Medical Coder - Self-Directed with keen attention to detail.
Trained and dedicated medical coding certified professional from AMCI want to associate with a progressive organization, understand the goals of the organization and accordingly align my professional goals. Achieve the desired results by making use of every opportunity provided. Enhance and learn new skills to pave the path of growth and improve my knowledge and gain work experience. Passionate about the healthcare system. Trained in ICD-10 coding, medical terminology, data management, data entry and other administrative tasks.
SUMMARY and EXPERTISE
Current Education – studying for CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) with AHIMA.
Recent Education - AAPC Certified Professional Coder with 81% score in 2017.
I am a quick learner and dedicated to professionalism with an ability to grasp concept with ease.
Highly analytical, well organized and ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Sincere, hardworking, sense of responsibility, reliable, creative, sociable.
Focused and organized to work individually and or as a team and achieve the set objectives.
Have exemplary documentation and Keyboard skills
Mentor the team for Certification
ESSENTIAL MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SKILLS
CPT - 4
HCPCS Level II
Electronic health records
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance claims
Inovalon (healthcare empowered). Bowie, MA. Phone: 301-***-**** (Mar 2018 – Dec 2018)
Position: Worked as “Remote Coding Review Consultant” (full time).
Responsibilities: (Administered HCC, CRG, HIX and HEDIS chart reviews).
1. Conduct chart reviews for purposes of identifying, confirming, and/or documenting appropriate medical coding.
2. Perform quality control over-read reviews of previously completed record reviews to ensure accuracy, completeness, and overall high quality of Inovalon’s record review processes.
3. Perform on-site reviews for purposes of obtaining medical records, and perform an initial chart review as needed.
4. Electronically download completed, pre-filled record reviews to assigned computer system and DCT.
5. Compare pre-filled record review results contained in DCD application to the scanned support documentation resident within Inovalon’s SAFHIRE system.
6. Correct the original, pre-filled review as necessary and note any discrepancies found.
7. Upload completed quality control over-read reviews to Inovalon’s centralized server system via the Internet, intranet, and associated web portal.
8. Maintain ongoing communication (verbal, e-mail, updates and Stats) with supervising coordinator regarding issues/nuances that arise during review processes.
9. Complete over reader log and submit as per protocol.
10. Attend all department meetings and training as directed.
11. Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement.
12. Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position. Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
AMCI (Absolute Medical Coding Institute), Raleigh, NC. (Jan 2017 – Dec 2017)
Learnt CPC comprehensive coding course which was guided by AMCI instructors. This course is counted as 80 credit semester hours of CPC studying or 1 year of coding experience by AAPC.
Part I – Details to Medical Coding, Coding Guidelines, Compliance & Regulatory
Part II - ICD-10-CM Coding (scenarios, questions)
Part III – E/M, CPT Coding and HCPCS & Modifiers (solved patients charts)
KNOAH Solutions, Hyderabad, India (2004 – 2008)
Position : Operated as “Customer Service Representative” (full time)
Knoah solutions is a Business process outsourcing (BPO) company, Catering the technical and customer support to one of the biggest ISP called EarthLink in United states. EarthLink offers various Internet services like Dial-Up, DSL and Cable.
As a Lead Live Chat customer support used to negotiated contracts with vendors and customers.
Used to chat simultaneously with 3 customers at a time maintaining the average handling time below 3 minutes. Slashed payroll/benefits administration costs 30% by negotiating pricing and fees, while ensuring the continuation and enhancements of services.
Tried to be in customer shoes and resolved the issue to the highest customer satisfaction.
Master’s Education in Computer Application (MCA) - 2004
Bachelor Degree in BZC (Botany, Zoology & Chemistry) - 2001
CERTIFICATION (Most Recent Education):-
Currently continuing education on CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) from AHIMA.
AAPC - Certified Professional Coder - 81%, Aug 2017 - Present
AMCI graded student - Earned 80 credit hours of the comprehensive CPC course from AMCI (Absolute Medical Coding Institute). – Jan 2017 – Dec 2017