• Proficient knowledge of human resource management systems, such as people@work®/ ADP and PeopleSoft which encompassed recruitment, training, benefits, evaluations, data collection methodologies and statistical analysis
• Collaborated with Employee Unions on various matters which include but are not limited to employee relations, disciplines, conflict resolution and grievances
• Strong critical thinking to analyze unique events and perspectives held within the workplace to gather relevant information to develop responses/strategies in anticipation of ones needs to in turn make appropriate recommendations
• Immense organizational and leadership experience to facilitate change and communicate understanding in group settings, through development of effective reports, presentations and materials
• Continuously taking initiative to identify priorities, manage time, and seek appropriate resources to contribute to the holistic success of team objectives – leading, teaching, motivating
• Ability to flex and adapt to different work environments, both independently and as part of a team through applying strategic problem-solving, creativity and logic to make educated decisions WORK EXPERIENCE
Various Organizations: HR Consultant (Project Based Structure) 2018-2019 Various, Ontario
• Assisted organizations adhere to legislative employment standards in Health and Safety, AODA, Bill 162 and Human Rights
• Proactively reading and analyzing policy manuals to ensure they were up to date to match current requirements
• Assisting mangers with team performance management, which included but isn’t limited to employee reviews, compensation and succession planning.
Hammond Power Solutions: Human Resource Generalist 2016-2018 Guelph, ON
• Manage recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and retention strategies for all organization-wide positions
• Immense knowledge of all relevant Canadian human resource legislation, practices, policies and compliance
• Implement corporate changes where necessary and act as liaison between internal and external legal counsel as appropriate.
• Develop and create HR reports such as monthly people count, training compliance reports, job descriptions, and compensation reports
• Assist department mangers with identifying trends and recommend solutions to improve employee performance, relations and retention
• Oversee all HRIS systems, Health & safety program, training programs, and benefits administration. Salma Transportation: Human Resource Generalist 2009-2014 Kitchener, Ontario
• Conducted all HR generalist activities such as developing company policies, organizing and conducting the hiring process for vast positions, and setting up compensation/benefits and retirement programs
• Created, maintained and enforced all aspects of health and safety within the work environment including awareness, training, education and practice for legislative compliance.
• Performed all HR related administrative duties such as updating employee records into the HRIS, performing workplace audits, and developing proposal/budgets.
• Managed payroll duties to provide necessary groups with updates in a timely and efficient manner. Transgear-Linamar Corporation (Co-op): Human Resource Assistant 2012-2012 Guelph, Ontario
• Facilitated the recruitment process, which included scheduling & performing interviews and reference checks.
• Responsible for new employee onboarding through conducting orientation, required training; updated the training matrix
• Completed workplace and safety inspections while implementing safety programs and assisting with JHSC activities.
• Assisted employees with their general Payroll and Benefits inquiries, prepared employment verification letters.
Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management 2011-2012 Conestoga College, Ontario
B.Sc. in Psychology (minor in Biology) 2005- 2010
Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario