S TERNEY JEYASEELAN
( S AUDI - T R ANSFERRABLE V I S A )
• 16 years of experience in the Oil and Gas, Heavy Industrial, infrastructures and engineering construction industries in EPC environment with expertise in Quantity Surveying, Cost Control, Estimation and Projects.
• Currently associated with SNC-Lavalin Arabia in Saudi Aramco’s Shale Gas Development – System ‘B’ Project, value USD 700 M, the scope comprises of processing facilities, wellheads and pipelines.
• 13 years of Gulf experience from UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
• Experience in pipeline, wellheads, process facilities, steel works which includes boilers, heat exchangers, gantry cranes, industrial steel structures and carbon steel and stainless-steel storage tanks.
Bill of quantities & Material Take-Off Quantity Surveying Pre and Post contract activities Tender and Contract documentation Estimation Periodical claims & variations
Final Accounts Cost management
Change Management MIS reports
Business development support Cash Flow analysis
Cost planning Arbitration & Negotiation
Change Orders Re-measurable & lump sum contract
JOB H I STORY
• May 2018 – Present Quantity Surveyor
SNC-Lavalin, Saudi Arabia
• Jun 2012 - May 2017 Senior Quantity Surveyor & Estimation Engineer DicoTech Qatar WLL, Qatar
• Sep 2005 - Jan 2012 Estimation Engineer & Quantity Surveyor Perfect Engineering FZCO, Dubai, U.A.E.
• Jun 2002 - Aug 2005 Project Engineer
Performed a vital role in receiving the Final Account Closure from Qatar Hamad International Airport project, value of USD 41 M.
Surpassed from the given sales target by 33% as a part of business development support.
Optimized the quotation rate by 25% whilst adhering to clients’ requirements.
Implemented tracking systems for monitoring project progress and commercial activities.
Been instrumental for registering the company as an authorized passive fireproofing applicator with Kharamaa-Qatar and Qatar Rail.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- in Mechanical discipline in 2002
- from Bharathidhasan University
- Tamilnadu, India
- Shale Gas Development - System B
- Doha Metro
- Hamad International Airport
- Gas Sweetening Facilities Projects
- Rasgas Onshore Expansion Phase 2
- Barzan Gas Project
- Qatalum Project
- Doha Msheireb Downtown
- Qatar Gas Phase 3&4 LNG project
- Dubai Mall
- Dubai Metro
C L I ENTS
- Saudi Aramco
- Qatar Petroleum
- Doha Petroleum Construction
- Qatar Fertilizers Company
- Qatar Petrochemical Company
- CCC/TCC JV
- Qatar Rail
- Dubai Electricity & Water Authority
• Certified Non-Destructive Testing:
ASNT- NDT Level II-RT, UT, PT, MT.
• Certified Internal Auditor for OHSAS
18001:1999 completed in TUV, Dubai,
• Expertise in Standards FIDIC,
SMM7, CESMM4, POMI.
- MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project
- Permanent Address:
Tiruchchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Passport: J4332690 (valid till Feb
- DOB: 26-March-1981
Page 2 of 2
WORK H I STORY
Quantity Surveyor SNC-Lavalin, Saudi Arabia May 2018 - Present Responsibilities:
• Preparation of MTOs and BOQs according to the approved IFC drawings.
• Prepare pre and post contract requirements in line with the project requirements.
• Record site measurements for claims in adherence with various modes of measurements.
• Prepare monthly commercial claims inclusive of work-done, day works and variations.
• Coordinate with client for the approval and certification of claims and variations.
• Prepare & Compile Interim and Final Accounts as per contract obligations.
• Prepare cost report, cost estimate for different phases of the project.
• Orchestrate MIS reports which include cash flow, progress, and efficiency.
• Monitoring and evaluating of project resources like manpower, equipment and material consumption.
• Tracking, analyze and evaluate payment application and variations of the sub-contractors’ works.
• Forecast quantities to determine estimated final cost of measured work and quantity growth.
• Tracking and expediting site procurement activities to be in line with the forecasted schedule. Senior Responsibilities: Quantity Surveyor & Estimation Engineer DicoTech Qatar WLL, Qatar Jun 2012 - May 2017
• Lead, managed quantity surveying and estimating team for bidding tenders and enquiries.
• Scrutinized and reviewed and prepared bill of quantities, estimation and quotation.
• Prepared and received approval for Pre-Qualification and technical submittal.
• Evaluate the commercial and contractual terms of the contract and correspond with client.
• Monitoring and documenting all contractual communications and correspondences.
• Conduct kick-off meeting ensuring all site personnel are aware of the contract and scope.
• Preparation of Post contract cost estimation, cash flow and budget forecast.
• To guide the project team to achieve the deadline by preparing contractual schedule and milestones.
• Maintained and coordinated with finance for guarantees, securities, bonds and warranties.
• Resolved and negotiated for contractual disputes like contra-charges, schedule, variations and claims.
• Documented logs for claims and thereby incorporating variations/change orders in the contract.
• Approval of the final account closure by valuation, substantiation, reconciliation and arbitration.
• Coordinate to prepare financial reports, cash flow forecasts and financial related to work on site.
• Coordination with project teams to track progress on project plan and adherence to schedule.
• Resolution of disputes between client and subcontractors’ issues.
• Liaison with procurement and manufacturer for the proper flow of supply chain management. Estimation Engineer & Quantity Surveyor Perfect Engineering FZCO, U.A.E Sep 2005 - Jan 2012 Responsibilities as Estimation Engineer & Quantity Surveyor and Senior Project Engineer:
• Estimation, quotation, fabrication and erection of the steel structure with approved drawings and specifications.
• Initiated cost reduction activities by generating progress charts for weekly and monthly monitoring program.
• Timely submission of the periodical claims, variations of the work done.
• As a Management Representative my responsibilities were effective implementation and adherence to Quality Management System thereby analyzing and implemented the standards and enhanced the company standard procedures and quality. Project Engineer IndoFab, INDIA Jun 2002 - Aug 2005 Responsibilities:
• Erection and fabrication of the steel structure in accordance with approved drawings and specifications.
• Reviewed and prepared monthly billings, change orders and manpower projections.
• Monitored project progress, coordinated activities, resolved, received certification and project completion.