Irvine, CA *****
Consultant 2004 – Present
• Consulting as a controller responsible for full cycle accounting operations from daily activities including but not limited to cash flow management, accounts receivable and payable, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, general ledger to month-end closing and financial reporting. Also responsible for research and implementation of proper accounting treatments, and development of policies and procedures. In charge of new ERP implementation.
• Established budget and financial forecast models, and handled due diligence on acquisitions.
• Designed and established full cycle accounting operation, implemented internal control system, trained staff, and monitored progress for improvements for the U.S. territory franchisor of a global chain business.
• Worked on internal audits in hi-tech, mortgage banking and healthcare industries including Sarbanes Oxley compliance to mitigate risk exposure, and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the operations.
• Audited, reviewed, and compiled financial statements for various clients at local CPA firms.
• Prepare and review income tax returns for businesses and individuals. KSCI-TV, Los Angeles 2002 – 2003
• Managed daily accounting operation reporting to CFO.
• In charge of month-end closing and financial statements preparation.
• Managed purchasing and disbursement processes as well as sales recording and billing procedures.
• Developed monthly sales reports and calculated commissions.
• Monitored cash flow online and prepared daily cash report.
• Established policies and procedures to assure sound internal controls.
• Coordinated with other departments to develop understanding of business processes involving financial information flows and to straighten out issues to improve internal controls, and assure accuracy.
• Directed and led annual financial audit to facilitate the processes for timely completion. Consultant, Los Angeles 1998 - 2002
• Managed audit engagements for local CPA firms.
• Supervised field work, and provided technical review and staff training.
• Made recommendations addressing internal control, business operation, and technology issues.
• Compiled and reviewed financial statements for clients in various industries.
• Prepared income tax returns for corporations, partnerships, trust, and high net worth individuals. Price Waterhouse Coopers LLP, Los Angeles 1995 - 1998 In-Charge-Auditor
• In charge of financial audits in high-tech, manufacturing, distribution, healthcare and hospitality industries.
• Performed analyses of financial statements and identified risks. Planned and budgeted audit engagements. Assessed audit risks, developed strategies, set up procedures and monitored progress.
• Supervised associates’ work and evaluated performances.
• Resolved issues to ensure quality of work performed and services provided.
• Responsible for workpaper review, recommendations to clients, wrapping up and issuing audit reports. Gilbert Vasquez & Company, Los Angeles 1991 - 1995 Senior Auditor & Auditor
• Supervised financial and compliance audits on health care providers, mortgage loan revenue bonds, and other medium-sized companies including not-for-profit organizations.
• In charge of full scope financial audits from planning, budgeting, supervising, reviewing workpaper, and wrapping up audits.
• Performed joint venture financial audits with KPMG on hospitals, and higher education institutions.
• Responsible for compiling financial statements on mortgage loan bonds. EDUCATION UCLA – Professional Accounting Program - 1990 Ohio State University – M.S.
SKILLS Excel, QuickBooks, ProSystem Fx, Lacerte, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio