THOMAS G. FAHERTY, CSP
International Health and Safety Professional with 20+ years’ experience in a variety of industries, including Oil
& Gas (onshore and offshore), Energy & Mining, and Chemicals. Extensive experience implementing Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) Management Systems at the Headquarters and site location levels. Committed to implementing effective safety cultures by collaborating with both management and field employees to understand the importance of individual integrity and accountability.
• Training in all aspects of Safety
• Emergency Response
• Risk Assessment
• Audits / Inspections
• Safety Professional of the Year Award
(ASSE - Tulsa)
• Vendor / Contractor Onboarding and
• HSE Management System Implementation
• Industrial Hygiene
WPX ENERGY, Tulsa, Oklahoma 2012 – 2018
Upstream Oil & Gas Exploration and Production company spun off from Williams. Safety Specialist Staff (most senior HSE position)
• Responsible for HSE onboarding of 700+ Vendors / Contractors for all operational basins via Contractor Management companies like Rigup.com and PEC Safety.
• Managed 33 floor wardens to serve employees on 9 floors in tallest office tower in downtown Tulsa; organized floor warden safety training, as well as Fire Extinguisher, First Aid, CPR and AED Training.
• Developed escalating emergency scenarios each year for annual Crisis Management Plan training.
• Established and facilitated HSE Technical Training for approximately 100 employees that travel from the headquarters office to the operational basins.
• Organized and coordinated optional Smith System driver training, including roll out and tracking with a 90% completion rate.
WILLIAMS, Tulsa, Oklahoma 2005 - 2011
Exploration & Production Business Unit
Senior Safety Engineer
• Facilitated one of the first urban risk assessments of drilling & production operations of the Barnett Shale in and around the Ft. Worth metropolitan area.
• Primarily responsible for implementing the company’s HSE Management System within the Arkoma
(Southeast Oklahoma) and Barnett Shale (Ft. Worth, Texas) operational basins including safety training, site surveys, contractor management, program development, HSE audits, incident investigations, and regulatory compliance.
• Coordinated and hosted at least two contractor safety meetings per year in each basin.
• Conducted drilling rig surveys in Pennsylvania and North Dakota. RESOURCE SAFETY CONSULTANTS, INC. Tulsa, Oklahoma 1994 – 2005 Owner - Formed Resource Safety Consultants, Inc. to provide high quality, affordable risk control services to businesses.
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM OF QATAR Doha, Qatar (2002 – 2005)
• Implemented company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management System at that location.
• Developed on-site audit systems associated with company’s onshore and offshore subcontractors.
• Managing company’s contractor safety and near miss incentive award programs. THOMAS G. FAHERTY, CSP
6705 South Redbud Ave. • Broken Arrow, Oklahoma 74011 • 918-***-**** • email@example.com EXXON MOBILE Doha, Qatar (2001 – 2002)
• Worked with world’s largest Middle East Joint Venture LNG Company to achieve the corporate vision of
“Nobody Gets Hurt” during their offshore drilling operations in Doha, Qatar.
• Developed bridging documentation as required. This includes land-based drilling activities at LNG plant site and integration of drilling HSE systems into the offshore operating framework.
• Developed a Well Control Incident Response Plan for drilling and producing operations and update existing documentation for drilling activities.
• Supported SimOps activities with documentation, training, controls and interfaces. Included drilling at plant site, drilling with derrick barge nearby, drilling over topsides, tree rebuilds, and related activities. OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM OF BANGLADESH Dhaka, Bangladesh (1999 - 2001)
• Assisted major U. S. Oil Company implement the HSE policies and procedures for their natural gas exploration, production and processing operations in Bangladesh, including supervision of three expatriate field safety staff and professional development of a national safety advisor. OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM OF QATAR Doha, Qatar (1995 – 1998)
• Assisted in the implementation of a comprehensive HSE Management System for the offshore exploration and production start-up operations in Qatar.
• Researched HSE best practices in other countries to identify best fit and implement to develop the Management System.
MARSH & McLENNAN PROTECTION CONSULTANTS, Tulsa, Oklahoma 1988 - 1994 Marsh & McLennan Protection Consultants (M&MPC) is the largest insurance related Risk and Hazard Control consulting firm in the nation. M&MPC is the technical risk management resource of Marsh & McLennan, Inc. Assistant Vice President - Risk Management and Hazard Control
• Developed and implemented a corporate-wide Safety Management Program for an U.S. subsidiary of a German manufacturer. Program reduced the annual number of injuries and illnesses by 40%.
• Assisted Risk Control Department in reduction of theft losses at 300 convenience stores for corporation located in Mexico.
• Assisted offshore drilling contractor in reducing Workers Compensation and Jones Act costs associated with employee injuries.
M.Sc., Industrial Safety – University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Missouri B.Sc., Industrial Safety – University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Missouri Certified Hazard Control Manager (Master Level)
Certified Safety Professional
American Society of Safety Engineers (20+ years)
American Industrial Hygiene Association (14 years)