SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over ** years of comprehensive experience with strong focus on financial/banking data-centric projects in full end
to end Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• 9+ years of strong experience in Capital Markets with 5 years of experience in financial risk management
including market & credit risk (counterparty & issuer), and liquidity risk approaches and practices.
• Excellent knowledge of requirements management concepts and processes supported by deep practical experience.
• Good knowledge of trading systems (WallStreet, Calypso, Bloomberg TOMS), fixed-income instruments and derivative products (Commodities/Equities/FX/Interest Rate).
• Excellent knowledge of Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
• Extensive experience in writing complex SQL queries to analyse data sets for articulating functional and
• Strong ability to liaise with high level stakeholders, third party vendors, technical and offshore teams.
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills..
TOOL: SharePoint, HP ALM (HPQC), JIRA, MS Visio,
RDBMS & DATA WAREHOUSE: SQL Server 2005/2008/2016,, Oracle 10g/11i, MS Access, Teradata
PLATFORM & INFRASTRUCTURE: Windows, UNIX, J2EE, .NET, LDAP, FIS Adaptiv
Jan 2015 – Oct 2019 BUSINESS SYSTEMS CONSULTANT
CIBC Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM), Toronto
TRACS - a Basel III trading credit risk management system that collects trade information in order to provide Wholesale Banking traders and Market Risk Management with information on their positions/exposure.
• Provided business analysis and quality assurance service in multiple projects for enhancement of system components including user interfaces, legacy data sources, implementation of new data feeds, modification of calculation engines and reporting, specifically in financial products (repos, derivatives and fixed income).
• Created extensive documentation including solution & maintenance requirements (SRD & MRD), Data Flow Diagrams and Data Mapping Procedures.
• Created, documented and executed test cases, to perform system integration & user acceptance testing (SIT & UAT).
• Recommended solutions and gained consensus from all lines of business and project stakeholders.
• Led requirement walk-through sessions and coordinated customer sign-off and approvals.
• Environment: Agile Scrum, SQL Server 2008/2016, Oracle 10g, J2EE, WebSphere, UNIX, XML, Informatica, MS Visio, HP ALM, SharePoint, JIRA,Windows 10
Apr 2014 – Nov 2014 BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
SiriusXM Canada, Toronto
• Provided consulting services (business analysis) on the Unified Subscriber Management System (USMS) initiative to consolidate Sirius and XM independent billing systems in order to create a single unified customer view, which allowed the company to streamline business processes and data for the purpose of decision making, operational reporting and revenue allocation.
• Facilitated and directed requirements elicitation sessions with various project stakeholders, executives, senior managers, and SMEs to understand business needs and identify new functions/solutions.
• Developed and managed project artifacts: business, functional and technical requirements specifications,
data/process flow diagrams, use cases and mock-ups.
• Created detailed test plans and test cases, performed regression and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Environment: SQL Server 2012 Data Warehouse, SSIS/SSRS, J2EE, WebSphere, MS Visio, HPQC, Windows 7
Oct 2013 – Mar 2014 BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Jan 2010 – Jun 2010 Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM SHN), Mississauga
• Led development of data integration strategies and provided specialized technical expertise in the design and architecture of system solutions during the data conversion from ERP and CRM legacy systems to Siebel & SAP.
• Performed advanced data discovery and profiling, developed and documented appropriate mapping of new
Master Data structures based on current and anticipated future needs with focus on data governance.
• Created post-implementation maintenance standards for Master Data in accordance with business requirements and with respect to existing data policies and procedures.
• Conducted and documented gap analysis on current and future data models.
• Reviewed and analyzed new and existing reports for completeness and data accuracy in collaboration with
Reporting and Analytics team.
• Documented and executed extensive data integration test scenarios to ensure data accuracy and completeness before and after data conversion, generated data feeds to support UAT activities.
• Environment: MS Visio, SQL Server 2008, SSIS/SSRS, T-SQL, MS Office 2013, SharePoint, Windows 7
May 2013 – Sep 2013 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) SPECIALIST
Project: IPCC (Internet Protocol Contact Centre) – a transformational system that brings IVR, skill-based routing,
agent monitoring and coaching, and business intelligence analytics (Genesys IVR) to all Business Partners that share
the Contact Centre telephony platform (Cisco).
• Developed and maintained business intelligence historical reports and dashboards for analysis, tracking, trending
• Completed impact assessments and ad-hoc investigations for the business and IT groups on Call Centre reports, dashboards and measures for problem management, change requests, and proposed effective defect resolution.
• Planned, documented and coordinated post implementation verification and reviews after the system upgrades.
• Provided in-depth Root Cause Analysis in relation to production issues.
• Coordinated web reporting portal migrations including regression and user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Created daily, weekly and month-end reports on call centre metrics and agent-level KPIs, identifying call trends and opportunities, profiled and analyzed data to improve quality and usability.
• Environment: Agile Scrum, OBIEE 11g, Teradata Data Warehouse, PowerBI, J2EE, WebSphere, UNIX, HPQC, Windows 7
Jun 2011 – Apr 2013 IT BUSINESS ANALYST
TD Securities, Toronto
Project: Accurate NXG (CheckFree) – a multi-tier web-based and desktop software system that provides a comprehensive, enterprise-wide operational control framework and system for automated reconciliation of data loaded from various trading and risk management systems, exception management, workflow and Business Intelligence.
• Acted as a primary technical vision-builder for the support team providing broad consulting on critical production issues, identified short and long-term project objectives and deliverables, cost/benefits analysis, time line estimates
and new initiatives of varying complexity to satisfy business needs.
• Proposed technical solutions for senior management according to audit requirements to ensure loaded risk management data quality, integrity and accuracy.
• Performed Root Cause Analysis and ad-hoc investigations in relation to critical production issues constructing
highly complex query statements.
• Developed and tuned complex PL/SQL queries and stored procedures for data automation and ETL processes.
• Prepared detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, testing and implementation phases of
multiple business-critical projects, system enhancements and upgrades.
• Facilitated small to large group meetings and JAD sessions for decision making, problem solving and task implementation.
• Created and documented test cases, managed team of 4 technical and business analysts to perform unit, system integration and user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, J2EE, WebSphere, UNIX, HPQC, SharePoint, Windows XP
Nov 2008 - Apr 2011 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) SPECIALIST
Revera Living Inc., Mississauga
Project: EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) / BI (Business Intelligence) – implementation of a controlled and managed data source which integrates transactional data from disparate systems to provide a single trusted source of consistent information for tactical and strategic planning, reporting, and decision-making.
• Worked closely with finance team to gather business, data and reporting requirements and translated business needs into logical data structures.
• Documented business requirements for logical processes, technical detailed specifications, and user manuals.
• Designed complex new and controlled data model changes throughout the project lifecycle using UML notation.
• Participated in the development of data warehousing, including modeling and architectural design for data loads.
• Developed scheduled ETL jobs to upload financial data from multiple Excel spreadsheets into data warehouse for future reporting purposes and data analysis.
• Defined and documented enterprise data dictionary.
• Environment: SQL Server 2008 (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), T-SQL, Crystal Reports XI, Oracle 9i, MS Visio
Feb 2006– Nov 2008 BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Symcor Services Inc., Mississauga
Project: Cisco Customer Response Solutions – IP Interactive Voice Response (IVR) customer-care application environment that enhances the efficiency of contact centers by simplifying business integration, easing agent administration, increasing agent flexibility, and enhancing network hosting.
• Collaborated with all level of clients and groups to identify the internal priorities, gathered and documented
business requirements, technical specifications and user manuals.
• Led requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible, verifiable, and conformed to standards.
• Translated business requirements into functional specifications and technical objectives for development teams.
• Created new reports using advanced reporting features and added new functionalities to existing ones.
• Environment: SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9i Data Warehouse, PL/SQL, XML, SOA, Web Services, Crystal Reports,
SharePoint, Windows XP
Previous experience available upon request
EDUCATION & TRAINING
M.Sc. in Computer Science from Moscow University, Russia
Canadian Securities Course (CSC) from Toronto, Canada
Leadership in Business Analysis from University of Toronto
BABOK 2.0 Primer from IIBA