Bernard William Koblinsky
email@example.com - 939 Freeport Road - Natrona Heights, PA - 15065 - (412) 737 - 4083 SENIOR FACILITIES MANAGER
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT CONTRACT MANAGEMENT Highly motivated, resourceful and goal driven facilities professional with a comprehensive background encompassing the areas of program development, contracted services and physical plant operations for the goal of achieving superior results. Demonstrated strong analytical abilities with proven expertise in both performing comprehensive process validations and developing cost effective solutions for design and implementation of real estate management programs. Strong leadership abilities, with a successful track record in managing subcontractors and inhouse personnel. Executed various maintenance programs which reduced both risk and minimized costs.
Areas of Expertise
Vendor Management Maintenance Site Surveys Integration Expense Management Capital Planning Operating Budgets Procurement Client Programming Cost Reporting Contracts Negotiations
. ..PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE...v
Launched a highly successful career with Mellon Bank and was a key team member with ever increasing responsibilities assigned to support the business growth from a large “Regional Corporate Bank” into a worldwide financial services organization. Accomplished manager who functionally led the real estate sector throughout this steady growth. Recognized as a “Subject Matter Expert” for developing both standardized and uniquely creative solutions that resulted in lower costs and greater reliability for preventative and predictive maintenance programs Participated in some of the largest domestic financial transactions with a wide variety of responsibilities for the real estate and other segments of the company. Performed due diligence activities for property acquisition and disposition with a focus on program development and site management activities to include building operations. With core strengths in cost analysis, site utilization along with a strong background in facilities management allowed for recommendations and maintenance program execution from a single source. This, along with an extensive background in contracts and management provided for an accelerated, cost effective execution for the most demanding programs in support of the business plan. Continued
Bernard William Koblinsky - Page 2
CMI Management Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA October 2017 to October 2019 Administrative Manager
Administered government site contract for the U.S. Army 99th Regional Support Group. Responsibilities include management of 171 different sites across a wide geographical area encompassing three states.
• Managing several external business partners to achieve contractual obligations.
• Lead manager for group formation enabling project “Start -Up”.
• Administration of service contracts for all facets of building operations and repairs. Dollar Bank F.S.B. - Pittsburgh, PA
Facilities Manager January 2016 to October 2017
Managed a diverse portfolio of owned and leased properties consisting of 72 Retail Banking locations including Administrative and Operation/Warehouse facilities. Responsibilities included planning and executing various programs with an annual budget exceeding $2.9MM. Key Assignments
• Managed a wide variety of Real Estate services for multi - state portfolio resulting in an annual savings of $100K.
• Consolidated service contracts to achieve cost savings while raising the quality of services provided.
• Administered service contracts for all properties to include a significant Operations and Datacenter. Northwind Engineering, LLC (WBE) - Naval Support Activity Base, Mechanicsburg, PA Senior Project Manager November 2015 to January 2016 Appointed as senior manager for completion of several military contracts with a value exceeding $4.5M. Responsibilities include formation and management of project teams to develop and aggressively execute various projects.
• Completion of three major waste “Lift Systems” encompassing demolition, startup and quality control.
• Execution of interior improvements to include two new elevators at the Central Command Facility.
• Demolition of a significant boiler room and complex asbestos abatement program. Walsh Construction - Fort Meade, MD
Project Manager February 2015 to June 2015
Challenged with developing a “Recovery Schedule” to align completion of a 10,000 square foot prefabricated floorless modular building for the United States Army Corp of Engineers (USACE) to be within the contractual obligations.
• Aggressively revamped standard protocols and the approval process to accelerate and realign the project schedule.
• Refocused QC team members to enable continuity and sequence of work in the field to maintain the schedule.
• Met the USACE Construction QA team member’s expectations in terms of process, quality and execution. Courtman Painting Inc. (WBE) – Pittsburgh, PA
Project Manager January 2014 to November 2014
Estimated “Public Money” projects and other significant projects with values often exceeding $1M per project. Key Responsibilities:
• Provide value engineering to align estimated cost with established project funding.
• Monitored and coordinated field forces to ensure compliance and production rates. Bank of New York Mellon Corporation - Pittsburgh PA Senior Project Manager June 2007 to January 2014
Responsible for cost and schedule of significant projects which included post-merger integration responsibilities. Fostered a team approach in support of the newly formed division resulting in a successful transition for the combined division.
Bernard William Koblinsky - Page 3
• Project team member supporting 300,000 square foot office space realignment of Pittsburgh based business units to achieve the goal of establishing a center for domestic operations for the combined company.
• Conceived and executed project plan for rehabilitating the exterior envelope for coatings and waterproofing systems of a 56-story office tower. Project provided for complete removal of existing coatings and waterproofing improvements. Project completed with an estimated cost savings of $24M largely due to custom production equipment and tooling.
• Provided management for all exterior grounds and preventive/predictive maintenance programs in conformance with established annual budgets.
• Executed renovations to a major hangar at Pittsburgh International Airport for Corporate Aircraft Division including a comprehensive maintenance program.
Mellon Financial Services - Pittsburgh, PA June 1976 to November 1998
Senior Facilities Manager November 1998 to May 2007 Reported to the Director of Corporate Operations and designated as Project Executive for several major initiatives. Provided leadership to internal staff and business lines in the evaluation and development of programs to enable continued growth for Remittance Processing and Treasury Service operations in the headquarters facilities. Administered Retail Banking divestiture along with the construction of Wealth Management offices. Key Achievements:
• Responsible for design and construction of $157M technology driven, urban processing center to include a six- story parking garage and surrounding parks.
• Executed largest commercially known fiber distribution plant for the nation's 4th largest urban complex.
• Directed thirty site construction and leasing program for Retail Banking business divestiture. Established all service contracts relating to mechanical, electrical and fire/life/safety systems.
• Selected by CFO to evaluate and implement improvements to various CBD facilities to avoid temporary off-site facility. Project executed with an estimated savings of $18M in construction cost. Implemented programs reduced both processing cost and cycle times by 10% and 30% respectively.
• Responsible for improving internal audit rating from marginal to excellent in one year. Facilities Manager February 1995 to October 1998
Responsible for quality, cost and schedule of a $14MM capital expenditure program encompassing tenant renovations and building maintenance. Executed additional “Special Projects” with a total value of $20.4M. Key Achievements:
• Union Trust Building - Exterior renovation encompassing a new flat roof, terra cotta preservation at the primary mansard roof and roof steeples along with ornamental metal work for the marquees. developed maintenance program
• 525 William Penn Place - Completed 42 Story exterior renovations to include waterproofing system at limestone panels and re-coating of metal spandrel panels.
• Complex wide fiber distribution plant along with construction of three main EDP locations and ninety IDF closets.
• 525 William Penn Place - Executed 250K Sq. Ft. renovations to support large remittance processing contract. Bernard William Koblinsky - Page 4
Senior Property Manager December 1991 to January 1995 Administered thirty-three properties in major markets for site management and leasing related activities for the US Treasury Department document processing sites and other domestic operations. Key Achievements:
• Executed multi-state facilities program for Mortgage Banking Company until divestiture.
• Directed multiple site expansion/consolidation projects of a diverse nature to meet expanding business demands.
• Negotiated numerous site service contracts resulting in annualized cost savings exceeding $180K. Property Manager October 1988 to November 1991
Selected by Senior Management to serve on the “Turnaround Team” to support the realignment of business operations for the Retail Banking Department.
• Implemented multi-state site consolidation strategy for realignment of Retail Banking properties and operations. Executed all service contracts at six regional acquisitions.
• Developed site utilization programs, which reduced annual occupancy/operating expense by $780K.
• Converted administration site into check processing facility to accommodate a 300% increase in volume.
• Directed project plan to improve asset quality for sites to be liquidated, ensuring maximum value. CAREER HIGHLIGHTS. .
BNY Mellon Center - Pittsburgh PA - Exterior Remediation - Designed and executed world’s largest exterior coating removal/recoating of a metal curtain wall building.
● 2013 Master Builders Association – Unique Construction Project
● 2013 Engineer’s Society of Western Pennsylvania – Creative Engineering Solutions Union Trust Building - Pittsburgh PA - Performed large-scale remediation of an exterior terra-cotta system for a
“Registered Historic Landmark”. 2001 BOMA – Building of the Year Award
● 2005 Golden Trowel Award
Mellon Client Center – Pittsburgh PA – New Construction – 1M Sq. Ft. Urban Operations/Datacenter
● 2001 BOMA – Building of the Year Award
● 2001 Urban Park Award
Mellon Independence Center – Philadelphia PA – Historical Renovation - Urban Operations/Datacenter
● 1989 National Preservation Honor Award
Mellon Financial Services – Pittsburgh PA – Headquarters’ Complex – 5.2M Sq. Ft. - Site Connectivity
● Executed largest commercially known fiber distribution plant for the nation's 4th largest urban complex. Project included directional bores between sites, construction of three data centers and 156 IDF locations. Bernard William Koblinsky - Page 5
. CIVIC LEADERSHIP. . .
YMCA Board Member - Facilities Sector January 2007 to December 2007 Attending Board Member focused on creating a “First In Class” operation for residents of the community.
• Performed site evaluation to increase the facility's capacity by 100% to align with YMCA’s Corporate Directive.
• Performed site reviews and established annual budgets.
• Single handedly raised $30K to pioneer the use of “State of the Art” conditioning equipment to allow for creation of a Youth Strength Training (YST) program. Board also approved expansion of YST program into the “Silver Sneakers” program. Program delivered great results for Senior members. EDUCATION.
Robert Morris University - Business Administration (attended) Forbes Road East - Technical Degree - Civil Construction
. SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS. .
Bank of New York Mellon Corporation - North American Operations - Pittsburgh PA
• BNY Mellon Center - 56 Story Hi-Rise - Exterior Rehabilitation - Cost $26M
• Pittsburgh International Airport - Hangar #6 - Renovation - Cost $2.5M Mellon Financial Services - Headquarters Operations - Pittsburgh PA
• Mellon Client Service Center - 14 Story – New Construction - Operations/Data Center Site - Cost $157M
• Two Mellon Bank Center - 14 Story - Exterior Remediation - Terra-cotta and Ornamental Metalwork - Cost
• Three Mellon Bank Center - 42 Story - Exterior Remediation - Cost $2.4M - Limestone and Metal Spandrel Panels
• Three Mellon Bank Center - 42 Story - Renovation and Elevator Improvements - Cost $8.6M
• Pittsburgh Headquarters Complex - Data Network Installation - Fiber / Copper Plant Infrastructure - Cost $19M Mellon Bank - Headquarters Operations - Pittsburgh PA
• One Mellon Center - 56 Story High Rise - Tenant Construction - 1.8MM Sq. Ft. - Cost $65M
• Two Mellon Center - 14 Story - Historic Renovation - Administration Site - 475,000 Sq. Ft. - Cost $57M
• Three/Four Mellon Center - 42 Story - Retrofit/Renovation - Operations/Datacenter - 1.1M Sq. Ft. - Retrofit Cost
Mellon Bank - Eastern Region Operations Center - Philadelphia PA - Wilmington DE
• Mellon Independence Center - 7 Story Operations - Historic Renovation - 725,000 square feet. Cost $141M
• Mellon Bank Center - 54 Story High Rise - Design Development - 1.1M Sq. Ft. Bernard William Koblinsky - Page 6
• Credit Card Operations - 3 Story - New Construction - 93,000 Sq. Ft. - Cost $15M
• Credit Card Expansion - Single Story - Renovation - 78,000 Sq. Ft. - Cost $5.6M Mellon Bank - Retail Banking/Investments
• Business Consolidation - Seven Project Locations - Oil City/Erie/Harrisburg/State College/Wilkes Barre, PA. Renovations to Administration / Processing Sites
• Wealth Management Offices - Thirty Site Project - 160,000 Sq. Ft. Renovation - Cost $17M Project completed in 6 months.
Mellon Bank Domestic Operations - Treasury Services, Corporate Banking and Wealth Management Offices
• Nationwide - Sixteen Project Locations - New York, NY - Chicago, IL - Boston / Stoneham, MA - San Francisco
/ Los Angeles / Newport Beach CA, Denver CO. - Houston TX. and South Bend IN.