ADDRESS **** ****** ***** ********, ** 55379
HOME PHONE 952-***-****
Skills & Coursework
• I have a solid understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, pathology, pharmacology, phlebotomy and psychology.
• I have also gained the knowledge and skills of direct patient care and procedures, such as; measuring vital signs, administering injections, performing venipuncture, and using electronic medical records, through extensive in-class training and externship.
• I have developed great customer service skills, am great in handling difficult situations, and like to create a friendly, safe, and great working environment for all staff members and patients.
Education and Certifications
Associate’s Degree of Applied Science at Rasmussen College- Medical Assisting March/2012- December/2013
First Aid, CPR, and HIPAA Certified
CLIA and OSHA
Instrument Sterilization Certified
Laboratory Skills for Medical Assisting
Medical Office Procedures
Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II
Medical Law & Ethics
Pharmacology for the Allied Health Professional
Clinical Skills I & II
Work History (Previous to Most Recent)
Arby's - Buffalo, MN Aug/2008- June/2011
• I trained all new employees and handled both customer service and complaints or compliments.
• Necessary cleaning duties including: washing dishes, sweeping, moping, and sterilizing instruments. Other skills include: Taking orders, running the drive thru window, handling money at the cash register, counting the cash drawers, and filing all necessary closing and opening paper work.
Pacsun - Eden Prairie, MN April/2011- August/2011
Lead Sales/ Associate Manger
• Acted as first point of contact for customers in store, while answering store phone call, and managed inventory for shipping and receiving.
•Performed with high energy, gave quality customer service, and consistently went above and beyond work expectations.
River Valley YMCA - Prior Lake, MN Sep/2011- Aug/2012
• Cared for children from 6 weeks to 6 years of age. I actively interacted with and taught behavioral, cognitive, and other learning skills.
• Arranged long walks, trips to playscape, and prepared art and sensory activities.
Minnesota Gynecology & Aesthetics - Wayzata, MN April/2013- June/2013
• Successfully completed my 240 clinical hours for my externship
• Gained knowledge and experience in the Gynecology and Aesthetics field
• I furthered my skills in venipuncture’s, vitals, injections, consultations, and customer service, all while using correct medical terminology, and staying within my scope of practice.
OBGYN & Infertility- Edina, MN Oct/2016-Nov/2016
Certified Medical Assistant-NCCT
Acted as first point of care for patients by verifying patient information while interviewing patient, recording their medical history, and confirming purpose of visit, measuring vitals and obtaining any blood specimens.
My responsibilities preceded first point of care by performing in house lab tech duties such as UAs, Hemoglobin, 1-hour glucose, 3-hour glucose and ICT stool samples and sending them to LabCorp. As well as stocking and autoclaving any instruments, and keeping all clinic logs up-to-date.
Allina Health Family Practice - Edina, MN March/2014- July/2016
Allina Health Mental Health - Minneapolis, MN Feb/2017-May/2017
Certified Medical Assistant- NCCT
I worked for a not-for-profit organization committed to enriching my career by providing ongoing patient care; meanwhile supporting my work-life balance and learning new ways to give back to the communities we serve. I was a leader of our Annual Community Giving Campaign and provided our patients with professional and courteous care.
My skills include: Vitals, data entry, chart verification, updating via EMR and obtaining pertinent health information (chief complaint, updating medications, allergies etc). Other skills include injections, EKGs, spirometry, instrument sterilization, ensuring proper stocking, cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of the facility exam rooms and all equipment.
I have great responsibility with clerical duties, phone calls, scheduling appointments, managing forms, completion of prior authorization if necessary using Navinet, and discharging patients and educating on proper instructions.
CVS Health – Minnetonka, MN Oct/2018-Feb/2019
Medical Assistant (Contract Position)
Working directly with patients obtaining and verifying Insurance information and patient demographics.
Rooming patient by obtaining vitals, updating patient medications, and allergies. Other skills include giving injections.
Park Nicollet- Shakopee, MN March/2019-Aug/2019
My skills include: Vitals, data entry, chart verification, updating via EMR and obtaining pertinent health information (chief complaint, updating medications, allergies etc). Other skills include injections, spirometry, instrument sterilization, ensuring proper stocking, cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of the facility exam rooms and all equipment.
I was cross trained in Pediatrics, where I did all the skills listed above with the addition to completing cognitive and developmental forms, and sports physical forms.