GENEVIE ATIENZA GAPPI
AREAS OF EXPERTISE PERSONAL SUMMARY
Seasonal dishes A calm, pleasant, helpful and hardworking individual who has a passion for great
food and who enjoys cooking mouth watering dishes. Genevie gets a real buzz out
Cooking methods of working in a busy kitchen, and great pleasure out of seeing happy faces enjoying
a good meal that she has cooked. As a natural leader she is not only able to give
Implementing recipes orders and delegate tasks, but is also able to reliably carry out orders as well. As a
experienced Chef she has a proven track record of making great food that will
Preparing meals entice diners and leave them wanting more. She loves the freedom of expression
that cooking gives her and is willing to work hard to build a career in the culinary
Food preparation world. Right now, she is looking for a suitable position with a company that wants to
recruit talented and enthusiastic individuals.
MANILA POLO CLUB – The Last Chukker October 2018 – Present
Food costings Makati City, Philippines
Working as part of a team of highly motivated Chefs. Responsible for the efficient
running of the cold kitchen area, and directly in charge of preparation of di shes &
food which served in the dining hall, cafeteria, events and catering.
Creative flair - Cooking up tasty, nutritious and well-balanced meals for customers.
- Assisting in the basic preparation of food under the supervision of the Head Chef.
Self-motivated - Deciding on the quantities of food to be cooked and size of portions to be served.
- Creating dishes for clients with special dietary or cultural needs.
Determined to learn - Making sure that kitchen staff always wear appropriate clothing and head wear in
accordance with the relevant guidelines.
Good communicator - Negotiating with sales representatives on the price of orders and supplies.
- Maintaining the correct level of fresh, frozen and dried foods in the store room.
IL PADRINO CAFFE & RISTORANTE January 2014 – September 2018
B5, L22 E. Florencio St. Bethel Homes Subd.
Quezon City, Philippines
Guitnang Bayan 2, San Mateo, Rizal,
Responsible for setting up menus, studying recipes and preparing high-quality dishes.
Date of Birth: 7th July 1980
Able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely
manner. Familiar with sanitation regulations.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knifes, pans and kitchen
- Study each recipe & gather all necessary ingredients & inform staff daily specials.
Nationality : Filipino
- Cook food in timely manner & delegate tasks to kitchen staff.
- Supervise cooks & assist as needed. Ensure appealing plate presentation.
- Monitor food stock & place order. Check freshness of food discard out-of-
GINNY’S CATERING SERVICES Jan. 1997-Feb 2003 & Oct 2003-Aug 2013
Calamba City, Philippines
Trainee Line Cook/Cook/Supervisor
Responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager. Also
handle, store and rotate all the products properly. Responsible for planning with the
client’s events. Familiar with sanitation regulations.
- Perform cooking in timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff.
- Supervise cooks & assist as needed.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet client’s needs & requests.
- Monitor food stock & place order.
- Check freshness of food discard out-of-date items.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knifes, pans and
THE TANGLIN CLUB March – September 2003
Stevens Road, Singapore
Familiar on different culture particularly Western, Indian & Chinese cuisine.
Responsible for serving specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as
baked goods or sandwiches to patrons. Responsible for arranging formal dining,
semi-formal & casual bar restaurant.
- Prepare or serve hot & cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended
coffees, or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment. Clean service or seating areas.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads. Receive & process
- Set up or restock product display.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong desire to instill good practice.
- Mentoring, training and supporting junior chefs.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy goods and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to communicate well with both superiors and subordinates.
- Can accurately estimate food and labor costs.
- Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the cooking & food preparation
University of Perpetual Help Rizal June 1997 – March 2002
Calamba City, Philippines
Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Management
Dusit Thani Hotel (Dusit Hotel Nikko) March-May 2001
Makati City, Philippines
On the Job Training - OJT
(Assigned in Food & Beverage / Exposed in Appropriate Decorum)
CONVERGYS Nuvali March 2013
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
Customer Service Training (Short Course)
The Last Chukker/Supevisor