Cross-functional, collaborative writer and project manager producing
effective pubic relations, web, and social media. Recognizes and stewards game changing partnerships. Focus on integrated communications: social media and web with traditional public relations. Creating winning strategies and realizing these goals is the ideal work- life reward.
• Brand Management
• Public Relations
• Writer, Web Content, Brand Stories
• Integrated Communications (social, web)
Partner, Thumbler.net 2/2012 to current
As lead consultant at the digital ad agency, Thumbler.net, Pamela establishes and implements integrated communication strategies. This includes a focus on writing and public relations.
Thumbler straightens the tangle of connections already out there to make sense and build loyalty, awareness, and business from websites, social media and public relations. Thumbler is focused on strategy— brand stories, content building and communication integration. www.Thumbler.net
• City of Colfax Rebranding, alignment for ongoing tourism attraction.
• Ongoing public relations for the City of Nevada City and Nevada City Chamber of Commerce.
• Digital version of Nevada City Tree Tour, including Google maps application and printed map for Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, City of Nevada City.
• Marketing strategy and tactics for California Solar, uniﬁed brand story expressed through social media, pr and web presence. 530-***-****
111 Bank St #196
Grass Valley, CA
• Integrated social media, web and brand presence for multiple small business enterprises and technology start-ups.
• Secures print, radio and television coverage for regional events.
• Ongoing reviews for indie ﬁlms.
Past & Present Clients: City of Nevada City, Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, McCamant & Durrett architects, Byers Solar, California Solar Electric Company, Ellu Gallery, Empire Shoes, Jernigan’s Grill, JLM Energy.
Marketing Communication Manager, 11/2014 to 7/2015 JLM Energy, Inc., Rocklin, CA–Energy Technology Firm advancing disruptive technologies in renewable energy and energy storage. Manage marketing and communications functions, including PR, media relations, company spokesperson, social media management and integration. Establish brand in marketplace with a strategic approach and direct market plan through national dealer network. Work with creative director and video specialist to build content library, white papers and website SEO. In 6 short months, established effective social media channels, doubled web trafﬁc and generated over 2 million page views in media. Public spokesperson.
Communication Consultant, Writer 2010-2012
Pamela Biery Communications—Provide communication consultation on a freelance basis while seeking full time employment. Prepare proposal resulting in $100K+ SalesForce implementation contract. Ghost write white papers, authoritative articles, press releases and corporate letters. Cover Seattle International Film Festival for Crosscut.com; write for Sierra Club and other publications. Interactive media and blog contributor for Seattle Arts & Lectures. Serve on pro bono Board for a green business school start-up directory. Ongoing press coverage for Wild & Scenic Film Festival.
Marketing Communications Manager, 11/2004 to 1/2009 Velocity7, Nevada City, CA– Communication ﬁrm representing national companies, non-proﬁts, educational institutions and government agencies. Manage marketing and communications functions, overseeing a 7-member creative team. Direct brand management, PR, media relations, corporate positioning, website launches, advertising, sales collateral and trade show marketing. Special web features writing and development. Prepare integrated marketing strategies. Create several online communities.
• Team approach to launching and promoting several Airstream brands, including an award-winning campaign.
• Developed and launched integrated, educational website, with multi- media and social marketing web 2.0 features.
• Led strategic re-alignment of non-proﬁt PR, web and print outreach strategy. Identiﬁed opportunities, updated brand, collaborated with board of directors and team staff to unify outreach, brand and communication systems.
• Writer and project manager for Airstream’s award-winning catalogs, product literature, web content and newsletters.
• Project manager for 22-county high school logo competition, including award partners, beneﬁts, website and media coverage with double participation and outreach benchmarks.
Clients: Airstream, Sierra Nevada Conservancy, Sierra Fund, Coastwalk California, JOIDES Resolution.
Marketing and PR Consultant 9/2000 to 2009
Pamela Biery Communications, CA – Marketing and PR Consultant Developed marketing and PR programs for B2B, technology ﬁrms, manufacturers and non-proﬁt clients. Used an integrated approach to create balanced programs for clients to build their respective brands and businesses with cohesive, multi-level messages. Portfolio includes managing all internal and external communications for $100M+ commercial contractor.
• Worked with multiple manufacturers releasing new products, marketing and managing brands.
• Organized and conducted successful non-proﬁt funding projects.
• Ongoing press campaigns and writing for regional and national publications.
• Produced media kit that positioned client for national recognition and award. Efforts were credited as instrumental in closing numerous high-level deals.
• Directed national book tour for acclaimed architect/author. Provided PR coverage, including television interviews, radio interviews, and newspaper articles.
• Wrote national advertising campaign resulting in 25% sales increase through new product sold to Food Maker Corp.
• Transitioned multi-million dollar corporation to digital forms environment, streamlining workﬂow and saving thousands of dollars and trees each month.
Clients: Frank M. Booth, Inc., McCamant & Durrett Architects, Oceana, Cargill, Yuba Sutter Regional Arts Center, Radon Raptor Center. Awards
• ADDY Award, public service (Seven for the Sierra campaign), 2008
• Summit Awards, emerging media, (Airstream 75th Anniversary online media center), 2007
• ADDY Award, collateral (multiple awards, including Airstream product literature), 2007
• Webby Award, lifestyle website, (Airstream website), 2006 Publications
California Poetry Society
Orion Magazine Blog
Sierra Club, Green Life
Sierra Heritage Magazine
Written River Journal
See writing samples:
University of Phoenix
Dominican University of California
Major: Creative Writing
University of California, Davis
Certiﬁcate, PR & Marketing
Customer Service Training Certiﬁcate
Software: Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, MS Ofﬁce (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Pages, Keynote.
Web/Multimedia: Content Management Systems (admin), Word Press
(admin), Drupal (content), Base Camp, Asana, CoSchedule, Sprout Social.