Self-motivated university graduate with a Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology and Criminology and critical experience of six years in customer-oriented services EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts: Sociology, Criminology and Socio-Legal Studies November 2017 University of Toronto
Exchange Program Certificate: Legal Studies, European and International Law August 2017 Goethe University of Frankfurt
• Communication skills
• Team player
• Extremely organised
• Microsoft Office
• 55 WPM
• Outlook Expertise
• Adobe Photoshop
• Report Writing
• Cash Handling & Management
• POS Systems
English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Knowledge of German (Certification in Level I) WORK HISTORY
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) 11/2018 to Current Indus Community Services – Mississauga, Canada
• Assist staff with clerical duties such as filing, data entry, photocopying, faxing, incoming and outgoing mail
• Analyse departmental documents for appropriate distribution and filing, while handling confidential information with discretion and demonstrated customer focus with professionalism
• Perform initial client assessment and analysis to begin research process.
• Oversee calendar maintenance, appointment scheduling and expense report preparation, and provide time sensitive documents to executive-level staff and managers for daily review.
• Utilize excellent communication and customer service skills to visitors. Guest Experience Leader, Cashier, Team Leader, Crew Trainer (Part-Time) 12/2015 to Current McDonald's Restaurants – Brampton, Ontario
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, coupons or automatic debit; issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
• Interact with over 700 customers every day, handling inquiries per day on a variety of topics, including resolving complaints, providing additional product details, and adjusting orders
• Exceed sales goals by 20% through effective up-selling of restaurants’ foodstuff, rewarded by Employee of the Month recognition
• Support store supervisor and swing managers in improving operations and resolving issues to deliver top-notch customer service.
• Train other employees in customer service, food safety and performance requirements by Analysing and interpreting government documents to understand the hygienic delivery of food safety and sanitation Research Assistant Volunteer ` 09/2018 to 03/2019
St. Michael's Hospital – Toronto, Canada
• Develop materials and methods for data collection and analysis
• Skilled at detecting, resolving issues, and understanding and analyzing data, and recorded a professionally reviewed journal of results
• Conduct literature searches, helped in conducting quantitative and qualitative analytical processes of data using SPSS
• Follow-up with a caseload of 300 participants which included administering phone surveys
• Interview houseless youth and adults at Sistering Homeless Shelter and Good Shepard Ministries as part of a research project evaluating transitional housing programs
Campus Brand Ambassador 09/2019 to 10/2019
Study & Go Abroad – Toronto, Canada
• Leverage connections to maximize participation and support of the special events for Canada’s largest international university and travel expos
• Create ongoing dialogue with leaders to collaborate and brainstorm on how to expand, promote, and strengthen the organization and events
• Execute successful social media marketing campaigns and contributed to events by overseeing registration, providing customer service and supporting Conference Managers
• Assist in the tear down of events and programs so that the room space is returned to its original state.
• Staff a helpdesk and answer any question guests may have (assist anywhere between 800-1000 guests) Vice-President – Marketing Associate and Representative 09/2016 to 06/2017 Criminology & Sociology Society, University of Toronto – Mississauga, Ontario
• Provide support and created presentations for prospects meetings and finals presentations
• Create digital marketing strategy that helped the club gain 1,200 Facebook and Twitter followers
• Implement successful email marketing campaign through effective competitor analysis that increased subscription by 20% within one month
• Manage event production and reviewed projects to resolve any quality, delivery or communication issues
• Market and analyze social media responses before and after events through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to effectively reach the target audience
Cashier, Floor Staff & Sales Associate 08/2015 to 10/2016 University of Toronto Bookstore – Mississauga, Ontario
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory to stock store; which includes apparel, food, office and school supplies.
• Process incoming and outgoing packages for campus faculty, staff, and students.
• Assist with managing the floor, boosting employee morale and improving multi-departmental communication.
• Ship and receive books from publishers and companies, and record daily transactions and inventory
• Operate cash register and responsible for register balance and return merchandise, while providing store maintenance of book displays, stock shelves, inventory, and order supplies. Cashier & Sales Associate 01/2014 to 01/2016
Payless Shoe Source – Square One – Mississauga, Ontario
• Participate in the processing of new shipments and helped the team to keep the receiving and back stock area
• Recognized as Associate of the Quarter as a result of documented customer satisfaction by meeting 100% of the sales goals and history of excellent job performance
• Adhere to safety and security policies. Recognizes security risks and thefts and is aware of how to prevent or handle these situations.
• Coordinate inventory management to ensure that merchandise stays organized in accordance with relevant buying trends and patterns;
• Conduct all aspects of financial transactions including POS, refunds and price adjustments, while maintaining a balanced cash drawer
Travelling, Reading, Volunteering, Photography, Yoga