Jeff J. Tapper
Team oriented, self-starter with strong communication skills. Proven ability leading diverse teams through execution of projects by motivating team members and alignment of customer needs. Analytical and creative problem solver able to utilize cross functional resources to drive improvement and accomplish tasks. Motivated and driven to continually improve product quality, manufacturing capability, and customer satisfaction all while reducing operating costs. Skills
• Advanced Product Quality Planning
• Design and Process FMEA
• Control Plans
• Production Part Approval Process
• ISO9001 Certified Lead Auditor
• ISO14001 Certified Lead Auditor
• Certified Lean Practitioner
• Kaizen Facilitation
• AIAG Core Tools Competencies
• Six-Sigma Black Belt
• 8D Problem Solving
Management Systems Leader
Gopher Resource Eagan, MN September 2012-October 2016
• Change agent to build and execute effective quality management systems in the organization.
• Develop inspection standards for manufacturing operations.
• Management representative for QMS/EMS systems.
• Apply Lean and Six-Sigma methodologies to drive continuous improvement in the organization.
• Cultivate a team of six process technicians and a continuous improvement specialist.
• Interface with R&D and engineering teams to develop new manufacturing processes.
• Promote and implement quality objectives that align with business/stakeholder strategy.
• Establish quality standards based on customer relations and specifications.
• Develop and communicate performance of key process indicators to executive management.
• Lead cross functional continuous improvement events.
• Identify and manage change throughout the organization.
• Implement corrective and preventative actions internally & externally.
• Employ process improvement tools (SIPOC, Process Maps, 8D, Fishbone, 5-Why, 5S, CE Matrix, etc.).
• Presented & trained plant employees on foundation level 5S/Lean training.
• Execute continuous assessment of quality trends across three manufacturing facilities. Management Systems Specialist
Gopher Resource Eagan, MN December 2005- September 2012
• Support Quality & Manufacturing activities for three manufacturing sites.
• Maintain documents and records in accordance with ISO standards and regulatory requirements.
• Develop quality standards based on customer relations and specifications.
• Perform QMS/EMS audits in accordance with internal and third party standards.
• Provide support and follow up on non-conformance and corrective action programs.
• Lead effective management of change program.
• Manage effective 5S program through event facilitation and auditing. Education
Brown College Mendota Heights, MN
B.S. Business Management
St. Paul College St. Paul, MN
Certified Lean Manufacturing Practitioner
Six-Sigma Academy Tempe, AZ
Six-Sigma Black Belt