MONROE A. STEWART
Customer-focused business-to-market sales professional with 20+ years experience developing strong and proﬁtable client relationships in a highly competitive industry. Goal oriented, decisive leader, with proven success in establishing a lasting impression in markets, identifying growth opportunities, and initiating strong business alliances. Consistently achieve sales goals and increase proﬁt share. Eﬀective training and mentoring new sales representatives on products and sales techniques. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Works well independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment. Licensed to sell Life, Health and Accident insurance products. Core competencies: PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Sales Representative/Financial Advisor, HUMANA, INC., Ridgeland, MS February 2008 to Present Market and sell ﬁnancial products, Medicare plans (all-in-one Medicare plans, standalone Part D drug plans, and Medicare Supplements) to newly-eligible clients or individuals switching plans during open season, and individual healthcare plans (health, dental, and vision) to individuals and/or families throughout Mississippi.
• Secure, organize and conduct sales seminars / presentations regarding insurance policies while educating clients on coverage options and plans including Medicare and Medicaid.
• Establish relationships with managers and added consultative approach to respective teams.
• Train new sales associates on products and marketing strategies.
• Generate enrollments by marketing products on-site at hospitals, senior citizen centers, assisted living facilities, community events and other sites as designated.
Accomplishments and Awards:
• Manage book of business consisting of approximately 550 clients while continuously acquiring new customers
• Consistently increase customer base 10% annually
• 2013, 2014 and 2015 – Top Producer for Humana Financial Protection Products (Guarantee Trust Life Hospital Indemnity Plans, Cash Cancer Plans, Critical Illness Plans and Life Insurance Plans)
• 2009 to 2012 – Recipient of Stellar Human Financial Protection Products Producer
• 2016 – Top MA Producer, Jackson Central Team
• 2016 – Top 3 MA Producer, Mississippi
• 2010 – Achievement of Excellence Award, #1 for Financial Products sales, and Exceeded Medicare Advantage Goals
• 2009 – Awarded 2nd place for sale of Financial Products National Account Executive, BELL INDUSTRIES / SKYTEL, Jackson, MS 2007 to 2008
• Provided corporate management in four States: Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
• Marketed SkyTel Products: telecommunication pagers, blackberry units, and GPS tracking devices.
• Trained National Account Executives on sales strategies to increase revenue and boost sales.
• Delivered spreadsheet data reports and conducted conference calls.
• Conducted presentations for major accounts: JefCoat Fencing Corporation, Metro Fencing Corporation, Federal Express, DHL, Danali Delivery Service, Jackson Public Schools, Jackson State University, Alcorn State University, Mississippi Valley State University, and Florida A&M University.
Academic Recruiter, COLLEGE NETWORK, Indianapolis, IN 2004 to 2006
• Marketed and enrolled students from Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and Alabama in nationwide university studies.
• Promoted online educational programs oﬀered by top universities nationwide.
• Trained staﬀ on sales strategies which improved customer satisfaction and increased sales. Accomplishments:
• Sold 50 degree programs in 11 months through face-to-face presentations
• Recognized as outstanding salesperson
• Recipient of Pinnacle Salesperson Award
• Sales Planning and Program Implementation
• New Business Development
• Market-Focused / Solution-Based Sales
• Consultative Selling Techniques
• Market Analysis & Sales Management
• Client Relationship Management & Expansion
• Sales Management / Goal Attainment
• Team Leadership / New Representative Development MONROE A. STEWART Page 2
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
Customer Service Sales Associate, SCENTURA CRESTIONS, Atlanta, GA 2002 to 2004
• Served as team leader for direction and motivation of 10 sales staﬀ members in growth, strategic planning, and new business development.
• Marketed both commercial and residential cellular phone service, internet access, DirectTV service, DSL, and long distance options through cold calling and telemarketing.
• Conducted sales presentations to acquire new accounts.
• Sold more than 50 “complete choice plans” daily.
• Motivated personnel resulting in higher quality customer service and increased sales.
• Improved customer relations as outside sales representative for Mississippi and Louisiana. Accomplishments:
• Recognized as Top Producer in all BellSouth products
• Outstanding Salesman of the Month four times
• Top Pinnacle Salesperson within 6 months
• Ranked 36th out of 600 sales employees
Customer Service Representative, SUNCOM/AT&T, Jackson, MS 1999 to 2002
• Performed needs assessments to market new products and services.
• Served as team leader for three teams resolving customer service and billing issues.
• Led team in customer service representative training.
• Top Salesperson during change from Suncom to AT&T.
• Assisted managers with call center activities and marketed cellular phone products.
• Conducted classes on customer service improvements with existing customer service representatives. Customer Service Representative, JACKSON MEDICAL MALL, Jackson, MS 1996 to 1999
• Resolved billing issues for residential and commercial customers.
• Worked as customer service representative, acting supervisor, customer billing, new applications, and traveled to customer homes to check water meters and water service.
• Conducted training classes for customer service representatives and new employees.
• Edited both new and old applications as well as billing. Manager/Assistant Manager, JARMAN SHOES AND KINNEY SHOES, Jackson, MS 1992 to 1996
• Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised personnel in achievement of sales quotas.
• Worked in many diﬀerent areas of management including trend analysis, market positioning, and forecasting.
• Raised customer satisfaction by 10% and lowered returns by 40%.
• Mentored employees on how to earn promotions.
• Assisted in management for three store locations hiring and training new employees. Account Services/Sales Representative/Outside Sales, SCENTURA CREATIONS, Atlanta, GA 1991 to 1993
• Sold fragrances to commercial outlets through cold calling prospective clients.
• Conducted sales strategy classes and assisted managers with budgeting and bookkeeping.
• Hired new employees and trained both new and existing employees. Accomplishments:
• Received honors as Top Sales Representative
• Promoted to manager within 6 months
• Highest Salesperson Achievement Award for increasing revenue by 35% PRIOR EXPERIENCE: THE UNIVERSITY SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, Principle Violinist and Violinist MONROE A. STEWART Page 3
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY, Jackson, Mississippi
Master in Public Policy and Administration with Emphasis in Business Administration - May 1999 Bachelor of Science in Biology - May 1998
BALL STATE UNIVERSITY, Muncie, Indiana
Bachelor of Arts in Classical Music - May 1992
Recipient of Young Artist Award (Five Year Scholarship) Licensed - Mississippi Health, Accident and Life Insurance Agent