DAMIEN R. SHYNE
Professional, Microsoft Certified System Center Administrator, ITIL Foundation and career IT Desktop & Systems Engineer. Proficient in multiple disciplines including VMWare VCP6 & Horizon 7, VDI Desktop Infrastructure & UAG, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manger, MDM; including Airwatch & Intune, Endpoint Encryption technologies, Office 365 Administration, VPN technologies, Lead Desktop Engineering, Microsoft Systems Administration/Troubleshooting and Project Management. Strengths include critical thinking and resolution of high-profile issues under pressure, demonstrating technology in a concise manner, providing leadership in interdepartmental projects, software automation and rollouts through streamlined training methods and communicating effective solutions. Previous experience includes disaster recovery and contingency planning, disk encryption technologies, and VPN configuration. Experienced in procurement of, and budgeting for capital expenditures relating to IT refresh and IT special projects as well as providing interdepartmental cost to benefit analysis of business hardware resources and applications.
November 2018 – August 2019 NORC @ the University of Chicago – Chicago, IL
Systems Engineer – Focus on SCCM & Virtualization
• Manage in interim and coordinate a team of Windows and Microsoft SCCM administrators to support projects and current needs of the environment.
• Managed Hyper-V & VDI Development Environment for testing of custom and standard applications. Utilized VDI Instant Clones as well as RDSH application pools. User Profile Management. Installation of connection servers and security gateways.
• Developed and deployed Windows Golden Image for deployment to VDI and physical upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Provided lockdowns to customized images based on separate project-based deployment parameters
• Create and implement upgrades to the current environment within the scope of Configuration Manager, GPO, and WSUS.
• Responsible for creation of knowledge base articles, documenting, publishing, and communicating policies and processes that impact the life cycle
• Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining overall client and server health for entire VDI Desktop & SCCM infrastructure and providing metrics.
• Designed, implemented and documented WSUS/SUP solution for Microsoft Security patch compliance. Packaged, advertised and deployed third party security updates
• Created custom SQL queries and reports to assist with Microsoft licensing reconciliation
• Administer Microsoft SCCM 2012 environment, including creating or editing security groups, application deployments (collections, advertisements, task sequences, and PowerShell scripts), patch management, general troubleshooting, log analysis, upgrade and recommendations on current infrastructure.
May 2018 – October 2018 Addison Group – Chicago, IL
• Perform proactive system monitoring, verifying the integrity, availability and performance of the infrastructure environment, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs (backups, patch management and firmware upgrades Etc.)
• Identify, diagnose and correct issues related to system services, operating systems, software, utilities, O365/SCCM/Azure environments and other ancillary services
• Address and resolve critical issues after hours including notification, escalation and coordination across the organization which includes remote offices and acquisitions
• Configure and setup monitoring on new systems and devices added to the network
• Create and maintain system documentation for organizational technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps
•Address level 3 help desk incidents and escalations during business and after hours
•Regularly communicate status of incidents and requests with customers and stakeholders as dictated by the severity and circumstances of the LAN/WAN, telephony and server incident. Generate monthly incident status reports.
August 2016 – May 2017 Brooksource – Chicago, IL
VDI Desktop Engineer for R1 RCM
• On premises analysis, diagnosis and remediation of hybrid infrastructure desktop related issues
• Developed VDI images and user profiles to current Workstation images; tests, evaluates, and packages software and applications for workstation distribution using SCCM, WDS and App-V where applicable
• Creation of task sequences, OS deployments and patching, critical updates and app deployments.
• Assists end users with desktop operation, including both hardware and software, for both Apple and Windows OS; provides employee training and instructions regarding basic operation of software and hardware, technical support, and quality standards.
• Administers creation of IT accounts and computer systems and offers continued support.
• Collaborates with 3rd level support to prevent system downtime.
• Collaborates, designs and architects’ infrastructure using latest technologies.
• Documents and outlines processes and procedures for maintenance and support.
• Executes, documents and maintains desktop security standards as per IT security policies.
• Acts as escalation point for level 3 support issues for branch locations
May 2015 – July 2016 Zensar Technologies – Chicago, IL
Desktop Engineer for American Medical Association
• Continued Role as Desktop Engineer for Managed Services Provider
August 2014 – May 2015 Geneva Technical Services – Chicago, IL
Desktop Engineer Consultant for American Medical Association
• Primarily provided expert tier 2 software, desk side support as well as Tier 3 when applicable.
• Created and managed of AD accounts, organizational units, Exchange mailboxes and email accounts.
• Drafted training and technical documentation.
• Maintained Enterprise Vault accounts and the troubleshooting of Outlook EVault plugin.
• Proficient in the deployment of virtual applications
• Support/Subject Matter Expert of the following technologies: Microsoft Office products, Microsoft SCCM, McAfee ePO, Citrix NetScaler Director, Juniper Networks Pulse VPN client, Symantec Ghost
• Performed triage of Incidents and Service Requests via appropriate escalation path and total call ownership.
• Supplied installation, maintenance, updates and support of all applications, systems and software.
• Supported remote access platforms such as VPN and Citrix Xenapp.
• Provided support and maintenance of drive level encryption hardware using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO).
• Proficient with infrastructure systems monitoring via SCOM and Nagios.
September 2011 – March 2014 Seyfarth Shaw, LLP – Chicago, IL
Sr. Service Desk Analyst
• Assisted Managing Partners and other Director level staff in prompt resolution of time sensitive issues.
• Consistently lead Service Desk in monitoring, operations, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents.
• Acquired strong command of various software applications used extensively at the law firm, including SharePoint front end, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Citrix Management Console, iMangage Filesite Document Management and Symantec Management Console.
• Legal Applications include Lexis Nexis Suite; Casemap, Textmap, and Carpe Diem time capture software.
April 2010 – August 2011 Gateway Foundation – Chicago, IL
Sr. Desktop Support Specialist
• Maintained a high level of support for all level staff including Executive level staff.
• Interdepartmental coordination of third party vendor purchases, work order scheduling, and pricing.
• Provided desk side software and hardware expertise and troubleshooting.
• Project management and coordination of staff during multiple software and hardware rollouts.
• Created and maintained network and user accounts using MS Active Directory.
• Resolved Desk Side and Service Desk calls consistently, effectively, and in a timely manner.
• Supported approximately 1,000 end users in five Chicagoland locations.
March 2006 – July 2010 Ball Horticultural Company – West Chicago, IL
Sr. Desktop Support Technician
• Managed all inbound Service Desk calls using MS SharePoint issue ticket tracking.
• Performed the installation and configuring of all software platforms including development and third party platforms.
• Maintained SharePoint workspaces and cross-trained with developers to maintain portal for clients.
• Created and implemented Microsoft DFS packages, MS VBScripts, Windows XP and Windows 7 ghost images.
• Delivered remote user support using Citrix, Cisco VPN.
• Supplied MS Active Directory and Exchange user management.
• VMWare VCP6-DCV
• VMWare Horizon 7
• Microsoft SCCM Specialist
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• Microsoft Office 365 Specialist
• Office 365 Consultant
• Certified Microsoft Office 2010 Specialist
• ITIL Foundation
• Certified HDI Help Desk Analyst