Project *– Nike– Portland OR
Tableau Lead Administrator and Developer 08/2018 - 09/2018
- Designed and developed the prototype dashboard which included predictive analysis by inputting values to see the outcome. Dashboard data was based on Units/Dollars. Which gave the user the flexibility of changing from to other.
- Documentation on how to have the prototype be used in production.
- Managed offshore Tableau team.
- Developed 5 different dashboards.
- Worked closely with the Business analysists.
- Creating Roadmap for the analytics team.
Project 2 – Pfizer– Peapack, NJ
Tableau Lead 03/2018 – 08/2018.
- Created all documentation for a migration schedule.
- Defining the architecture and Hardware specifications for their environments (Dev, Test, Prod).
- Created views in MySQL to the visuals used for the tableau reports
- Leading a team of 3 Tableau users onshore/offshore.
- Created 18 new Dashboards for Management the team. Project 3– T-Mobile– Seattle WA
Tableau Lead Administrator and Developer 05/2017 - 03/2018
- Operational Analytics Front End Tableau Lead Developer /Administrator
- Develop Operational and Analytical reports for the Rebellion Solution Platform (T-Mobile Prepaid and Postpaid services) in production: Created over 26 different dashboards
- Develop the Operational Analytics Dashboards - combine data from tools like Splunk, AppD, SiteCat, Rally, QC into a Data Lake and then do Visualization using Tableau including ETL - using client requirements/user stories
- Lead and participate in client demos
- Recommend new KPIs/dashboards based on client feedback and product performance
- Collaborate with onsite/offshore operational analytics teams. Background
• Canadian Institute of Business (1994)
• Universidade Braz Cubas (1992)
Member & Associations:
• Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS)
• Bay Area Tableau User Group
• Power Tools
• Financial Services
• Wine Industry sector
Worked with Tableau since versions 5.0. Using Desktop Developer Version. Reader, Public, Cloud version, Mobile and Server. I have been in different roles development & administrative Creating Dashboards, Installing Tableau server, Deploying Tableau to iPad users in the field, Creating different sites, Security, adding users, Automating Restores, backups, Server Migrations & scheduling report to be email in a .pdf format. Reverse engineering existing reports in from OBIEE, Excel. Crystal Reports, Cognos and Business Objects. I have also used many of the different Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos. Business Objects, Qlikview. Powerview and Infomaker. I was a full- time database administrator using the Microsoft stack. Using different tools such as Red Gate, Pragmatics and Toad to Monitor fine tune existing data loads.
Project 4 – BOX– Redwood City CA
Tableau Administrator and Developer 01/2017 - 02/2017
- Troubleshoot existing Tableau reports, Performance recommendations, Report enhancements,, Benchmarking frontend and backend using Tabjolt and Powertools.
- Created a report that lists the top 10 reports that take more than 28 sec to render
- Recommendations to use a trigger method when the ETL process has finished to refresh the TDE’s.
- Best Practice document for end uses and Data governance for the Tableau Administrator.
- Method to control the Tableau Desktop licenses when End users leave and licenses are reused.
Project 5 – Seattle Police Department- Seattle, WA Tableau Administrator and Developer 05/2016 - 12/2016
- Created multiple POC’s, Coordinated Meetings to get Business requirements, User needs, finding different ways reporting.
- Documentation and processes as needed. Worked closely to configure and Upgrade the Tableau Server version. Knowledge Transfer sessions and one and one training.
- Created data triggers in refreshing the multiple datasets that were used. Using Windows Scheduler and Tabcmd’s
- Tableau Server administrator created custom scripts for TDE extracts, PDF reports and HTML wrappers. Created the security groups, Sites, added all the users.
- Tableau Desktop version 10.0.2 Designed, Writing queries in creating views for the specific POC’s. fine tuning, benchmarking and monitoring performance.
Project 6 – Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits– Dallas/Florida Tableau Administrator and Developer 01/2016 - 08/2016
- Created POC’s, Coordinated Meetings to get input from the Business users and there needs.
- Using AIP Solution Redshift as the backend.-
- Tableau Desktop version 9.3.3. Designed, Creating 8 dashboards using two different data sets one with 40 million rows of data and the other with 245 million rows of the data. Performance tuning and monitored user activities.
Project 7 – NVIDIA– Santa Clara, CA
Tableau Architecture, Installing Tableau Server
- Three Different Environments: Development, Test, Production
- Authentication: Access Security: using AD Grouping, Benchmarking
- Backup: Scheduling, Data Load Delivery Performance Optimization Caching.
- Creating layouts and templates for specific Departments for Power users Data source connections. Alternative Dashboard layouts (iPad Friendly Navigation purpose).
- Performance issues troubleshooting existing Tableau Reports created by some of there power users. Proof of concept – POC. Replicating some of there existing reports from Business Objects and OBIEE. Creating Scripts in TABCMD to Export reports in PDF format. Scheduling Backups and Restores as needed.
Project 8 – Coca-Cola - Atlanta, GA
Tableau Architecture, Installing Tableau Server
- Tableau Implementation -- Backup/Restore process and Configured Email Alerts.
- Created Batch Files for Logs and Scripts - Imported Users profiles (Full Name, Password, Role, Email) Total of 3794 Users - Cleanup files (rolling 10 days backup)
- Group List and implementation, Scripting and Defining Security Roles for Folders and Sites.