OKORO CHINWENDU PAULINA
**, ********* ******, ****** *** Ikotun Egbe, Lagos Nigeria.
A dedicated medical professional with 6years experience, committed to provide patients with outstanding care and support to help improve quality of life. A versatile nursing profession with valuable skills that include care plan development, detailed assessments containing strong administration and nursing management skill, with being accountable for positive patient outcomes. Compassionate patient advocate, who demonstrates professionalism with patients and their families. Contribute my skill and abilities to a result oriented organization with a culture of excellence in service delivery and a promising opportunity for career growth. PROFESSIONALEXPERIENCE
TRISTATE HEART AND VASCULAR CENTRE ILISHAN April2018-Till Date
(BABCOCK UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL)
Nursing patient in the cardiac intensive care unit.
Assisting doctors in all procedures e.g. ET intubation.
Prepping patient’s pre heart/thoracic surgery.
Nursing patients post open heart surgery till discharge.
Nursing patients pre/post cardiac catheterization
Assisting nurse manager in orientation of newly employed staff.
Ambulance call duty.
COSMODERM MEDICAL AND DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE Oct.2014-March 2018
• Assess all new patient, obtain medical history and determine initial and long term course of action for treatment in accordance with hospital policies and procedures as well as directives from physicians.
• Provide care as determined by assessment of patients’ status, medical chart and request to ensure that the hospital visit remains a positive and nurturing experience.
• Communicate with patient, hospital staff and physician and review nursing assessment and directives on each shift to ensure patient’s well-being.
• Administer medications; intravenous, intradermal, intramuscular, subcutaneous, sublingual, and topical according to Cosmoderm policies and directives.
• Ensure patient’s safety and infection control.
• Ensure electrocardiogram (ECG) is carried out on patient’s.
• Assist physicians in accessing patient for sampling and setting of IV line.
• Monitoring and evaluation of nursing care delivery. ST.CLAIRE SPECIALIST CLINIC Nov.2013-Oct.2014
• Identifying and documenting changes in health status which interferes with the ability of the client to meet basic needs.
• Build therapeutic relationship with patients to enable patient gain trust and co- operative with care providers.
• Establish nursing diagnosis based on client’s needs.
• Identifying alternative methods of meeting client’s need and modifying plans of care if necessary and documenting changes.
• Monitoring and evaluating nursing care delivery. CLINICAL POSTING
Lagos State Ambulance Service September, 2017
Accident and Emergency unit LASUTH August, 2017
Accident and Emergency unit LUTH, Lagos State April – June 2017 National Orthopedic Hospital Enugu State 2013
Obstetric and Gynecological Experience 2012
Mgboko Psychiatric Hospital, Abia State 2012
Medical Ward Experience, Imo State 2012
Primary Health Care Centre, Imo State 2011
Basic Life Support 2019
American Heart Association
Registered Accident and Emergency Nurse 2016–2017
School of Post Basic Nursing, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos Registered Nurse 2010-2013
School of Nursing Holy Rosary Hospital Emekuku, Imo State. NECO 2003-2009
Federal Government Girl’s College, Owerri, Imo State. FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE 1997-2003
Victoria Children School Ijeshatedo, Surulere, Lagos State. UNPUBLISHED THESIS
• Perception and attitudes of nurses in LUTH towards Medico-legal aspect of nursing in emergency cases 2017.
• Care study of a patient with uterine fibroid (Myomectomy) 2016.
• Knowledge of causes and prevention of malnutrition in children (0-6years) among mothers 2016.
• Ectopic pregnancy its implication to nursing 2015. ChinwenduPaulina
Nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria Member
National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives Member National Association of Accident and Emergency Nurses Member REFEREES
Base on request.