Project Billing Invoicing Assistant - Progressive Life Center
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Efficient with accounting projects while striving to meet organization goals. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Project Billing Invoicing Assistant
Progressive Life Center - Washington, DC
August 2015 to September 2019
• Specialize in providing support for the accounting team at PLC.
• My role consists of processing employee expense vouchers in Excel.
• Assisting the team in Accounts Payable processing.
• Doing cost reimbursement billing to recover company's funds used on projects.
• Reconciling program expenses, allocating them to the correct accounts codes. Accounting Coordinator (Contractor)
Prince William County Government - Manassas, VA
February 2014 to November 2014
• Responsibilities included, tracking expenditures in Excel.
• Entering employee expense vouchers and AP transactions in to the accounting system.
• Providing customer service to clients by phone and email.
• Issuing refund checks to vendors for overpayment.
• Reconciling customers account statements.
DRS Technologies - Herndon, VA
August 2012 to November 2013
Compiled support documents such as disbursements reports, cash and labor reports for Department of Defense review.
• Verifying expenses of ICIDS Travel projects for accuracy. Accounting Technician (Contractor)
Department of Health Human Services - Rockville, MD August 2005 to January 2011
• Posted payments to the Oracle accounting system and reconciled accounts in Excel.
• Researched purchased orders in PRISM to locate awarded funds and modifications to PO's.
• Scheduled payments and prepare checks for vendors.
• Mailed out 1099 forms at the end of year.
• Solving problems on aged invoices, reconciling accounts and posting adjusting entries.
• Collaborated with the CASU team to better manage the workflow.
• Responding to clients inquires by phone or email. Senior Accounting Clerk
Parsons Transportation Group - Washington, DC
November 1998 to February 2004
• Downloading bank reports daily.
• Providing a summary of cash to manager on a weekly basis.
• Posted receipts and payables to the AS400 accounting software.
• Allocating expenses on large accounts such FedEx and American Express.
• Researching, filing and providing switchboard relief for receptionist. KPMG Peat Marwick
• Processing a high volume of AP vouchers and heavy customer service. Education
Northern Virginia Community College - Annandale, VA September 2015 to December 2016
AS400 (3 years), Excel. (10+ years), JD Edwards (Less than 1 year), Lawson (Less than 1 year), Oracle
• Excel, MAS90, Oracle, Lawson, Solomon, Prism, AS400, JD Edwards, and Blackboard.