Medical Billing/Accounts Receivables Specialist
Yonkers, NY 10705
• Contacting Insurance companies to check the status of medical claims and resolve any disputes of payment.
• Reviewing Insurance policies and providers contract rates for procedures performed.
• Working denial reports and writing up appeals for denied claims.
• Correcting claims and updating billing information.
• Knowledge in working with insurance companies provider portals such as NGS, Availity, Navinet, Epaces etc.
• Knowledge with Working with NextGen Sage program, EHR and Gateway clearing house.
• Contacting Workers Comp and No Fault adjusters for claim payment information
• Liaison to council debtors to work out payment plans for overdue Medical Debts
• Processing over the phone payments via Check, Debit, and Credit Card
• Oversee over 3,000 accounts, making outgoing calls to collect and obtain Insurance info
• Checking per Clients for payments
• Scheduling and following up with postdated payments
• Average $75,000-$500,000 per month in collections to help bring profit and growth to company and clients
• Knowledgeable in working with coding systems ICD-9 CM, CPT, and HCPCS
• Familiar with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point and Med iSOFT Program; Data Entry
• Proficient Customer Service Skills
• Proven abilities to detailed work
• Proficient Skills in Processing varies Cash/Credit/Debit/Check Transactions at a High Volume Related Work/Training Experience
• High Volume of outgoing calls.
• Working off a spread sheet and keeping a daily log of workflow.
• Contacting insurance companies to verify if prior authorizations, referrals and/or pre certification is required.
• Reviewing providers contract rates and insurance medical fee schedules.
• Adjusting and processing charges to patients' accounts.
• Adding in charges and billing out claims.
• Accounts Receivables for medical practice (Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurologist, Rheumatologist, and Physical Therapists)
• Writing up Appeals to Insurance companies based on policies and medical necessity.
• Reading and understanding medical notes.
• Collecting for multiple Physicians (Anesthesiologist, Cardiologist, Radiologist, OBGYN's, E.R Providers)
• Faxing and Mailing out Invoices to Debtors, Lawyers, and Guarantors for Payment
• Putting debtors on payment plans to help resolve Overdue debt
• Reporting delinquent accounts to Credit Bureau for non-responsive to letters/calls
• Posting on-line payments
• Noting patients insurance information along with EOB'S to forward information to clients for proper billing
• Four Weeks internship working in Account Payables Office
• Receiving Invoices/ Matching up invoices with receiving slips/Filling away Account Payables
• Processing over 50 invoice transactions into A.C.C.P.A.C Sage System
• Mailing out checks to Vendors/Customers
• Creating Spread Sheets for total amounts paid through-out fiscal time period
• 620 HRS Completed Training, Medical Coding and Billing Certificate Program
• Answering multiple phone lines at a high volume/Directing Calls to different departments to help resolve Customers' needs and concerns
• 3-5 years Customer Service experience working with-in a Retail environment
• Building four-foot display sections for Sales floor in Accordance to Blueprints
• Printing out Signage/Processing Defective item and send back Claims
• Unloading Freight Trucks with over 300+ items of Merchandise according to a 1 hour time process Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Brain and Spine Surgeons of NY - White Plains, NY
February 2016 to Present
Accounts Receivables Specialist
Westchester Health Associates - Katonah, NY
January 2015 to February 2016
National Bureau Collection Corporation - Tarrytown, NY 2013 to 2015
Cashier/Sales Associate/Freight Flow
Dick's Sporting Goods - Yonkers, NY
2011 to 2013
Manpower - White Plains, NY
2010 to 2010
Best Buy - Yonkers, NY
2009 to 2010
Staples - Larchmont, NY
2008 to 2008
Toys R' Us - Yonkers, NY
2007 to 2008
Educational Opportunity Center - Yonkers, NY
Roosevelt High School - Yonkers, NY
Medical Coding and Billing