HIGHLY SKILLED LEADER RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN
PROJECT MANAGER CONTRACT SPECIALIST
El Paso, Texas
Experienced strategist, with passion in delivering sustained results and effective change. Major experience lies in planning, coordinating and leading cross-functional teams to bring about fundamental change and improvement in strategy, process – both as a leader and expert consultant.
16 years 2 months
Division's Engineer Coordinator
August 2014 - September 2017 (3 years 2 months)
Fort Bliss Texas
Served as the Engineer Coordinator of the Organization.
• Daily tracking and reporting of engineer equipment and operations;
• Responsible for work order submissions and maintenance;
• Assisted the engineer officer in charge in construction planning, scheduling, and material
• Coordinated the preparation of operations orders, standing operating procedures and
• Coordinated employment of engineer elements with adjacent departments; Introductory Military Training Instructor
June 2012 - August 2014 (2 years 3 months)
Fort Jackson, South Carolina
• Conducted intensive vocational and motivational training of young men and women.
• Coordinated training resources and support.
• Supervised 4 trainers and instruction in vocational and motivational training of young men and women.
Page 1 of 3
• Evaluated suitability of students for continued enrollment. Maintained discipline and recommended expulsion for those lacking required motivation and aptitude.
• Identified students not making satisfactory progress.
• Counseled students on standards of course and assisted them in mastering technical material.
• Motivated students to succeed and overcome emotional and behavioral problems.
• Supervised 60 students in all aspects of classroom instruction and vocational training.
• Identified morale and motivational problems. Referred individuals for professional counseling
12B Combat Engineer - Manager
February 2007 - June 2012 (5 years 5 months)
FORT HOOD, TEXAS
Principal employee relations advisory and assistant to senior management.
• Directed employee activities to achieve and maintain a highly productive workforce.
• Shared responsibility for employee relations for an organization of workers.
• Evaluated personnel requirements; recommended assignment of workers within the organization.
• Made recommendations to the manager following research on matters including discipline,
reassignment, and promotion and incentive awards.
• Developed special training programs to meet unique needs or resolve problems.
• Evaluated new work requirements, identified required tasks and resources. Assisted in implementing the
process in subordinate organizations.
• Evaluated work in progress and tracked timeliness.
• Resolved conflicts between operating units of the organization.
• Developed and implemented training programs; evaluated instruction and performance outcomes.
• Represented unit director at staff meetings at focal and corporate levels.
• Set policy and determined procedures.
• Enforced safety regulations during hazardous simulated combat training exercises
• Collected, analyzed, and organized military intelligence and submitted verbal and written reports
Page 2 of 3
• Learned and utilized the fundamentals of teamwork, leadership, safety, and quality control
• Mastered advanced soldiering skills such as teamwork, discipline, training, communication, and first aid
• Supported Infantry team in both training and operational activities
• Provided training and mentoring to new personnel
• Utilized compass, aerial photographs, maps, and Intelligence data to determine most effective actions
• Maintained and repaired a variety of weapons and equipment 12 B Combat Engineer - Team Lead
August 2001 - February 2007 (5 years 7 months)
Bamberg Area, Germany
• Received instructions from management and delegated work responsibilities to employees.
• Assisted in planning training and operational activities to ensure a productive work environment.
• Planned and implemented training activities such as classes, workshops, and exercises.
• Set standards for workers. Evaluated job performance and completed evaluation reports.
• Planned and supervised preventive and corrective maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
• Reviewed technical manuals for maintenance and repair work, useful in quality control checks.
• Acted as labor relations advisor to organization manager.
• Helped workers understand responsibilities, identified problem areas, and outlined corrective actions.
• Implemented safety and security rules and procedures to ensure a safe work place.
• Used written guidance to establish files and complete reports.
• Submitted reports as scheduled, using MS Office and military database software.
Bachelor's degree, Business Administration and Management, General · (2017 - 2021)
Page 3 of 3