Calgary, AB, Canada T2H 4W7
***/ ***-****- ***** ; 403/ 209-6560 - fax
A health care professional with clinical skills and abilities to plan and implement programs and services in acute, long term, community and occupational health care settings. Demon- strates leadership capabilities, creative problem solving skills, and able to adapt quickly to chal- lenging situations.
Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration (MHSA) University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BN)
University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
Occupational Health Nursing Certificate (OHN(c)
Mac Ewan University, Edmonton, AB
Diploma in Nursing (RN)
Health Sciences Centre School of Nursing, Winnipeg, MB CERTIFICATIONS
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) CPR/AED
International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Audiology Visual Testing Venipuncture
IV Therapy Computer skills
Occupational Health Nursing IV Push medications
Drug & Breath Alcohol Testing
KGL Construction - South West Calgary Ring Road Project 2017-present
Occupational Health Nurse/Disability Management (Casual/Part time)
• A member of the nursing staff at the clinic. Multiple contractors and subcontractors in- volved in the project. Perform expectations of occupational health testing on employees. Coverdale Clinics
2012 - present
Staff Nurse (Casual/Part time)
• A member of the clinical nursing team performing venipuncture, administering and de- livering biologic and specialty pharmaceuticals to patients in an ambulatory setting.
• Monitoring intravenous therapy on challenging clinical patients for the purposes of med- ication therapy.
Alberta Health Services
Healthy Living, Population, Public, and Aboriginal Health 2014 – 2017
Implementation Specialist – Provincial Colorectal Cancer Screening Program
• Oversee the provincial program implementing colorectal screening throughout the prov- ince. Work with community and acute care partners to facilitate increased cancer screening in key targeted patient population.
Correctional Health Services
2002 - 2014
Staff Nurse (Full Time/Part time/Casual)
• Developed need for and worked with incarcerated youth (ages 10-21 years) to edu- cate in sexual health, dental care, infection prevention, addictions.
• As a member of the nursing team of health care professionals, contribute towards provid- ing health care services as well as dental and psychological services, to clients in an in- carcerated environment.
• Provide first aide,ITLS, ACLS, occupational health services to members of the staff.
• Experienced working with incarcerated adults of all ages. Carewest - Calgary, AB
2005 - 2007
Occupational Health & Safety Nurse
• Provided employee health services to over 2,500 employees who are serving people in a continuing care and community care setting.
• Taught programs on health promotion, positively influencing improved health care in employees.
• Contributing towards a successful Immunization program achieving 87% compliance across 8 care centres located throughout the Calgary region.
• Initiated and participated in programs for MSDS education, managed rehabilitation, first aid, Hepatitis B immunization, hearing conservation program, accreditation survey for employees throughout Carewest.
Calgary Health Region - Calgary, AB
Regional Manager Pre Admission Clinics (PAC)
Regional Quality Improvement Consultant – Patient Flow Project
• As the first Regional Manager in this area, oversaw 3 specialized units across the entire health region into clinical operational areas in the delivery of pre surgical services.
• Developed, analyzed and presented reports and statistics in a timely fashion to the Re- gional Advisory Committee.
• Initiated the Quality Management Plan for enhancing the flow of patients throughout the region, and then implemented aspects of the plan, dealing with 20 teams of staff. Tricon Consulting Firm Inc. – Health Care Consulting 2009-2011
• Consulted for the Physician Office System Program (POSP) enabling the use of the electric medical records (EMR) for physicians, who provide insured services across the province, to improve patient care and support best practices occurring in the delivery of care to Albertans.
• Support and prepare physicians and their clinic staff with education and preparation for an EMR implementation.
• Through reports, able to identify issues and risks related to change management and the impact of implementing an EMR.
SOS International Canada, Inc. - CNRL Horizon’s Health Centre, Fort McKay, AB 2007 - 2008
Manager Transitional Services Project - Occupational Health (Contract)
• As a member of the team of health professionals located at the Horizon’s northern nurs- ing station, involved in providing clinical services to the employees and contract person- nel of CNRL.
• Identified and prioritized key issues with solutions to a major oil company for the provi- sion of primary health services serving an industrial site of over 10,000 people.
• Co-designed the physical layout and operation of the clinic. Lead the group of nurses, paramedics, EMR, EMT, clerical staff in the clinic. Transcontential Printing Ltd.
Talisman Energy, Ltd.
Occupational Health Nursing/Disability Management (Contracts) Other positions:
Assistant Executive Director-Patient Care–Wetaskiwin General Hospital-Wetaskiwin, AB Clinical Instructor, The Faculty of Nursing - University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB Staff Nurse in Intensive Care Unit (CCU, Trauma, SICU) & Emergency Room, Calgary, AB APPOINTMENTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Canadian Red Cross Society 2009-2014
Instructor – CPR & First Aide, Calgary, AB
St. Vincent de Paul Society for the Homeless (SVDP) (Chair-2004-2009) 2004 – 2016 St. Mary’s Conference, Calgary, AB
Alberta Occupational Health Nurses Association (AOHNA) 2005 - 2009 College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) 1979 Present Manitoba Association of Registered Nurses (MARN) 1978 - 1979 The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) 1993 – 2003 Other community activities: Hiking, curling, swimming, golfing, skiing, quilting