improvement, safety and human resources; a team player with a penchant for well-executed systems; a professional who values strong customer relationships - external and internal. Career Objective: Leadership role for a progressive, customer-focused organization. NEENAH PAPER, Lowville, NY November 2008 to October 2019 Quality Manager - responsible for management of quality system for decorative coated paper manufacturer, supplier quality relations, customer relations, standards management, risk management, CAPAs for internal and external complaints, & quality project management. Accomplishments:
• Cut customer complaints in half within 4 years.
• Created supplier review system to signiﬁcantly reduce raw material non-conformances
• Developed internal non-conformance reporting system to achieve desired internal/external complaint ratio.
• Aided in implementation of new products through FMEA and control plan development. Introduced workforce to data-based quality improvements using Pareto charts, ﬁshbone diagrams, etc. to highlight and eliminate constraints.
• Co-lead plant safety committee and auditing activities. ELLIOTT MANUFACTURING Binghamton, NY May 2007 – November 2008 Continuous Improvement Leader
Lead lean manufacturing and quality management efforts Accomplishments:
• Increased production throughput by up to 66% with up to $86,000 in annual savings.
• Implemented TPM to increase OEE by 30%.
• Escalated the lean culture by maintaining a schedule of one kaizen event per week.
• Established and maintained focus on 8 types of waste, lean metrics, one piece ﬂow, kanbans and takt time to maximize throughput potential.
• Established quality systems such as PPAP implementation and vendor scorecards.
• Oversaw successful surveillance audits to ISO9001 and AS9100 standards. TYCO HEALTHCARE Oriskany Falls, NY August 2005 – May 2007 Production Supervisor
Responsible for management of one of the three major production departments, directly supervising 40 employees.
• Achieved overall operating efficiency of over 100%.
• Achieved department safety record of no recordable incidents.
• Completed process improvement projects yielding $60,000 in annual savings.
• Conducted quality audits as a member of the plant Quality Audit Team.
• Successful experience with FDA/GMP and ISO9000 audits. REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY Ilion, NY July 2000 – March 2005 Training and Employee Relations Supervisor
Training and development, employee relations, Affirmative Action, internship programs, team facilitation and safety support.
• Initiated quality and lean manufacturing initiatives and achieved measurable goals such as a 40% improvement in OEE in 4 months.
• Created standard operating procedures and training checklists for over 450 different jobs to facilitate on-the-job training. Created skills inventory system for plant of 1,100 employees cutting the time required to ﬁll vacancies internally.
• Created skilled trades apprenticeship programs recognized and approved by NYS DOL.
• Obtained over $400,000 in state grant funding for training by working with State and County officials.
• Initiated behavior-modiﬁcation safety program contributing to improvements in safety statistics. REYNOLDS METALS COMPANY (now Alcoa) Massena, NY June 1984 – June 2000 Human Resources Representative, May 1995 – June 2000 Responsible for training and development of 750 employees. Programs included ISO 9000 compliance, labor-management partnerships, hiring, and performance management Accomplishments:
• Created and maintained training/qualiﬁcation system to comply with ISO 9000 standards enabling the plant to acquire otherwise unobtainable contracts from automotive companies.
• Created system for performance management of salaried employees Quality Assurance Specialist, June 1984 – May 1995 Duties included Statistical Process Control implementation and training, performing; inspecting and testing ﬁnished products.
• Introduced Total Quality Management concept for continuous improvement and team facilitation
• Established SPC program for product quality and process improvement applications
• DDI trainer (Leadership Development and Performance Management) EDUCATION
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology SUNY College of Technology, Utica, NY
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology SUNY Morrisville College, Morrisville, NY
ASQ Certiﬁed Quality Engineer (CQE) 1989-1993
SHRM Professional of Human Resources (PHR) 2000-2003 DDI Trainer for leadership development and performance management LEAD Facilitator and LEAD Leader certiﬁcations from Actuant Corp. ADDITIONAL TRAINING
Lean Manufacturing: Value Stream Mapping; SMED; 5S-Workplace Organization; Pull Systems; Lean Simulation; Lean Enterprise
Total Quality Management; Statistical Process Control; Design of Experiments Team Facilitation Skills; Training Effectiveness Evaluation; HR Laws in New York Developing Affirmative Action Programs; SHRM 30-hour PHR Preparatory Course Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations - completed Certiﬁcate of Human Resources Certiﬁcation comprised of six courses cGMP for Pharmaceutical Production Supervisors – 3-day course Quality Auditing; Project Management
Additional information and personal references available upon request.