ANDY MAHMUD, MSME, MSEE, CSTE, CTM, PMP-PMI, PSM
Senior Information Technology Executive
Information Technology professional with experience in the analysis of complex business problems and providing creative solutions through the application of information technology. Worked as an experienced Program Manager, Director of IT and Quality Assurance, Q/A Manage and worked on various Client/Server and Web based applications. Have good knowledge of SDLC, software methodology (CMM/ 6 Sigma) and process development, OOP, Waterfall, Agile and UML techniques. A proactive developer of thriving QA departments, integrating latest technology and tools to become an Award-Winning Leader of product teams; spearhead substantial revenues for many companies. Excel in building organization, guiding enterprise level initiatives, guiding international programs and highly adept in establishing and managing high performance team. Program/Project Manager, Business System Analyst and Professional Scrum Master.
IT Governance IT Transformation
IT Technical Sales Strategic Planning
Contract Management IT Portfolio Management
Cross Functional Leadership Cost Control, P&L and Operation Management
Automation and Agile Implementation Business System Analyst
Quality Assurance System Integration
Program and Project Management Digital Transformation
Scrum and Agile Transformation Disaster Recovery
Process Improvement CI / CD
• M.S. in Manufacturing Engineering UCLA, CA Graduated with Honors
(Minor in Computer Science)
• MS in Engineering PSU, CA Graduated Magna Cum Laude
• B.S. in Engineering NSU, VA Graduated Cum Laude
• Certified Software Test Engineer CSTE
• Certified Test Manager CTM
• Project Management Professional PMP – PMI
• Professional Scrum Master PSM
Testing Tools : UFT, Test Director, Load Runner, JIRA, Silk, PVCS, Sablime, TFS, Visual Studio, Rational ALM-Admin & User, Maxamine, Bugzilla, Collabnet, Omniture, Jira, Selenium Web Driver Languages : C, C++, Html, J-Script, VB-script, XML, TSL, SQL, PL SQL, UNIX Shell Script, Python Internet Technologie : ASP, Java Applets, and Java Servlets, Web logic server, Share Point, Amazon Cloud and Azure Databases : Oracle, Access, RDBMS, Oracle Financial, Siebel, SQL Plus Industries : Wireless, Telephone, Bank, Insurance, Oracle Financial, CRM, Publishing/ Digital Media, Health, Real Estate, Hospital, Education, Mobile, Car Finance, Manufacturing, Retail Methodologies : MS Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, Rational Rose, Case Tools, Clarity Additional Skills : ERP, EDI, CRM, BOT, DEVOPS, Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Travis, Automation Framework, Azure DevOps, CI/CD,
BI Tools : TABLAEU - Development for Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Additional Training : Network Plus, Security Plus, CCNA1, CCNA2, CISSP 2
7-Eleven Corporation, Irvine, TX March 2019 - Present Senior Scurm Master
Working as a Senior Scrum Master with the Data Science/ Artificial Intelligence Team. Involved in Business/Data Understanding, Analysis, Predicting, Feature Engineering, Modeling, Iterate FE to Scale, Run Model Experiments, Model Train/Test, Model Deployment. Infuse all the products and capabilities with Artificial intelligence proactively creating competitive advantage, incremental revenue and in-store operational efficiencies. Area of concentration
• Personalize experience for customers (Delivery and Loyalty programs)- Recommended individualized items to customers, creating unique and differentiated experience.
• Working multiple hat as a Scrum Master/ Project manager and Recruiting manger to hire and stabilize the team need. Was able to reduce more than 3 million dollars in Inventory loss. Increased sales by 7.9 percent a total revenue to net profit of 39million dollar yearly promo income
• Data Monetization- Grow revenue streams from data monetization for various vendors serving 7-eleven stores. Secure funding insights projects leveraging 7Rewardsshopper data and AI-initial evaluation of Fresh Foods and various shopper’s insight.
• CRM/Marketing: Estimate all pipeline for the lifetime value of customers by segment (basket profile), “Just for You” bonus offers based on past consumption behavior and location.
• Ordering AI- Pilot expansion of 58 US and 5 Canadian stores to automate back office operations using RPA. Reimaging inventory replenishment decisions- forecast demand for products to automate inventory ordering in stores.
• Working with the AI/ML team on multiple projects and big data on Azure data bricks environment. Panorama Business Group LLC, Plano, TX January 2018- March 2019 Scrum Master
The firm is strictly involved with design and manufacture of alternative energy solutions, and mobile water treatment machines for both sea and river for desalination as well as turning industrial waste to soft water. Equipment was designed by using the US Dow seawater reverse osmosis membrane selection software and selected the world-renowned brand SPECK piston pump as high-pressure pump, according to user requirements, water consumption, pressure and other indicators and the main characteristics of the system, as well as our company's strong technical force, the company had been marketing in Asia and now America.
• Project planning and management included backlog prioritization, sprint schedule management and risk management
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery which included full implementation from initiation to deployment for several major and minor initiatives simultaneously
• Project reporting included: providing status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership, and reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Stakeholder management including; managing customer expectations for project deliverables, status meetings, and change proposals
• Team management including; managing development team task assignments and holding team members accountable for commitments, coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project and program team
• Deepening the client relationship through actively identifying pre-sales conversations and future project opportunities.
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities for the organization
• Remain engaged in Monitoring, tracking and controlling outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
Exeter Finance, Irving, TX January 2016- January 2018 Program Manager Enterprise Testing Business and IT Reporting directly to the CIO and part of the IT Leadership team. Implemented quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization both Business and IT. Direct both Technical Quality Assurance and Business Process QA Teams within the firm. Enable the strategic testing direction including testing tools, processes, and methods for both software project and ongoing business process activities. Provide leadership and guidance to the team responsible for planning, building, and performing SQA functions for the enterprise to ensure work is completed with high quality and on schedule. Oversaw the QA operations, automation and cultivated 3rd party vendor management and maintenance
• Achieved 30% departmental cost savings by eliminating inefficiencies.
• Created and implemented Quality Assurance and procedure documents to control Risk Managements.
• Saved the company more than 2 million dollar annually custom processing fee for the Servicing department by putting together a home grown portal “My Account” to provide easy access and loan payment
• Advocated DRAGON project which allowed Origination department recovering close to $92000/ week on Dealer Recovery on Missing Equipment and Ancillary product which was getting lost unseen.
• Worked through multiple enhancement and upgrade for Sales Force CRM for Dealer integration and communication purpose on a real time basis.
• Worked closely with product and project managers on the implementation of new projects and infrastructures including operational readiness, change preparation, change execution, and post-change QA validation.
• Directing and managing staff, budgeting for the work group, planning for future resource needs, producing management reports, establishing and ensuring the attainment of objectives and insuring service levels are reached for the work unit/project team.
• Origination of Loan and Service experience – worked on Dragon, Loan Origination MyAccount project for payment processing and loan acceptances process.
• Working on Big Data-Hadoop and ETL process and analysis of Data and correlation between. NYU Langone Medical Center, Manhattan, NY Febuary 2011- January 2016 Agile Transformation
Established and provided leadership to the QA team; made changes in the areas of process, standard, methodology and operation.
• Overhauled portfolio management, project delivery and reporting as well as other IT process areas across all disciplines.
• Orchestrated QA service model and mobilized a testing center of excellence (TCOE).
• Influenced change across 5 key IT process areas and collaborated with stream leaders to deliver improvements by the established timeline.
• Completed 45 projects inhouse & clinical including the $49 million data center migration for the center.
• Increased efficiency and customer satisfaction by 65% with enhanced software and new technology.
• Managed and enterprise digital transformation initiative includes number of products
• Implemented Clinical POR for new technology
• Worked on home grown applications and integration of vendor products to enhance patient experience
• Was managing multiple projects small and big. Few of the projedcts was for two years or longer in Real Estate and major application such as Epic. While others ran for three to eight months. Project consisted of Real Estate management, Clinical, CRM, End User Commmunication, People Soft, Data Center Migraion, Windows Migration etc.
Time Inc. Manhattan, NY March 2007 – January 2011 Senior Program Manager/ Scrum Master
• Managed and Implemented offshore outsourcing program with net savings of $350,000 per month
• Established the companies’ technology road map and best-practiced based IT Organization.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Coordinate and facilitate agile ceremonies, practices and execution across an agile team.
• Promote and coach best practices
• Foster self-organization on the agile team.
• Remove impediments outside of the team’s control.
• Support ruthless improvement within the team, including the product Owner.
• Act as an Agile change agent
• Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and vales to delight customers and fill in the intentional gaps
• Remove impediments and building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear or blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for more than four years for software development team that diligently apply Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge and strong work experience of various tools and techniques that are relevant for the Scrum Master role including JIRA, and SharePoint.
AT&T Global Service, Morristown, NJ September 2006 – Febuary 2007 Q/A Manager
• Hands on Q/A Manager driving process improvements/efficiencies-Help reduction of total Software Development and QA cost by 40% for AT&T and was involved in setting up the entire test process that is System, Pair, End to End UAT and production validation. Mobile ESPN. Manhattan, NY October 2005 – September 2006 Director Release, QA and Configuration
• Responsible for all Release meetings, coordination and Environment control between other MVNE partners Promoted Q/A standards among the software development and product development team. Improved software quality by 50 percent and was successful in reduction of cost for by 30 percent for every release.
• Devised pre and post release activities to meet project deadlines while ensuring quality in our IT business. Successfully developed and implemented enterprise testing methodologies and processes, maintained and managed timely configuration release for UAT and PROD drops, traffic controlled any issue from release back to Q/A for ICA
• Managed B/A and Q/A team for ESPN both on shore and offshore team. Pioneered Vendor Quality Assurance effort and performed conference call/ ensuring all Quality gates are met before moving to solution to integration, MVNE walk through to UA.
MBNA/Bank of America, Wilmington, DE August 2004 – September 2005 Global Manager Delivery
• Provided System Analyst and QA solutions and delivery for critical online banking system Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Clark, NJ [Projects as indicated below] February 1997 – July 2004 5
• Verizon, Freehold, NJ –RM / xRM / Net status -Design and Production support, QA Manager Spearheaded Design, QA and Production support team for xRM- which is a solution designed to automatically generate service orders for the Local Service Requests (LSRs) submitted by Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs). The xRM application starts a multi-step workflow process to generate the service order from the input LSR
• Merlot, Time and Expenses, Toronto, Canada - (Oracle Financial) – QA Manager / Performance Test Lead
Performed Load Testing and Integration for CGE&Y – North America Oracle Internet Time entering time & Oracle Internet Expense (first generation) for entering Time and expenses.
• Swiss Re Health Life Insurance Company, Stamford- QA Manager Delegated and mentored a group of QA testers on cross web-based applications, client/server application.
• SBC Long Distance, Hudson, MA -Software Test Lead Lead on a project for LD Stars Long Distance Services-LD-STARS provided the capability to add/update/delete
• Bell South Broadband CRM, Dunwoody, GA – (Oracle CRM) – Software Test Engineer Successfully worked on the project Bell South Broadband CRM for DSL application.
• GTE, Ameritech, ICG, West- Intercom Access Service Request (ASR) - Software Tester and Analyst Worked on support and enhancement for ASR (Access Service Request) CITIZENSHIP: United States of America