Pharmacy Manager - CVS/Pharmacy
Stockbridge, GA 30281
Licensed pharmacist in Stockbridge, Georgia with PharmD degree and 14 years of experience providing superior pharmacy services in a retail setting. Outstanding interpersonal skills with a track record of establishing positive relationships with customers, pharmaceutical representatives/manufacturers, medical professionals, healthcare organizations and insurance providers. Respected leader, able to train and manage diverse teams to deliver peak performance. Dedicated to providing quality patient care and fast and accurate medication dispensing.
Courtesy Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida - Gainesville, FL
June 2019 to Present
Preceptor 2-5 students and help with their learning plans etc . Pharmacy Manager
2005 to Present
Manage ancillary staff in fulfilling more than 2,500 prescriptions weekly. Consult with physicians and patients with regard to medication dosage, drug interactions, medical equipment, disease management and potential side effects of prescription and OTC medications. Dispense and compound prescriptions, and maintain accurate patient records, dosing information and directions for use. Interact with HMOs and other insurance providers concerning billing/reimbursement issues. Keep abreast of new developments within the pharmaceutical industry. Contributions and Daily functions
● Providing advice about health issues, symptoms and medications in response to customer enquiries,
(ie. first fill counseling, enrollling pts. Automatic refill to increase compliance/adherence)
● Assisting with recruitment and training of crew
● Compounding and dispensing medication according to state board of pharmacy regulations
● Ordering, selling and controlling medicines and other inventory
● Meeting medical representatives discussing new drug treatments
● Managing budgets and achieving sales goals
● Keeping statistical and financial records
● Preparing publicity materials and displays for new innovative marketing services(Active Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Inc., (assist with health fair, zumbathon, senior brown bag)
● Interpreting physicians prescriptions
● Medication Therapy Management Counseling sessions
● Keeping the team aware of new drugs & information
● Teaching the team responsibility & accountability, HIPAA training Hamot Medical Center
• Actively participates in the professional growth and development of new employees, students, and Resident (s).
• Adhere to all regulatory requirements, professional standards of practice, and hospital quality management policies and procedures in providing pharmaceutical care.
• Annually complete continuing education programs related to Pharmacy Practice as a mandatory requirement for maintaining an active license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Audit and maintain accurate records for all controlled subtances. Assure that all controlled substances are stored and dispensed in compliance with Federal, State, and Departmental regulations.
• Communicate with physicians and nurses to insure prompt clarification of orders that are unclear, illegible, or incomplete.
• Fill prescription orders in accordance with State and Federal regulations, utilizing technological resources and equipment.
• Identify and report suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Interpret and evaluate physician orders in order to prepare, calculate, and dispense appropriate medication dosage forms for inpatient and outpatient treatment in accordance with the Pennsylvania Pharmacy Practice Act, Federal Drug Laws, and other regulatory organizations.
• Organize daily operational duties and assist in the supervision of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy aides, student interns and other ancillary personnel involved in providing pharmaceutical care.
• Prepare and dispense intravenous admixture solutions, as required, using aseptic technique in an accepted sterile product preparation area.
• Provide drug information and/or educational programs to healthcare professionals and pharmacy students.
• Responds to arrest codes and participates as required.
• Review medication orders for safe and effective indication, dose, route, and scheduled administration. This monitoring and evaluation is appropriately documented.
• Review, maintain, and screen patient medication records and profiles for allergies, drug interactions and therapeutic duplications while entering orders and/or verifying medications.
• Screen all medication orders for Adverse Drug Reactions/Medication Errors as per Department standards and report through appropriate reporting process.
• Support drug-related research by assisting in the procurement, accountability, storage, preparation, and distribution of investigational/study drugs.
• Sustain the formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchange protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection. Regional Cancer Center, Erie
* Clinical Rotations- Oncology clinical rotations/ drug information Sales Representative
b2b - Greenville, SC
February 2017 to April 2017
Door to door sales
2016 to 2016
Manage ancillary staff in fulfilling more than 1,500 prescriptions weekly. Consult with physicians and patients with regard to medication dosage, drug interactions, medical equipment, disease management and potential side effects of prescription and OTC medications. Dispense and compound prescriptions, and maintain accurate patient records, dosing information and directions for use. Interact with HMOs and other insurance providers concerning billing/reimbursement issues. Keep abreast of new developments within the pharmaceutical industry. Contributions and Daily functions
● Drives sales and profit in the Pharmacy and OTC areas
● Ensures compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for assigned areas
● Ensures confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records as required
● Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
● Oversees the implementation of and participates in community outreach programs and encourages Associates to serve as a good member of the community. Active Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Inc.,
( assist health fairs, clinics etc)
● Provides comprehensive patient care to customers
● Provides supervision and development opportunities for Associates in assigned areas Education
Doctor of Pharmacy degree in Pharmacy
Pharmacy (Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine) 2005
Edinboro University Of Pennsylvania