Solutions-driven manager with over 30 years' management experience in the litigation industry. Excels in team building, strategic planning, policy management and leadership. Outstanding negotiation and crisis management skills.
Quality assurance and control
Issue and conflict resolution
Seasoned in conflict resolution
Midland Credit Management Inc. February 2018 to Current
Group Manager, Internal Legal, Operations
• Lead day-to-day operations and direct teams with up to 14 direct reports to successfully deliver $14 million gross collections. Delegate tasks as needed.
• Conduct research and resolve complaints by consumers of inquiries within 48-hour time-frame, providing leadership and guidance in working with internal legal, compliance, appeals, grievances, and complaints in accordance within established regulations and corporate policies.
• Oversee monthly internal production targets for post-judgment remedies.
• Improve the quality of work product towards 95% accuracy.
• Deliver over 50,000 post-judgment remedies accounts annually.
• Monitor progress toward department goals and budgets, adjusting operational performance as needed.
• Resolve all Federal Regulation compliance issues under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, and work with Internal Legal to resolve consumer disputes.
• Coach and develop staff on corporate and department policies and procedures.
• Oversee, coordinate and manage day-to-day legal and financial operations and specialist teams, reducing delivery time by 20%.
• Evaluate and resolve escalations and inquiries from consumers, including process and procedure development, and execution.
• Mitigated risk by ensuring compliance with all regulations.
• Recognize outstanding performance by team members and prepare corrective actions where necessary.
• Reach 95% quality and ensure the accuracy of all work-product by creating, aligning and communicating performance management plans to drive result while maintaining cost-effective goals.
• Revamp and standardize curriculum for all new employees and serve on New Hire and On-Boarding Committee.
Madonna University January 2009 to April 2017
• Provided instruction and curriculum development in Litigation Technology and e-Discovery coursework.
• Prepare and utilize a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
• Maintain current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
• Formalized recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
D4, LLC October 2016 to July 2017
• Spearheaded forecasting, billing, budgeting, and other litigation tasks on behalf of clients as defined in the Statement of Work (SOW).
• Administered projects with a cost-effective mindset resulting in a reduction of client cost by 15 percent.
• Managed project budgets, constructed schedules, and project metrics to align with Service Level Agreement's (SLA's).
• Analyzed and resolved complex customer issues.
• Tailored procedures and workflows to suit a specific client's needs.
• Collaborated on project plans, initiate status meetings, and facilitated communication of project status.
• Created and forecasted project timelines and collaborated with clients and key stakeholders to manage scope change and ensure successful program delivery.
• Managed multiple teams in a cross-functional environment.
Randstad Technologies January 2016 to October 2016
Lead e-Discovery Analyst
Contractor for Federal Reserve Board of Governors
• Designed, built, and managed databases for the enforcement division.
• Executed continuous improvement and efficiencies within the workflow process with reporting directed to General Counsel.
• Reconfigured processes for all data handling resulting in improved Service Level Agreements.
• Collaborated with Counsel at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, U.S. Department of Justice and US Attorney General's Office on all enforcement actions.
• Improved leadership and guidance across multiple cross-functional teams.
Princeton Information February 2015 to January 2016
Contractor for Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
• Created and analyzed capacity planning reports to ensure appropriate staff levels.
• Generated and analyzed SLA's and metrics.
• Implemented successful beta testing software program for automatic processes.
• Collaborated with Forensic Investigation and Litigation Support group (FILS) project managers and counsel through the documentation for Member productions.
• Created project estimates; track budgets and scope change.
Scarab Consulting, LLC September 2013 to February 2015
Director of Operations/Engagement Services
• Administered team with up to 14 direct reports.
• Developed budgets, project plans, conducted status meetings, and communicated project progress.
• Managed all client billing. Maintain historic archive of financial information for use in forecasting new projects.
• Facilitated communication with stakeholders at multiple levels.
• Assessed progress toward department goals and modified operation performance as needed.
• Drove and recommended project cost savings and efficiency.
• Pioneered sales model, “Developing a Client-Centric Strategy with Cross-Functional Teams”, and utilized company-wide.
Miller, Canfield, Paddock, and Stone, PLC March 2008 to September 2013
Practice Support Manager
• Established Litigation Support Department for 6 offices decreasing annual budget of outsourced expenses by more than $500K per year while increasing firm revenues by $400K per year.
• Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) for Litigation as it relates to e-Discovery.
• Collaborate with Information Technology Systems to established system requirements, strategic direction, planned, and executed all aspect of litigation support for the Firm.
• Aligned with committees to develop, implement, and manage as the SME for e-Discovery.
• Analyzed data and develop financial controls for reducing outside costs by 80% and increasing efficiency through the use of technology and third-party vendors, including all contract negotiations with outside vendors.
• Planned and executed stringent protocols for the handling of document collections, litigation holds, and e-Discovery processing.
• Coordinated with Internal General Counsel on all Firm related litigation.
• Established system requirements, develop strategies, planned, and executed all aspect of litigation support for the Firm.
• Coordinated with Internal General Counsel on all Firm related litigation.
• Worked with outside General Counsel on document preservation and litigation hold issues.
CDI Corp July 2007 to March 2008
eDiscovery Case Manager
Contractor for General Motors Corporation.
• Collaborated with GM in-house counsel and with the LSA Development team to determine the scope and critical deadlines for the project.
• Collected ESI data and created document productions.
Plunkett Cooney P.C. May 1999 to June 2007
Project Support Coordinator
Bloomfield Hills, MI
• Partnered with attorneys on proper computer forensics examination techniques, workflow processes, and design for the building of litigation databases.
• Managed all litigation vendor relations.
• Assisted with legal researching and analysis of case law, draft related litigation documents, including appeals to Michigan Court of Appeals, Michigan Supreme Court and 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.
• Developed and presented trial exhibits and documentation productions.
• Trained staff on litigation software.
Education and Training
Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration
Master of Science: Corporate Finance
Troy, MI, United States
University of Detroit Mercy
Bachelor of Science: Accounting/Finance
Detroit, MI, United States
American Society of Quality
Classes towards Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Classes towards PMP Certification
• Talent Management & Execution Award
• Outstanding Sales Achievement Award
• Driving Innovation Award
• Management Foundations
• Managing for Results
• Talent Management
• Introduction to the Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
• LAW Pre-Discovery Administrator
• Strategic consultant on critical projects and created customized solutions for clients. Conducted project scoping calls, led client presentations where leading-edge technology solutions were provided with a competitive edge to clients.
• Extensive experience managing multi-million dollar projects in litigation.
• Developed a client-centric sales presentation with cross-functional teams.
• Project management, team building and managing multiple stakeholders on high-value cases while maximizing value to clients and minimizing risk.
• Established and created litigation support department in busy litigation firm with 175 attorneys in five different offices.
Public Trust security clearance with Federal Reserve Board of Governors and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.